GDT: Trade deadline 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
We couldn't beat the Bruins on Hall? I'm not sure why we should keep the 1st this year as there aren't many evaluation of the players going on, so good future players can be everywhere.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
[QUOTE="TheLegendOfPatPeake, post: 177275578, member: 328487"
Ovi will be 37/38....father time always wins. He won't suck but he also won't be the best player on the team anymore.
.[/QUOTE]
Didnt 45 year old Tom Brady just win super bowl MVP?

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
I guess Laughton would have been ok but he’d need to be in the lineup and not eating nachos. Given that, would Vrana come out of the lineup, or Sprong? What’s the marginal upgrade in someone like Laughton over those guys? I’d say it’d be negative in the case of Vrana, and minimal over Sprong.

I think the argument would be Laughton over Sprong maybe means a player Laviolette trusts more defensively, but primarily serves to ensure you don't get this in the playoffs:

Sheary–Oshie–Panik or Vrana–Pinho–Sprong

Sprong doesn't need to stay in the lineup to be effective when he comes back in. If Panik is our #13 and we're relying on Carr, Pinho, Sgarbossa and Maillet as our forward depth thereafter, I have no problem pushing Sprong out of the lineup to get a little more NHL depth up front.

Remember how many forwards we used during the Cup run?
  1. Ovechkin
  2. Kuznetsov
  3. Wilson
  4. Backstrom
  5. Oshie
  6. Vrana
  7. Burakovsky
  8. Eller
  9. Connolly
  10. Stephenson
  11. Beagle
  12. DSP
  13. Chiasson
  14. Boyd
  15. Shane Gersich
  16. Nathan Walker
Six of them played center for at least a game. I'd feel more comfortable being able to move a Stephenson from wing to center than Oshie, or know that our 5C is vaguely NHL-credible. A quiet depth addition or two that doesn't cost much – and doesn't necessarily need to be in the lineup regularly – would be fine by me. Does no-one in the league have a cheap, capable 4C-type who could be had for a 4th?

Jun 15, 2007
3m a year for Laughton is okay but 5 years is dumb but I suppose those things are correlated.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
If a center does go down I think I’d be ok with just double-shifting the remaining 3 centers, and Oshie for a few shifts at center, rather than to acquire someone like this:

upload_2021-4-12_14-23-6.jpeg

Reactions: crab

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
We couldn't beat the Bruins on Hall? I'm not sure why we should keep the 1st this year as there aren't many evaluation of the players going on, so good future players can be everywhere.
Caps reportedly were in on Hall. Hall wanted to go to Boston because there’s a good chance he re-signs with them. Sounds like he may have chosen Boston over Washington and one other team.

Reactions: bur and 666 others

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Good one. I guess pointing out areas of concern makes someone suicidal.
It’s a joke bud lighten up.

The thread has become an echo chamber of you pointing out the same few ideas over and over again.

You’ve used Brian Pinho’s name in this thread more times than he’s been mentioned in previous Hershey threads that were a season long.

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe

Sorry, but I don’t think you ever want to hear an $8million a year player say ‘I’m not the most confident’ and imply he picked a team where he didn’t need to be the star player and could be a quieter contributor.

Can’t see he was going to find his game again under playoff-intensity Laviolette. Bullet dodged?

I also feel it’s perhaps better etiquette to wait until you’ve found your game again, or at least played a minute for your new team, before declaring you’d like to re-sign there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad