Trade and Free Agent Discussion Thread - 2018/2019 Season v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

HC7

May 2, 2018
I'll admit I've been open to trading Willy lately, but if you go back and watch him play he's a f***ing stud. I don't give a shit. Give him 7, give him 7.25, sign this f***ing kid long term and bring him home. He's going to bring the cup home with the other 2 we drafted.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
I'll admit I've been open to trading Willy lately, but if you go back and watch him play he's a ****ing stud. I don't give a ****. Give him 7, give him 7.25, sign this ****ing kid long term and bring him home. He's going to bring the cup home with the other 2 we drafted.

Good story. But if we could just give him 7 over 7 I'm sure he'd have already signed.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Good story. But if we could just give him 7 over 7 I'm sure he'd have already signed.
being totally objective, that's a 1 million a year overpayment, Dubas has to:

blue-hold-fast.jpg

Reactions: TheMadHatTrick

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I see Gardiner more personally. Moving Zaitsev just opens up another hole that is difficult to fill, and Hainsey is worth more to us than anyone else really. Plus we could use him more than we could Gardiner, since we lack quality PKer's (which also applies to Zaitsev). Dermott or Zaitsev (or the new guy) could probably replace Gardiner on the PP and everything else could be replaced by the new guy and giving the bottom pairing a little bit more ice time.

Don't see it. Dubas and Babcock both love Gardiner. If Dubas is able to move Zaitsev, to create the room to keep Gardiner, they will. I generally agree that Hainsey won't move unless a team REALLY wants him, because it's not like it really helps us cap wise anyway.

I imagine we could see something like; Nylander + Zaitsev for Pesce + TVR + + as a base of a deal. Pesce forms a true top pairing with Rielly. Hainsey moves down to help Gardiner.

I think with that base, we could probably snag ourselves Martin Necas, or a 1st rounder, or even, dare I say, both, while improving our current roster.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Don't see it. Dubas and Babcock both love Gardiner. If Dubas is able to move Zaitsev, to create the room to keep Gardiner, they will. I generally agree that Hainsey won't move unless a team REALLY wants him, because it's not like it really helps us cap wise anyway.

I imagine we could see something like; Nylander + Zaitsev for Pesce + TVR + + as a base of a deal. Pesce forms a true top pairing with Rielly. Hainsey moves down to help Gardiner.

I think with that base, we could probably snag ourselves Martin Necas, or a 1st rounder, or even, dare I say, both, while improving our current roster.

I don't think you can definitively say that. There is really no evidence I can think of that proves otherwise (or at least does not also apply to Zaitsev). However I can think of more reasons why they'd love Zaitsev far more than Gardiner, not that "love" will really impact their decision (I am sure both love Nylander too). Plus, moving Zaitsev does not create enough room to keep Gardiner anyways, as Gardiner is likely going to get an albatross contract after this year, and we can not afford paying him 6+ mill per year long term regardless of whether we have Zaitsev or not.

If you can move Gardiner, he's the choice 10/10 over Zaitsev. Zaitsev has so many more appealing features.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad