GDT: Trade Deadline 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

We Want The 25

Go Habs Go
Sep 7, 2006
Radulov also had Characater problems in past. and Bergevin surprised everyone so I could see us getting kane

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Let me be absolutely clear.

Evander Kane is awful. He has 0 offensive IQ for all his tools and he is a giant tool.

If you can't get Duchene, don't ****ing bother with anything. Buying ****** pieces just makes you less ****** but still ****.

I'd rather buy low on Vanek or Vrbata then pay a premium for a hockey player who doesn't know what the hell to do besides shoot from bad angles.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
The only thing with Kane... do you have enough cap space next season with him, Galchenyuk and Radulov new contracts ?

Of course they do, they have enough for Duchene, so certainly for Kane... no the real problem with Kane is that he's a head case who never showed the dedication necessary to win. I can't believe how many people want him here... FFS he's a party animal in Buffalo, really BUFFALO, imagine here where he'd be treated like a God... the guy actually thinks he's one... remember that instagram pic with cash all over the place ? Guy's a moron... I like the skills he brings, but let's be honest MB drove PK out of town because of character issue... and now he would trade for Kane ? Doesn't make any sense.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Time to become a tougher team. Last night's game was promising but tweaks need to occur.

Ott was a great pick up. The 4th line should not be made up of soft, small players. Here is to a good day!

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
Kane is a good catch. He crashes the net. Not a playmake but another hard player to play against. With him we would look much more like a CJ type of team.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Evander Kane's off-ice issues don't worry me during the season. I think we have a good group of leaders to keep him away from that stuff. It's in the off-season that things are the problem when he's left to his own devices.

As for the player, I'm all for this guy coming here.

Remember a few years ago the rumor Pacioretty for Kane? Now we could possibly have them both on the roster!!!

Evander Kane would play with Galchenyuk because they do have a personal friendship and that could help with their synergy.

Cookie007

Mar 23, 2011
- Lebrun = Habs looks for size upfront
- Habs needs scoring
- Many insiders = Habs might be looking to make a hockey trade more than rentals.
- Farber said that Duchene isn't getting traded today

Evander Kane makes a lot of senses for the Habs if he's available.
Only under contract for next years which also makes senses for the Habs
Buffalo gave up Strafford + 2 prospects + 1st round pick back in the days

LOL care to not mention Tyler Myers, who was regarded as a top future defenseman back in the day.

Most likely cost us Beaulieu, McCarron, 1st round

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
So are Patrick Kanes.

Please do not compare Patrick Kane and Evander Kane... it's like comparing Patty Roy to ****ing Jocelyn Thibeault...

You accept P. Kanes's off-ice issue because he's a mega star... you trade the mofo E. Kane

Shabutie

Jul 26, 2004
Ottawa
Kane is another Kassian issue waiting to happen and is a big locker room issue.
Thank the gods your not in charge.
Except Kane isn't a reclamation project. He's a 30 goal scorer. Huge difference, but you probably don't understand that...

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I was once on the Evander Kane train but this guy just cannot stay healthy at all. I don't think he's worth the price, he's way too injury prone.

Shabutie

Jul 26, 2004
Ottawa
Please do not compare Patrick Kane and Evander Kane... it's like comparing Patty Roy to ****ing Jocelyn Thibeault...

You accept P. Kanes's off-ice issue because he's a mega star... you trade the mofo E. Kane
Not even remotely close.

E Kane scores at a 30 goal pace damn near every year. That's what we lack.

(MOD)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
- Lebrun = Habs looks for size upfront
- Habs needs scoring
- Many insiders = Habs might be looking to make a hockey trade more than rentals.
- Farber said that Duchene isn't getting traded today

Evander Kane makes a lot of senses for the Habs if he's available.
Only under contract for next years which also makes senses for the Habs
Buffalo gave up Strafford + 2 prospects + 1st round pick back in the days

I've been saying Kane for weeks now. He's exactly what we need. Simmonds lite. Big forward not afraid to go to the net and mix it up with good hands and a great shot. Having him on the 2nd line with Chucky would be lethal.

His "attitude" issues are more being a millennial and no different than Chucky or Beau. Want size and scoring up front, Kane is the guy.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Not even remotely close.

E Kane scores at a 30 goal pace damn near every year. That's what we lack.

(MOD)

A mature Evander Kane would be awesome. Habs need wingers like this.

He seems to get in trouble on occasion though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad