Toronto Sports Media Discussion Thread - v6 (2021 Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macman

May 15, 2004
$52k a year in 2009? That's way less than I would've assumed any TV/radio personality would be making. No wonder Norm had very little saved up. :(

Private radio is notorious within media for paying most people poorly. I know of a long strike several years ago at a radio station and the strikers were in no rush to go back because their strike pay from the union was actually higher than their regular pay.

Reactions: kevsh and OddyOh

Leafs USA

Mar 27, 2021
I've done some listening to what I think are all of the current leafs podcasts. Correct me if I'm missing any. Some are radio shows.

Leafs Lunch: I can't stand Andi's personal discursions and she seems to delight in tormenting me because they are half the show. The interviews are all I can stand to listen to now, and still her suburban housewife trivial drama stories creeps into those too. She's ok when she talks hockey without the drama which is never.

Leafs Hour: I disagree with these guys on most everything. I find them adamantly on the wrong side of most issues and won't listen anymore.

The Leaf Report: Great show.

The Convo: I like it.

The Tip In: Embarassingly juvenile dumb garbage.

The Steve Dangle Podcast: pretty good.

The Left Coast Leafs Podcast: ok

MLHS Podcast: decent.

Back to Excited Podcast: not great.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
A bit off topic, but the Leafs Zoom call camera lighting and audio is the worst of the Canadian teams. I noticed when they are on the road, it's a much better setup. Found it really strange and unexpected but it's been the case all year long.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
You can set your clock to it each day: The first 10 minutes of Overdrive they gripe about how they can't play golf. When they finally can golf they'll spend that time talking about their golf game. When golf season is over they'll talk about missing golf. And when when Ferraro calls in at 5pm they talk about golf for another 10 minutes. It really is unbearable.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
You can set your clock to it each day: The first 10 minutes of Overdrive they gripe about how they can't play golf. When they finally can golf they'll spend that time talking about their golf game. When golf season is over they'll talk about missing golf. And when when Ferraro calls in at 5pm they talk about golf for another 10 minutes. It really is unbearable.
I watch Overdrive on replay and skip all the Golf talk. I will listen to the Toronto teams part and other sports for the most part but not all.

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
In the latest Odog is a moron news, claims eichel is just a guy who " skates fast and can shoot the puck." Eichels been on pace for 88 and 94 points last two seasons without much help, he can clearly do a lot more than just skate and shoot and odog has 15 centers ranked above him.
Yeah but I did think him saying a package around Byfield was a decent take.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Was just listening to Sportsnet 590 and they had Jeremy Roenick on. Two things:

1) seems like the guy has a major persecution complex
2) when asked about the leafs/Habs, he basically said the Leafs don't play any team defense. Sounds like a guy who hasnt been paying any attention for a year or so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad