Trade and Free Agent Discussion Thread - 2018/2019 Season v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaffan1991

Oct 22, 2016
Canada
I think it’s time we move on from Willy.

Toronto
Manson
Ritchie

Anaheim
Nylander

Or
Toronto
Pesce
Roy
J.Gauthier

Carolina
Nylander

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
if only Virtanen wasn't such a disappointment, Tanev +

im not one for tanev but if we could get both of Nikita Tryamkin and Olli Juolevi with tanev for nylander + something smallish add I would consider it. with Tryamkin in the Khl its kinda a wild card

otherwise it would have to be futures or young gun for young gun. tanev with out a sufficient add is just a no go

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
So Nylander for Panarin confirmed?

If we win the Cup this year, I could accept it. If we don't and he re-signs (big if), it could still work out fine. It'd be a home run swing. Don't think it's my ideal path.

Last edited:

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Theres no Nylander for Panarin deal.. is there?

This negotiation is taking way too long now though, I expected him to sign by today.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Theres no Nylander for Panarin deal.. is there?

This negotiation is taking way too long now though, I expected him to sign by today.

No. I only said that mainly as a joke but also because during the off season "insiders" were saying we might be interested in trading for Panarin for 1 year.

Reactions: Menzinger

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Trading Nylander right now is doing it from a position of weakness. If you can't get him signed long-term, sign him to a 2-4 year bridge deal, and trade him next off-season when more teams are open to making big moves and there's cost certainty at least for a few years in what they're getting.

Reactions: Menzinger

i1

Nov 10, 2011
Newfoundland
Columbus laughs at that

Other than Jones being a way better goal scorer, him and Gardiner are almost identical statistically:

Jones: 393 games played, 45 goals, 137 assists, 182 points, -18, .46 PPG
Gardiner: 490 games played, 42 goals, 174 assists, 216 points, -10, .44 PPG

I agree that Panarin wipes the floor with Nylander, but Columbus would have an opportunity to sign a pretty good young player long term. They are a small market team that stars can't seem to leave fast enough (Carter, Johanssen, Gaborik, Johnson, Panarin's ask, etc).

Leafs adding Kapanen gets it done imo

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Other than Jones being a way better goal scorer, him and Gardiner are almost identical statistically:

I agree that Panarin wipes the floor with Nylander, but Columbus would have an opportunity to sign a pretty good young player long term. They are a small market team that stars can't seem to leave fast enough (Carter, Johanssen, Gaborik, Johnson, Panarin's ask, etc).

Would you trade Rielly for Nylander + Gardiner? I wouldn't and Jones is a bit better than Rielly at this point (top 5-10 D vs a top 15-20 D)

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Wouldn't be terrible if there actually was bad blood between Willy and mgmt.
Don't buy in to this garbage. Guys like Dreger have been reporting irresponsibly for months with no factual basis. Nylander stated he hasn't even spoken to management recently.

If there's bad blood it's between Gross-Leafs brass.

Reactions: supermann_98

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
wait your saying a 8 million dollar a year winger can not land you pesce?

As good as a player as Nylander is, I'd also think Carolina would consider their other alternatives. IF acquiring a scoring winger is their objective, acquiring a UFA is another alternative. They would not lose Pesce if they went that route. And given the paucity of good young defenders with modest contracts, they could be even more reluctant to lose Pesce given how difficult it is to find a defender of his ilk.

Last edited:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Maybe we can use Nylander to get some goalie support.

William Nylander to Carolina for Justin Faulk and Curtis McElhinney.

Who says now?

:sarcasm:

Reactions: TML Dynasty

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Pesce Is very good but Nylander is in a tier above - especially considering he still has room to grow.

Agreed, but there are many paths or solutions that one could take. It isn't purely just a matter of which player has more skill. Some alternatives could increase scoring without losing Pesce - per #118.

Might be moot anyways. I can see a bridge deal being worked out. Wouldn't be too surprised if the term took WN to free agency.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Maybe we can use Nylander to get some goalie support.

William Nylander to Carolina for Justin Faulk and Curtis McElhinney.

Who says now?

:sarcasm:
Cor mate.. I love your posts, but that's just a bad deal for us.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

Statistically similar OFFENSIVELY. Jones is superior defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad