GDT: Trade deadline 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
So, if Laughton is indeed staying, non-rentals or just value depth? Sure seems like they were rebuffed on perhaps both Foligno and Hall. Can something significant shake loose? It's Filip Forsberg SZN.

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
Jensen is ok. Hagelin and Dillon are overpaid.

Panik is a PTO player, way overpaid. If Panik was fairly priced, he would not have cleared waivers. He’s awful.

I don’t think for a moment GMBM would’ve paid Hagelin what he did if he’d known Hags would be on the fourth line by year 2 of 4. But Hags was quite obviously a fourth liner who still had the wheels and defensive prowess to hang with more skilled players if called on (though not as a producer). Remember in 2019 when we had Hagelin as our 2LW in playoff games? :confused:

If Panik had been what GMBM promised, his $2.75million would be about right. But he’s been none of those things, and I suspect Mac is finding it’s going to be expensive to get someone to buy 2 years of his contract in this economy.

Dillon has got a lot of value – physicality, penalty killing, decent wheels, and clearly a liked and vocal guy in the room. But it’s no secret he isn’t the smartest or most gaffe-proof player, and I think Mac underestimated how problematic that could be.

Jensen you’d only move for cap reasons, if you can get back something far more valuable than what you lose. His skating and steadiness are a welcome asset on this team right now.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
So, if Laughton is indeed staying, non-rentals or just value depth? Sure seems like they were rebuffed on perhaps both Foligno and Hall. Can something significant shake loose? It's Filip Forsberg SZN.

A core deal of Vrana for FF.....imagine the heads imploding lol....

Reactions: Calicaps

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe

I don’t understand why more bubble/tanking teams and their UFAs don’t put an agreement in the draw and send the guy to a playoff team for a few months? If there’s genuine interest in continuing the relationship, why not let the guy go chase a cup and gain an asset or two in the meantime? Especially in an expansion year, when you risk having to protect or lose them after extending them anyway.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
If the Caps lose a center they are toast. They have to go out and get a depth center.

That depth center is Connor McMichael. Or Pinho or whoever else is in the system.. Or Oshie for a few shifts. Or just double-shift all your good players.

Depth centers like Luke Glendening are really bad! And the team is still screwed if one of their centers goes down if someone like Glendening is signed.

TheLegendOfPatPeake

Jun 12, 2020
Washington D.C.
For folks on here who seem to be concerned about using 1st round picks, I am genuinely curious why you are so concerned with using those to acquire a player. Any player the caps draft this summer or next year isn't going to help this current core take another run. Why are you even thinking about what the caps will be four or five year from now? They are going to suck in the future and there is no avoiding it. I am asking because I don't get the concern, that being said, I wouldn't give them away but I also wouldn't be afraid to use them.

TheLegendOfPatPeake

Jun 12, 2020
Washington D.C.
That depth center is Connor McMichael. Or Pinho or whoever else. Or Oshie for a few shifts.

Depth centers like Luke Glendening are really bad! And the team is still screwed if one of their centers goes down if someone like Glendening is signed.
Did you not see Pinho in the bubble last year, and/or at the beginning of this year? That is not a viable option.

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
That depth center is Connor McMichael. Or Pinho or whoever else.

Depth centers like Luke Glendening are really bad!

But a guy like Laughton, if he could have been had, would have been good. McMichael clearly isn't an NHLer yet, I'm not sure Pinho will ever be one. I expected him to at least find another Boyd/Stephenson-like taxi squad tweener, if not an every day guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad