Toronto Sports Media Discussion Thread - v6 (2021 Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
I have had it with the Jiffy commercials. First it was MyPillow now Jiffy. Christ, its like every three minutes Hayes needs something fixed.
Honestly it’s kinda emasculating that he claims to need to have his gutters and bbq cleaned for him

Reactions: Kurtz

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
What are people's thoughts on Down Goes Brown?

Personally, I really hate the guy. His whole career is dependent on the leafs failing and now openly roots against the team.

I remember him being really funny years ago when the Leafs sucked. I also remember the Bloge Salming YouTube channel which was also hilarious, and I'm pretty sure that was the same guy.

Haven't heard much of him since except for a podcast appearance or two.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Noodles definitely has a temper, you can hear it in his voice. Then he usually follows it up with a word salad.

That Western Canadian rage towards anything Toronto very much rises out of Noodles every so often. He'll just have to big up Winnipeg now should the Leafs move on. I wouldn't mind so much if he wasn't so ridiculously obvious about it and it tainted whatever analysis he could provide. It's one thing to not be a fan of a certain team, it's another when that bias skews how you do your job.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Noodles definitely has a temper, you can hear it in his voice. Then he usually follows it up with a word salad.

I keep thinking it and have continually mentioned it in this thread -- he looks and sounds like he is a complete d-bag even in real life.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Also this is a bit late but I decided to put on Leafs Lunch last Thursday before Leafs-Habs game 1. I don't usually listen to it but I wanted just to get some hockey talk at that time before the game. My God is Craig Button just the most obnoxious man on radio. Had it on for less than 5 minutes before giving up. For short hits he's stomachable but having to listen to him for an extended period of time would be beyond grating.

Reactions: WildWolfdog

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto
You're new to the world of advertising?

Someone must have a done a study of actual on air talk vs ad time on radio. I swear the TSN Radio spends the last 8 min of the hr on ad time not to mention the contstant barage of ads throughout the hour.

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
One of Noodles' many annoying habits is he has a tendency to not finish his sentence. Dude can be incredibly scatterbrained, it's like he finishes the thought in his head but it doesn't come out verbally. It's like he's watching the clock to see how much he can squeeze in.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Did the guys on Overdrive really try to excuse the Habs pathetic showing by saying they were too shaken up by the Tavares injury?

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
What are people's thoughts on Down Goes Brown?

Personally, I really hate the guy. His whole career is dependent on the leafs failing and now openly roots against the team.

last time I replied to one of his tweets before unfollowing I said he used to be a tortured Leafs fan now he enjoys torturing Leafs fans. No loss at all not seeing his tweets

the squared circle

Aug 3, 2005
Maple Leaf Gardens
last time I replied to one of his tweets before unfollowing I said he used to be a tortured Leafs fan now he enjoys torturing Leafs fans. No loss at all not seeing his tweets

i follow him on twitter and I must admit that I don’t see him as a non-leafs fan. Maybe I just don’t pay too much attention to the tweets. I can never understand how someone can be a fan of any team for the majority of their lives, and then switch allegiance. That makes no sense to me.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
One of Noodles' many annoying habits is he has a tendency to not finish his sentence. Dude can be incredibly scatterbrained, it's like he finishes the thought in his head but it doesn't come out verbally. It's like he's watching the clock to see how much he can squeeze in.
Noodles purposely blurts out random incoherent thoughts just to have his voice fill up as much air time as possible. Notice how often he interrupts Ferraro which is their most popular segment.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
It’s embarrassing that the Toronto market has to listen to this plug. Do nyc or LA espn radio have active haters of the local teams on air?
Im shocked tsn allows two open leaf homers like hayes and O. Usually its the jack of all trade types who have to be accommodating to all teams while the rest of the league can have homers.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
i follow him on twitter and I must admit that I don’t see him as a non-leafs fan. Maybe I just don’t pay too much attention to the tweets. I can never understand how someone can be a fan of any team for the majority of their lives, and then switch allegiance. That makes no sense to me.

I think this about is about DGB, if I'm wrong, disregard the rest.

He was on the athletic hockey podcast with Ian Mendes today. Based on that appearance, it appears that he is still a Leaf fan.

Mendes asked why the Leafs/Habs series hasn't lived up to hype entertainment wise. DGB said he was loving the series because he was watching this one from a fan perspective, and couldn't rate the entertainment level objectively and that the results have made it entertaining for him.

Reactions: the squared circle

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto
Is Craig Button Canada's Stephen A Smith?
Even though Craig only talks hockey.
Stephen A Smith's new rant about the Oilers bowing out was epic. He probably hasn't watched one game and that script was probably fed to him but its great to see nonetheless.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
According to the Toronto media the "built for the playoffs" habs are playing with house money. :laugh:

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Honestly it’s kinda emasculating that he claims to need to have his gutters and bbq cleaned for him
These media companies need to pay guys like hayes a proper living wage .. I remember Bobcat telling me one time he needed to pinch me for $5K for some adv .. when i got into it with him he said radio guys get paid next to nothing and they need to get out there and find adv companies to promote personally and through station .. it took him a long time to build a base of listeners and adv before he got paid properly .. before then he was a big time hustler .. so this way of getting paid seems to be around even today .. i am tired of it too .. i am not using jiffy because i hear a bunch of sports talk guys promoting it .. in fact it makes me much less likely to use them

McSnypsky

Jun 22, 2019
Bell media with all that tax payer money and this new TSN website is garbage!!!
giphy.gif

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Bell media with all that tax payer money and this new TSN website is garbage!!!
giphy.gif

Ha ha I was coming here to see if anyone else is enjoying the new TSN page? It is a complete mess for me on Chrome lol. Headings all over the place, random pictures of stuff.. good times.

Their current site does suck... but I don't know many sport sites with that much content that don't I guess.

McSnypsky

Jun 22, 2019
Ha ha I was coming here to see if anyone else is enjoying the new TSN page? It is a complete mess for me on Chrome lol. Headings all over the place, random pictures of stuff.. good times.

Their current site does suck... but I don't know many sport sites with that much content that don't I guess.
It looks like a really bad template that they got from WIX! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad