GDT: Trade deadline 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jun 15, 2007
Just saying, I would have given up a 1st + Panik for Hall, plus the Arizona 3rd we got from Siege to Detroit for retaining another 50% on Hall to make it work.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
We have been so used to having goaltending that it all feels so shocking when we actually look what's out there but there is nothinggggg.

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
Remember kids, Trade Deadline's are usually extremely underwhelming and won't be much big action

Go by what you hear from the GMs themselves about if they're done for the day

and the Deadline isn't the deadline, expect a handful of announcements until 3:45 or so

Looking forward to seeing several disappointed posts that we're doomed, losing faith in GMBM, and how BOS/PIT/NYI are >All-In< :popcorn::baghead:

TheLegendOfPatPeake

Jun 12, 2020
Washington D.C.
Remember kids, Trade Deadline's are usually extremely underwhelming and won't be much big action

Go by what you hear from the GMs themselves about if they're done for the day

and the Deadline isn't the deadline, expect a handful of announcements until 3:45 or so

Looking forward to seeing several disappointed posts that we're doomed, losing faith in GMBM, and how BOS/PIT/NYI are >All-In< :popcorn::baghead:
upload_2021-4-12_9-55-40.gif

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Would love to see a postmortem of our TDL posts in 2018. What did we think we needed going on, how we felt after, etc. I know with that one we made the Jaskin and Kempny traded before the actual TDL but I think sometimes we romanticize that season while in reality it felt like every other season.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
If they are looking at the Goalie position, I would prefer Ullmark over Bernier since Ullmark has apparently indicated to the Sabres that he's definitely going to test free agency. May also give us a leg up on other teams if we lose a goalie via the expansion draft and we've already developed a relationship with Ullmark.

Reactions: HecticGlow

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
Would love to see a postmortem of our TDL posts in 2018. What did we think we needed going on, how we felt after, etc. I know with that one we made the Jaskin and Kempny traded before the actual TDL but I think sometimes we romanticize that season while in reality it felt like every other season.

Jereabek, not Jaskin. We picked the latter up off waivers before GM1 of the 2018-2019 season from the Blues because we wanted physicality in the lineup to replace a suspended Tom Wilson, but then it turned out Jaskin was less physicality and more of a skilled guy who couldn’t make it work in the NHL and we barely played him again. IIRC, Jaskin was briefly put on waivers, and then promptly taken off before noon so DSP could be waived instead.

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
If they are looking at the Goalie position, I would prefer Ullmark over Bernier since Ullmark has apparently indicated to the Sabres that he's definitely going to test free agency. May also give us a leg up if on other teams if we lose a goalie via the expansion draft.

I like Ullmark as a stealth pickup to displace Samsonov from the tandem. Sammy has a lot of talent but isn’t ready to be an NHL starter, and Ullmark has been one of the few bright sparks on that Sabres team for 2 or 3 years now. Alternate him and Vanny for the rest of the season and go with the hot hand in the playoffs?

crazy8888

Sep 8, 2010
Brooklyn NY
I'm not advocating for big moves just to say that we did. My only frustration is that there is reasonable opportunity to upgrade over Panik and they should definitely do it. Not sure if there is a point in upgrading any other position. The D is set. The goalies are set and bringing in some fringe back up with some sort of playoff experience is not smart in my opinion. Just let the kids play it out.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Maybe could see Hoffman going to one of the teams still looking for a top 9 forward. Hard to know what his situation is though because clearly very few teams were interested in him last summer

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
Rakell seems to be BPA. Doubtful they would take Panik as part of the return, so Panik would probably need to be move prior, or to a 3rd team.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Maybe could see Hoffman going to one of the teams still looking for a top 9 forward. Hard to know what his situation is though because clearly very few teams were interested in him last summer
St. Louis has creeped up to fourth place in the West, so I no longer see them as sellers. They may have righted their ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad