GDT: Trade deadline 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
When Beagle signed his 4 year AAV $1.75m contract that money was pretty close to what Hagelin is making.

2.75 is a bit closer to 3 than to 1.75 no?

Also Beagle was a faceoff ace and had much more of a shutdown presence in part due to being a C. Dowd is much more of a Beagle replacement

Reactions: troyerlaw

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Agree that Bernier shouldn't displace VV. But his save percentage is 15 basis points higher than Sammy's playing behind a far sketchier defense than ours. And his career number is better than Sammy's over a much larger sample size and which, unlike Sammy's number, is not trending down. I think Sammy looks bad now, and should be returned to the AHL if we get Bernier, to see if he's got the maturity and mental game for professional hockey in North America - because I definitely have my doubts.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Sometimes it takes a while for news to break after 3pm. With not much of a backlog, though, you'd think it wouldn't take all that long.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Sometimes trades don’t get announced until after the deadline. But yeah, feeling like we are staying pat. Really been nothing.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Ugh. Hot air... Quenville is a good coach. People who know Fla and Bennet think it could be a match but your video game controller says otherwise. Got it.

I disagree with your assessment but I’ll defend to the death your right to post it!

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Ugh. Hot air... Quenville is a good coach. People who know Fla and Bennet think it could be a match but your video game controller says otherwise. Got it.

I disagree with your assessment but I’ll defend to the death your right to post it!

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Unless it's something big.

The Erat fiasco took like an hour after the deadline passed
Also something involving a NTC would take a little longer to finalize.

Holding my breath that neither Bernier nor Glendening have been announced anywhere yet.

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
Post game thoughts
  • WTF was Chara thinking?
  • Another bad TDL for Dillon. Awful signing.
  • Powerplay delivers yet again / Forsyth couldn’t strategise his way out of a paper bag
  • Great saves by Vanecek and the posts, but another SO bid ruined though thanks to @stupidposter
  • Vrana looked lost out there, like he was barely even trying to make a trade all game
  • LOL’d at Kuzy banging his stick against the side of the cage trying to make Buffalo GM Kevyn Adams think Panik is a top-6 scoring threat.
  • Siegenthaler with a questionable give away
  • Sprong should never come out the lineup
  • Bold strategy for GMBM to play himself at 3C with Eller/Backstrom/Kuzy out, we’ll see if that pays off.
Overall I liked what I saw, except for all the bits I hated.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
BMac on the left. HFBoards on the right.

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->