Toronto Sports Media Discussion Thread - v6 (2021 Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
This will be a big ratings hit for Overdrive. Ray was placed during the rush hour time slot.

The show overall has gone downhill, I mainly tune into his segments. Not much reason to now.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
This will be a big ratings hit for Overdrive. Ray was placed during the rush hour time slot.

The show overall has gone downhill, I mainly tune into his segments. Not much reason to now.

They're still the better option than Tim and Friends, in my opinion.

I honestly can't stand the Good Show, especially, JD Bunkis.

I think the Overdrive is very hockey centric and their lack of knowledge on anything except Golf and Hockey clearly shows.

Reactions: WildWolfdog

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Damn. That blows. Ray's calls are definitely the best part of the show. I hope he continues to do the Ray and Dregs podcast at least

They need to replace Noodles with Mike Johnson asap because Hayes is handcuffed when it comes to other sports.
Jamie could turn a game of checkers back to hockey. He's lost on stuff outside of hockey.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Noodles is so long-winded, just drives me nuts.
Noodles should not even be on Overdrive. I am fine with him on That’s Hockey or doing games but not on a show like the Overdrive.
Overdrive is a local show and should be a Homers show. I am sick and tired of his stuff like, now wait a second…..then explains his bias toward the Leafs.
MJ is good and he should be on the show.

forecheck

May 14, 2007
Listening to this George Rusic guy in the morning on 590 is brutal, do they not realize it's a Toronto radio station?
Rusic is the only guy telling it like it is and not drinking the Blue and White Kool Aid ... Zigomanos is out to lunch .

Reactions: Curt

Curt

Jun 28, 2018
The good show is the best show by a mile now. Can’t listen to that morning zoo radio called overdrive

Reactions: sxvnert

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
The good show is the best show by a mile now. Can’t listen to that morning zoo radio called overdrive
Agreed. Ive completely switched over to sportsnet. Lead off, good show, hockey & baseball central, at the letters, and the 590 weekends.

Will always download and listen via podcasts to skip over topics im not interested in.

With ferraro leaving overdrive theres nothing left to listen to on tsn imo.

Reactions: Curt

Punch Drunk Loov

Thought Viktor Loov was going to be a guy
Dec 6, 2011
When I listen to Overdrive I almost exclusive tune into the 22 minute section with Ray. I don't know how they replace him.

Mike Johnson should step in I suppose. Hopefully they don't try to ram in Carlo

MarMarSab3

formerly #13 & TML4EVR
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Scott MacArthur is very good sadly Zigomanis as a sidekick hurts the program, the guy is a tool

Good Show is amazing

And anything with Jeff Blair I tend to gravitate too.

Overdrive is cooked

Tim and Friends has potential

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Steve Dangle wearing a Habs jersey during his YouTube live stream. :thumbd:

I don’t begrudge Steve for still working, secure the bag and all that. Honestly it’s just more humiliation for this teams futility. The Habs flag being raised outside Toronto City Hall due to a lost net, the CN Tower lit in Habs colours, and now our Superfan having to wear their jersey. Gross.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
They're still the better option than Tim and Friends, in my opinion.

I honestly can't stand the Good Show, especially, JD Bunkis.

I think the Overdrive is very hockey centric and their lack of knowledge on anything except Golf and Hockey clearly shows.
Bunkis is hit or miss with me a lot. But its the only show I consistently listen to.

Reactions: Curt and sxvnert

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Steve Dangle wearing a Habs jersey during his YouTube live stream. :thumbd:

I don’t begrudge Steve for still working, secure the bag and all that. Honestly it’s just more humiliation for this teams futility. The Habs flag being raised outside Toronto City Hall due to a lost net, the CN Tower lit in Habs colours, and now our Superfan having to wear their jersey. Gross.
Steve Dangle is as soy as they come. Expecting a spine was silly :p He'll go whatever way the wind blows.

Folignos Helmet

Sep 4, 2020
I guess with Noodles and O going on summer holiday for a couple months, the production crew went as well.
There was a dramatic drop in quality of the Monday show in terms of sound, the transitions, etc. I listen on podcasts because I'm in a different time zone, but it seemed night and day from regular shows.

Also just Hayes and Feschuk for 3 hours is pushing the limits, they should sprinkle in a lot more guests.

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
I guess with Noodles and O going on summer holiday for a couple months, the production crew went as well.
There was a dramatic drop in quality of the Monday show in terms of sound, the transitions, etc. I listen on podcasts because I'm in a different time zone, but it seemed night and day from regular shows.

Also just Hayes and Feschuk for 3 hours is pushing the limits, they should sprinkle in a lot more guests.
Oof. Hayes and Feschuk for 3 hours is not a good combo. Feschuk is way too serious, in my opinion. Hayes is a bit like a chameleon.....he takes on the personality traits of whoever he is with. He can become super serious when the other guys aren't there and when he's paired with another serious guy. I know that this appeals to some fans, but most Overdrive listeners like the fun banter component as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad