Trade and Free Agent Discussion Thread - 2018/2019 Season v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
If we want to make a trade, for a guy who could help our defensive right side, and play our style, I think we pick up the phone, and ask Detroit about Nick Jensen. He would be a great pickup, and wouldn't be as costly as some other moves. I don't know if Detroit would move him though.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Y'all already know who we SHOULD be targeting right now, real hard: Nick Ritchie from anaheim, still unsigned fool in this game. We would get a 260 time hitter, over 30 point scora and the morer it gets. He would be a real busy body for our rear ends. Hitting everythang and also standing through the ground against every other fool like Byfuglien, Lucic, Reaves and Wilson. He that bigg of a thang. Thats bigg right thurr. Y'all better recognize. He comes with a hefty price tag of 1 milj 400 thousands. That that paper right there. Pay up, get it. That would make us big and heavy hittas. Departement.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Y'all already know who we SHOULD be targeting right now, real hard: Nick Ritchie from anaheim, still unsigned fool in this game. We would get a 260 time hitter, over 30 point scora and the morer it gets. He would be a real busy body for our rear ends. Hitting everythang and also standing through the ground against every other fool like Byfuglien, Lucic, Reaves and Wilson. He that bigg of a thang. Thats bigg right thurr. Y'all better recognize. He comes with a hefty price tag of 1 milj 400 thousands. That that paper right there. Pay up, get it. That would make us big and heavy hittas. Departement.
..what

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
If we want to make a trade, for a guy who could help our defensive right side, and play our style, I think we pick up the phone, and ask Detroit about Nick Jensen. He would be a great pickup, and wouldn't be as costly as some other moves. I don't know if Detroit would move him though.

He's another bottom pairing RD. That is not the Leafs' problem. At least not right now. Ozhiganov is the guy they are going to use for the foreseeable future, until he proves he is incapable. Even then, the Leafs will probably just end up using Holl or Marincin before resorting to a trade.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
No need to change anything at the moment with our D. Let's see how Dermott-Oz pairing works out in a quarter season before jumping the gun on anything.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
This. And from the sounds of it, they have, and will continue to make, adjustments if need be

They got tons of cap space (even after Nylander signed) that they can chase a top defenseman this season if it's required.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Pesce + J Gauthier for Nylander + 2nd.

Foegele
Pesce
2nd in 19
3rd in 20

For

Nylander
Gauthier
Nielsen
4th in 19

Neither of these are close to landing Nylander.

I would love to land Pesce but I can't find a way to bridge the gap between the 2 of them, and there isn't a collection of lesser assets that lands him from Carolina either unfortunately.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

I would love to land Pesce but I can't find a way to bridge the gap between the 2 of them, and there isn't a collection of lesser assets that lands him from Carolina either unfortunately.

After watching the first line tonight I don't think we're in any position to trade Nylander at this point, he's one of the few players on this team that can cart the puck up ice for his teammates

Not may of our forwards are actually capable of that unfortunately and trading one of the few players that can is counterproductive to winning imo

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
After watching the first line tonight I don't think we're in any position to trade Nylander at this point, he's one of the few players on this team that can cart the puck up ice for his teammates

Not may of our forwards are actually capable of that unfortunately and trading one of the few players that can is counterproductive to winning imo

I think Kapanen might be worth putting in that spot beside Matthews because Ennis was bad tonight. It worked in pre-season but nothing good came with Ennis tonight. 1 game and all etc but felt Ennis being with Matthews was just a bad idea to start.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I think Kapanen might be worth putting in that spot beside Matthews because Ennis was bad tonight. It worked in pre-season but nothing good came with Ennis tonight. 1 game and all etc but felt Ennis being with Matthews was just a bad idea to start.

That line needs a puck rusher, either sign Nylander or try Kapanen
There aren't many other options if Marner is playing with Tavares

Marleau can't do it and his advanced stats for carrying the puck into the offensive zone are brutally bad and Matthews needs to be cruising into the slot getting lost rather than carrying the puck in

Matthew's needs Nylander's help 5v5

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
That line needs a puck rusher, either sign Nylander or try Kapanen
There aren't many other options if Marner is playing with Tavares

Marleau can't do it and his advanced stats for carrying the puck into the offensive zone are brutally bad and Matthews needs to be cruising into the slot getting lost rather than carrying the puck in

Matthew's needs Nylander's help 5v5

Yeah, they need each other because Nylander was kind of useless without Matthews too.

We'll see...now that Nylander is officially losing money, maybe there will be more urgency.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Yeah, they need each other because Nylander was kind of useless without Matthews too.

We'll see...now that Nylander is officially losing money, maybe there will be more urgency.

I bloody hope so, we're a much better team with him in the lineup

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I bloody hope so, we're a much better team with him in the lineup

Marleau-Matthews-Nylander
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Leivo-Kadri-Kapanen
Johnsson-Lindholm-Brown

Much better top 12. Brown doesn't deserve to be with Kadri, haven't been impressed.

Reactions: Kiwi

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Marleau-Matthews-Nylander
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Leivo-Kadri-Kapanen
Johnsson-Lindholm-Brown

Much better top 12. Brown doesn't deserve to be with Kadri, haven't been impressed.

Brown is just a guy, love the effort but that's about it unfortunately
We need to improve our puck rushing/advancing from the forward group so we should look to get one winger that's decent at it on every line like you've got above

Ennis showed his limitations tonight as well, he's definitely a #13th forward at this point

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Brown is just a guy, love the effort but that's about it unfortunately
We need to improve our puck rushing/advancing from the forward group so we should look to get one winger that's decent at it on every line like you've got above

Ennis showed his limitations tonight as well, he's definitely a #13th forward at this point

I think i'd look to move Brown at some point, hate to sound cheap but 2.1M for what he brings just doesn't seem worth it to me, especially when things will get as tight as they will.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I think i'd look to move Brown at some point, hate to sound cheap but 2.1M for what he brings just doesn't seem worth it to me, especially when things will get as tight as they will.

I'd wait until next off-season before I'd explore trade possibilities for him, I doubt he's going to be affordable when we need to re-up his contract so moving him with some term still left on his deal could help the potential return

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I'd wait until next off-season before I'd explore trade possibilities for him, I doubt he's going to be affordable when we need to re-up his contract so moving him with some term still left on his deal could help the potential return

I'm open to it from now until whenever, maybe some type of deal around him and Nick Ritchie or Lawson Crouse. Brings a new element to our team, I just don't see what Brown really *does* out there...probably good for 25-30 points though and can pk.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Yeah I haven't seen it with Brown in a while. I gave him some slack because he was with Bozak and JVR last year for a bit, but.......

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

I added Gauthier to Pesce... 6'4" RW, probably a middle six player... but he's got some size and we could use a power forward. I had also considered Jake Bean. You could make it work some how.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->