GDT: Trade Deadline 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
There's a strong irony in everyone calling Bergevin ''Bargain Bin'' and seeing so many posters with ridiculous proposals including our trash for bonafide players. Also calling Bergevin a moron over the net gives us a good idea about your age.

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
I take this day off work every year only to be so depressed once 3pm rolls around.
I really hope I got something to celebrate for this year.
Come on Marc get us a great deal today.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Renaud Lavoie‏ @renlavoietva 48s48 seconds ago
More
Les Hurricanes tentent de voir ce qu'ils pourraient obtenir pour Teuvo Teravainen. #lavoiedubé

Interesting.

I'd take him if the price was cheap. 0.5 PPG as a 22-year old on a not great team

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Renaud Lavoie‏ @renlavoietva 48s48 seconds ago
More
Les Hurricanes tentent de voir ce qu'ils pourraient obtenir pour Teuvo Teravainen. #lavoiedubé

Interesting.

Is TT really an option. I mean I hate to call a 22 y.o. a bust but he certainly doesn't look like the player he was projected to become and he might be moving to his 3rd team in 4 years. What does that say about him? Not what we need anyways so seems moot.

OpenIceHit

Oct 3, 2006
Toronto
Boston average is 1.13 cm more and 0.1 kg more than Montreal.

They have 1 goalie and 5 skaters 5'11 and less (3 times 5'9).

We have 4 skaters 5'11 and less ( 2 times 5'9).

Well that's after we got rid of DD and acquired, but meh :laugh:

We still had the same amount of dwarves than Boston with DD.

Haha!! I get your point but it's not only about size but more about style of play. Anyway, let's wait and see. I'm sure Claude had some comments/suggestions about his new team.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Do not insult other posters or go off on tangents about mouthing off to GMs.

Keep it civil. If not, you'll be thread-banned and miss the party.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I take this day off work every year only to be so depressed once 3pm rolls around.
I really hope I got something to celebrate for this year.
Come on Marc get us a great deal today.

Same here. It's a self-imposed holiday for me every year. In terms of TDL, it's a little underwhelming every year. But I still enjoy the fact I have the day off to sit on my ass and do nothing but be a lazy slob.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
It was at the very last minute and out of left field too. I remember being in shock and then jumping for joy.
Especially after all the speculation throughout the day and the fact the Habs were never even mentioned in rumor or contention.
It was a pretty good ending to that TDL.

Kypreos is the biggest idiot in hockey. He makes PJ Stock look brilliant.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
There's a strong irony in everyone calling Bergevin ''Bargain Bin'' and seeing so many posters with ridiculous proposals including our trash for bonafide players. Also calling Bergevin a moron over the net gives us a good idea about your age.
One group are fans and supporters speculating and knowing it's speculation, the other is a professional paid handsomely to manage this team.

There is no irony here. You should lower your expectations of the fans and maybe raise your expectations of the GM.

Folks call him bargain bin in a tongue in cheek way because he's obsessed with depth and grinders. Because he espouses tons about character and then acquires Shaw, Ott, Weber, and Radulov within 8 months of each other! It's just funny and idiosyncratic. I for one don't mean any massive insult against the guy, I don't know him. I don't like his management and think he's done a poor job - I hope for the best though and with CJ here I have faith.

We should all have faith and not turn on each other :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad