GDT: Trade Deadline 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKWeber

Mar 1, 2017
Montreal
I don't mind if they trade beau for a forward but then we have the slowest D in the league. I would do gallagher+ for Cam Fowler.

Prairie Spitfire

Jul 22, 2013
Dieppe, NB
RNH an upgrade? Look at his stats? Look how friggin soft he plays. His cap hit is what? 6 million?

RNH is definitely an offensive upgrade. He is having a bad season playing second fiddle to McDavid but he hasn't lost his ability to pass. He's got a better playmaking skill set than any of our current centres. Problem is, like you said, he is 10-ply; super soft.

Shabutie

Jul 26, 2004
Ottawa
A mature Evander Kane would be awesome. Habs need wingers like this.

He seems to get in trouble on occasion though.
As long as he brings it to the rink every day and is a ***** to play against, I could give 2 *****. LW who scores at a 30goal pace, can hit, can drop 'em.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Except Kane isn't a reclamation project. He's a 30 goal scorer. Huge difference, but you probably don't understand that...
LMFAO... 30 goal scorer???
When..2012!
He hit 30 once, 5 years ago. He's not a 30 goal scorer, he's a joke.
(MOD)

Last edited by a moderator:

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Struggling this year but still significantly better than Danault imo.

We're getting adequate contribution from our first line. As much as I don't think Danault is a 1st liner but having both Pacioretty and Radulov on the same line makes up for it. Let's not kid ourselves, acquiring a 1st line center at the TD is highly unlikely.

What we need to focus on is acquiring a winger for Galchenyuk.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
LMFAO... 30 goal scorer???
When..2012!
He hit 30 once, 5 years ago. He's not a 30 goal scorer, he's a joke.
(MOD)

Kane has 22 goals in 51 games so far this season. On Buffalo. If that's a joke, sign me up for the comedy club.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Struggling this year but still significantly better than Danault imo.

Salary cap world. You bring this salary on you can say goodbye to one of the following- not being able to sign Radulov, extend Pacioretty or AG27. You willing to sacrifice one of these for the softest player in the western conference. We do operate in a cap world

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
We're getting adequate contribution from our first line. As much as I don't think Danault is a 1st liner but having both Pacioretty and Radulov on the same line makes up for it. Let's not kid ourselves, acquiring a 1st line center at the TD is highly unlikely.

What we need to focus on is acquiring a winger for Galchenyuk.

Yea but I would break up Pacioretty and Radulov. Pacioretty with newly acquired center and Radulov with Galchenyuk.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Let me be absolutely clear.

Evander Kane is awful. He has 0 offensive IQ for all his tools and he is a giant tool.

If you can't get Duchene, don't ****ing bother with anything. Buying ****** pieces just makes you less ****** but still ****.

I'd rather buy low on Vanek or Vrbata then pay a premium for a hockey player who doesn't know what the hell to do besides shoot from bad angles.

Of course they do, they have enough for Duchene, so certainly for Kane... no the real problem with Kane is that he's a head case who never showed the dedication necessary to win. I can't believe how many people want him here... FFS he's a party animal in Buffalo, really BUFFALO, imagine here where he'd be treated like a God... the guy actually thinks he's one... remember that instagram pic with cash all over the place ? Guy's a moron... I like the skills he brings, but let's be honest MB drove PK out of town because of character issue... and now he would trade for Kane ? Doesn't make any sense.

Evander Kane is a risk. No question. But unlike Vanek or Vrbata where the risk is whether their talent shows up, Kane's risk is whether he keeps his head on straight. What isn't at risk is his talent. Kane's got skill and size, and he scores goals. We need that here and now.

His questionable dedication and his partying are real issues, but they'd concern me much more over an extended contract. Parachuting him in for an intense playoff run would probably keep those habits in check for a few months, at least.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Evander Kane would definitely be a welcomed addition.

If you haven't already, I suggest you read a little about RHN. He's not the player he used to be.

Mdamico

Dec 29, 2006
If you don't think that a LW 6'2" gritty forward who can pot 30 would help this team you're a fool, sorry.

I think he would solidly our LW behind Patches, but, at the rumoured price of Sergachev, I'll certainly pass. He would be a nice pick up, but his value is at an all time high. Most posters are afraid of Kane in MTL for personal reasons. Kane has been chewed out by both Buff and Winni media for his antics, imagine what the French media would do with that. For the right price, it's certainly worth the risk though

Shabutie

Jul 26, 2004
Ottawa
You made the comparison of P.Roy to Thibault. Which is a dumb comparison. E.Kane is not someone you just 'toss'. Unlike Kassian, he's still a productive forward in this league.

I've watched this Forum turn from one of the absolute best message boards for hockey to a ***** fest of every move our GMs make.

**** me for hoping for the best when it comes to this team and trying to see the 'pros' of certain players and what they can bring to our team.

Shabutie

Jul 26, 2004
Ottawa
I think he would solidly our LW behind Patches, but, at the rumoured price of Sergachev, I'll certainly pass. He would be a nice pick up, but his value is at an all time high. Most posters are afraid of Kane in MTL for personal reasons. Kane has been chewed out by both Buff and Winni media for his antics, imagine what the French media would do with that. For the right price, it's certainly worth the risk though
I haven't seen a Sergachev rumor. I certainly wouldn't do it for that (since that's literally the only prospect we have with any "star potential"). If it's Beaulieu + a 1st, I'd do it.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
RNH is definitely an offensive upgrade. He is having a bad season playing second fiddle to McDavid but he hasn't lost his ability to pass. He's got a better playmaking skill set than any of our current centres. Problem is, like you said, he is 10-ply; super soft.

Reports out of Edmonton suggest that he wouldn't be an offensive upgrade and just an other checking center. If Bergevin is serious about upgrading the offense, RHN isn't the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad