Toronto - Winnipeg Stanley Cup Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
While I doubt either makes the SCF , what happened 2 years ago, let alone 12 years ago is completely irrelvant to the teams today.

You're right, I should have said "since the 12-13 lockout." For what it's worth, I think Toronto-Edmonton is much more likely to occur in the near future, but I don't think that has anything to do with Edmonton's SCF run in 05-06 :laugh:

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
It would likely break the record for most watched series of all time here. I'd imagine it wouldn't do so well in the States but Canada always averages more viewers especially when Canadian teams are present.

Yep. You'd get great ratings from Finland too, for what its worth.

Americans though....they'd be watching the end of the NBA Western Conference finals, and on off days, a random Marlins-Braves game on TBS.

Reactions: Raymoondo

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011
That series would be great. Mutual dislike, loads of intensity, fierce and spontaneous clashes, and people just pounding on each other, every nite. The game on the ice, would be pretty good as well.......

Reactions: SoupaTroupa

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Yep. You'd get great ratings from Finland too, for what its worth.

Americans though....they'd be watching the end of the NBA Western Conference finals, and on off days, a random Marlins-Braves game on TBS.

Though you never know there are potentially a lot of hardcore fans that would tune in. The best part about it would be that it gauarantees a Canadian Cup champ.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
I’ve maintained for years that the only time the Canadian drought will be broken is in an all Canadian final. :laugh:

Go Winnipeg Go

Reactions: Pongs21

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
It'd be exciting for Canada, the US numbers, ehhhh.

Couldn't even get through the first page of reading without the usual garbage though lol.

And it's possible, sure. Probably best to wait until they've both won a playoff series though >_>

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
My thoughts on this thread.

- Poor ratings? Can't be any worse than the last two years. Leafs have the biggest fan base, and every single Canadian fan will be watching either to cheer the cup back to Canada or hate on the Leafs. Nevermind most fans of American teams dislike the Leafs and will tune in hoping to see them embarrass themselves.

- Saying they won't make the finals due to history is really dumb. Are people saying this new to hockey? Do they realize Chicago was more of a joke than the Leafs, and went from missing the playoffs to their first cup in forever over two seasons?

- Would be a very good series. Both teams have a deep and potent offense. Also have a rivalry with the fans as Winnipeggers hate the Leafs.

- R.I.P the mods on HF if this happens.

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011
With the Finns.....you would need a special guest referee, to avoid excessive double teaming.

naruto

Nov 13, 2017
Oilers leafs would be cooler.
Two generational players going at it.

Brian McDavid

Aug 4, 2017
Oil City Roadhouse
After 34 and 55 the player quality falls off greatly. Next level the usual suspects; Marner, Nylander, Ehlers, Wheeler. Laine headlines the next tier, joining him; Jvr, Little, Bozak, Perrault. Not going to get into the bottom 4 fwds or the dmen. Easy choice: Leafs
Wheeler is in the top tier, Laine in tier 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad