Toronto - Winnipeg Stanley Cup Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Leaf fans talking about making the Playoffs last season with the luckiest possible season, anyways Jets are better today.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Lol ^

Finished with the same amount of wins as the Leafs last season with a decimated roster in a tougher decision.

Jets would take this
We're going back to the same amount of wins argument? Been a while since I've seen a Jets fan try and play that card.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Luck? Why, because they were healthy? How about all those lost points in shootouts? Yeah sure, "luck".

How about all them Overtime Losses... How about having less wins than non-playoff teams... Also why are you brushing off of the injuries off so softly, you can’t seriously tell me if the Leafs lost Nylander/Marner for 9 games and Rielly for 20 you’d make the playoffs(and we still have multiple more significant injuries)..

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
How can anyone talk about either team as a SC finalist when neither have achieved anything of note. How about people chill on the expectations, projections, etc until either team ACTUALLY wins a divisional title or god forbid a single playoff series.

Oh brother......Jets fan here.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
How about all them Overtime Losses... How about having less wins than non-playoff teams... Also why are you brushing off of the injuries off so softly, you can’t seriously tell me if the Leafs lost Nylander/Marner for 9 games and Rielly for 20 you’d make the playoffs(and we still have multiple more significant injuries)..
I think you're seriously underrating the Leafs depth. And it's hilarious that you're throwing hypotheticals at me as if that backs up your claim somehow. The Leafs were healthy last year and that's seen as a bad thing on HF. And there were stretches last year where Nylander might as well have been injured. He struggled for a long time and was on the fourth line. Absolutely useless for long stretches. You're under the illusion that absolutely everything went right last season which is total bologna. The Leafs lost Matthews for a bit this year and didn't lose a single game in his absence. I know it's hard for some of you to admit but the Leafs are a good team with plenty of depth.

Reactions: 1specter

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
How can anyone talk about either team as a SC finalist when neither have achieved anything of note. How about people chill on the expectations, projections, etc until either team ACTUALLY wins a divisional title or god forbid a single playoff series.

Oh brother......Jets fan here.
Does either fanbase actually think either makes it to the cup finals this year? I think you'd be hard pressed to find many from either fanbase. Both teams lack experience.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
I think you're seriously underrating the Leafs depth. And it's hilarious that you're throwing hypotheticals at me as if that backs up your claim somehow. The Leafs were healthy last year and that's seen as a bad thing on HF. And there were stretches last year where Nylander might as well have been injured. He struggled for a long time and was on the fourth line. Absolutely useless for long stretches. You're under the illusion that absolutely everything went right last season which is total bologna. The Leafs lost Matthews for a bit this year and didn't lose a single game in his absence. I know it's hard for some of you to admit but the Leafs are a good team with plenty of depth.

Firstly I’m talking last year, most Leaf fans would admit they would had missed the playoffs with even half the injuries the Jets had. I’m not underestimating the Leafs depth it’s more so that I’m not overrating your success as they made the playoffs by one point.

Are Injuries positive, obviously not but luck has allot to do with it.

Secondly I have no problem admitting the Leafs are a great team because they are but today the Jets are better..

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Does either fanbase actually think either makes it to the cup finals this year? I think you'd be hard pressed to find many from either fanbase. Both teams lack experience.

Exactly, not sure who OP fan of but chill out with these silly expectations about either team. Both are young inexperienced teams that are still developing and have actually achieved nothing to date. Both appear to be playoff teams this year, nothing more until they actually achieve something.

naruto

Nov 13, 2017
Yes the Jets need to be like the Leafs first....
Be a playoff team every year and win some
Rounds...... wait?

Jets need to first win a playoff game.
The best predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour..... The only thing the Jets have done is be swept

Leafs have great depth. Matthews was gone for a couple of games. Marner and Nylander haven't been producing. But yet the Leafs are ripping it up. #depth4dayzzz

Also not Leafs fault that they don't get injured that much. Laine got himself concussed. Trouba decided to throw a tantrum and act like a brat.

Reactions: libertarian

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
I think all of Canada would be happy for the Jets if they made the finals (or even did well). Of course much of Canada would be cheering hard against the Leafs. Wouldn't US TV (if it means anything) hate that matchup.
Both franchises would happy to win a round this year. To make the top 4 in their Conference might be their optimum this season.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Firstly I’m talking last year, most Leaf fans would admit they would had missed the playoffs with even half the injuries the Jets had. I’m not underestimating the Leafs depth it’s more so that I’m not overrating your success as they made the playoffs by one point.

Are Injuries positive, obviously not but luck has allot to do with it.

Secondly I have no problem admitting the Leafs are a great team because they are but today the Jets are better..

honestly most of us wish we had some injuries so kids like liljegren dermott kapanen leivo johnsson could get a chance

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
honestly most of us wish we had some injuries so kids like liljegren dermott kapanen leivo johnsson could get a chance

So is Babcock a good coach or not? I guess he doesn’t have vision for NHL ready players, also Hate to break it to ya but Liljegren wasn’t around last season..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad