GDT: Trade Deadline 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
apparently Teravainen is on the market, the Canes want to get bigger down the middle.. MacCarron for Teravainen? Lehkonen and Teravainen reunited would be great!

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
If you say RNH is bad. You definitely only check the dtats and dont want Edmonton's games. I watched almost all EDM games in the last 3 yesrs and RNH would be our best centerman.

His 2way play is really good. Similar to Danault's. His vision/IQ is good. Not really a dangle/sniper but he is a good playmaker. Could fit very well on a line with Galchenyuk.

His stats are bad this year? Yeah. Half the season he played 3rd line C. He's playing against all the other teams best lines to shut em down.

Would I prefer Duchene? Absolutely. But Duchene means Sergachev. While RNH might means Beaulieu. Or Plekanec and a pick.

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
apparently Teravainen is on the market, the Canes want to get bigger down the middle.. MacCarron for Teravainen? Lehkonen and Teravainen reunited would be great!

Bigger down the middle - what a novel concept! Someone should explain this to MB.

puckluck33*

May 17, 2015
Montreal needs more skill and more finish upfront the easy one to get would be Vrbata...Carr and a 2nd.......then you need to make a bigger move to find either a center or another winger....Tampa is a fit with Tyler Johnson or Palat or a bigger trade for Drouin.....Might not be realistic......the best fit might be to try and get Skinner from Carolina......what would it cost....1st,McCarron,Juulsen,Lindgren.......Carolins does have bad goaltending especially Lack their back up he is atrocious.

Habset

Feb 21, 2008
Montreal
LMFAO... 30 goal scorer???
When..2012!
He hit 30 once, 5 years ago. He's not a 30 goal scorer, he's a joke.
(MOD)

Jeez man wtf a joke? He puts up close to 30 and brings a physical game, he has some off ice issues but on the ice this guy helps us win and has a lot of the skills we need in a player right now.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
A mature Evander Kane would be awesome. Habs need wingers like this.

He seems to get in trouble on occasion though.

True.

But Kane doesn't have much terms
Also true about his off-ice issues, but that will also make his price drop.
(maybe MTL scrutiny and guys like Weber can control him for 1 year)

I expect teams like Buffalo, Detroit, Colorado, New Jersey, Arizona, Dallas, Vancouver to wanna had picks and prospect at this point.

Kane is a gamble with 22 goals this year. If the price is something like a 1st/2nd and a prospect....go for it. Good gamble.

OpenIceHit

Oct 3, 2006
Toronto
The moron has had 5 years to address size and all of a sudden it's a priority?

Maybe he got told by Claude Julien. I mean, after coaching the Bruins for so many years, it must be a huge contrast to end up with so many small players.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Jeez man wtf a joke? He puts up close to 30 and brings a physical game, he has some off ice issues but on the ice this guy helps us win and has a lot of the skills we need in a player right now.

Close to 30??
2012/13; 17 goals
2013/14; 19 goals
2014/15; 10 goals
2015/16; 20 goals
2016/17; 22 goals so far

even including this season, not what I'd call close to 30.

Good rule of thumb: if you wouldnt call someone something to their face dont say it at all. Doubt you'd call MB a moron to his face.
I would.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
The moron has had 5 years to address size and all of a sudden it's a priority?

Therrien kind of always fell in love with small players like Mitchell, DD, Byron.....i don't think Julien has the same love for these type of players.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Maybe he got told by Claude Julien. I mean, after coaching the Bruins for so many years, it must be a huge contrast to end up with so many small players.

Boston average is 1.13 cm more and 0.1 kg more than Montreal.

They have 1 goalie and 5 skaters 5'11 and less (3 times 5'9).

We have 4 skaters 5'11 and less ( 2 times 5'9).

Well that's after we got rid of DD and acquired, but meh :laugh:

We still had the same amount of dwarves than Boston with DD.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
If the Isles get Duchene for anything less than a ransom I'm gonna start to turn on Marc Bergevin :sarcasm:

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Good job excluding the amount of games on those.
Did he score 30 goals in that season??
I don't care how many games he played.
Did he score 30 goals in any of those seasons??
Stop thinking how he tracked matters.
What matters is what he did and contrary to all your posts so far he has NOT scored 30 goals or near there.

Habset

Feb 21, 2008
Montreal

That's actually very likely, coaches like to have players that suit their system. Therrien was against hitting for some reason but Julien seems to encourage it and probably asked for players that can throw the body.

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
Renaud Lavoie‏ @renlavoietva 48s48 seconds ago
More
Les Hurricanes tentent de voir ce qu'ils pourraient obtenir pour Teuvo Teravainen. #lavoiedubé

Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad