Toronto - Winnipeg Stanley Cup Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
playing it safe

Tampa - Nashville

Predators get a late PP in a tied game 7 but give up a shorthanded goal and lose the series.
This becomes their "wide right" Norwood moment and they become the NHL's version of the Buffalo Bills.

:nod:

toronto money leafs
Sep 29, 2017
Paris
Lol ^

Finished with the same amount of wins as the Leafs last season with a decimated roster in a tougher decision.

Jets would take this
But didn’t you finish with 4 more points when we tanked to get Matthews with an AHL roster and you were all out battling for a playoff spot? Fact is WPG has underperformed every single season since moving back to the Peg, the team has actually been solid for about 5 years now.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
We're going back to the same amount of wins argument? Been a while since I've seen a Jets fan try and play that card.
Leafs fans still trying to pretend that they’re team is on another level than the Jets is def my favourite hfboards meme

Last edited by a moderator:

member 262271

Would be one of the coolest things to happen in my lifetime. One can always hope.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Would get horrid viewership numbers

Nah all of finland will watch ghe series :)

It will equal the amount of americans who watches the stanley cup finals.

And toronto alone whole canada will be interested to watch them either by hate or love..

That would be an a good final but bad for us market. Bad for Bettman ? Good for canada...

Whileee

May 29, 2010
The story lines would be great.

Matthews vs Laine
Matthews vs Scheifele
Matthews vs Wheeler
Matthews vs Maurice
Matthews vs Cheveldayoff
Matthews vs Matthews
You forgot...

Matthews vs. Crosby
Matthews vs. Lemieux
Matthews vs. Gretzky
Matthews vs. Trottier
Matthews vs. Beliveau
Matthews vs. Howe

Reactions: Rubixpube

Whileee

May 29, 2010
But didn’t you finish with 4 more points when we tanked to get Matthews with an AHL roster and you were all out battling for a playoff spot? Fact is WPG has underperformed every single season since moving back to the Peg, the team has actually been solid for about 5 years now.
False.

Pavs in net.
Stuart on D.
Thorbs at forward.

Scheifele just came into his own over the past 2.5 years. Same for Trouba, Hellebuyck and Morrissey, Ehlers, etc. It was Little, Ladd and Wheeler and a bunch of misfits. They've never had the talent, depth and goaltending they have this season.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Realistically though, the Jets would most likely pound the Leafs into the next year.

MapleLeafistan

Oct 5, 2017
Victoria, BC
My thoughts on this thread.

- Poor ratings? Can't be any worse than the last two years. Leafs have the biggest fan base, and every single Canadian fan will be watching either to cheer the cup back to Canada or hate on the Leafs. Nevermind most fans of American teams dislike the Leafs and will tune in hoping to see them embarrass themselves.

- Saying they won't make the finals due to history is really dumb. Are people saying this new to hockey? Do they realize Chicago was more of a joke than the Leafs, and went from missing the playoffs to their first cup in forever over two seasons?

- Would be a very good series. Both teams have a deep and potent offense. Also have a rivalry with the fans as Winnipeggers hate the Leafs.

- R.I.P the mods on HF if this happens.

True. Most watched Winter Classic game still remains Maple Leafs vs Red Wings in 2014.

4.4 million people (2.5 rating)

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
On what planet are the Leafs one of the 3 most dangerous teams in the NHL. My god the overrating by Leafs fans is getting unbearable. How about you actually do something before you make such a claim.

Look at goals scored. Leafs lead the league. We are the biggest danger to score on you. We did actually score those goals so we can make that claim. Leafs are a good team, get over it.

We do not have to wait for your permission to say so though your self importance is impressive.

That you are upset fans of a good team think their team is good suggests Leaf fans are not the problem. Maybe unbearable better describes those that feel we need their permission to say anything positive about our team?

Now to the OP. There is no doubt this would be an exciting match up. I think both teams would just be happy to reach the final. Could go either way but I give us a slight edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad