Toronto Sports Media Discussion Thread - v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Bit of a random question, but anyone who has Telus Optik TV, do they carry NBC to watch the NHL restart? I know they have the NBC channel but they aren't showing the games there. Is there another NBC channel that is showing it?
NBCSports. But they may also show early round games on USA network or CNBC.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Anyone here have Bell for TV and watch the games in 4k?

I signed up for the "good package"... but the "better package" includes TSN4k and TSN24k.

Should I upgrade to the better package at least for the playoffs so I can watch the games that TSN broadcasts in 4k?

Are any of the SportsNet games or CBC games in 4k? And do I get them in 4k with just the good package?

I haven't had cable in years... just been streaming games at 720p60... but I have a 4k TV now, and I would love to watch playoff hockey in 4k. Are all playoff games going to be broadcast in 4k?

There won’t be any TSN games all Sportsnet and NBCSN,
Sportsnet has 2 4K channels on Bell, and there is usually a hockey game on one and maybe baseball or basketball on the other. They have 4K games every day. TSN 4K is a better picture than the Sportsnet ones.
TSN only uses there 4K channels a few times a week.

Even though other shows might not be in 4K, my tv up scales the HD feed. Maybe becomes the equivalent of 2k, not sure.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Thanks. Do you know which channel number it's on?

When asking channel number you need to mention your provider, as there are several options.
Canada doesn’t get NBCSN, but they do show weekend games on NBC in the afternoon.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
There won’t be any TSN games all Sportsnet and NBCSN,
Sportsnet has 2 4K channels on Bell, and there is usually a hockey game on one and maybe baseball or basketball on the other. They have 4K games every day. TSN 4K is a better picture than the Sportsnet ones.
TSN only uses there 4K channels a few times a week.

Even though other shows might not be in 4K, my tv up scales the HD feed. Maybe becomes the equivalent of 2k, not sure.
thanks for that. i didn't realize that TSN wasn't getting any Leaf games for the playoffs.

DaWatcher

Jul 21, 2020
I hate Sportsnet so I will be watching the opposing team's feed. Every other team is allowed to have their homers commentate on games, why can't we get Harry Neale and Joe Bowen back? Take me back to the early 2000s baby.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
It’ll be on NBC

There will also be a local Columbus broadcast. In the US, the local broadcasters can do their own broadcasts of everything before the round of 8 (traditional second round). This year, the local announcers will be calling the games off a monitor.

Reactions: Nineteen67

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
I honestly don’t understand the surprised reaction of Leafs fans to the news that Hughson would be calling the Eastern hub games. That is the number one assignment and Hughson is the number one announcer. There was no indication when Cuthbert was hired that he would be supplanting Hughson as the number one announcer. That was just wishful thinking on the part of Leafs fans.

Reactions: hoglund

SlpLessInMuskoka18

Aug 13, 2018
One of you highlight guru's should do up mike johnson a highlight reel if they can. Seems rattled he can't show his kids anything from his career.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
I tried to listen to TSN 1050 today in the car, but it sounded like a different channel. No sports content. I flipped back and forth with other channels, but never heard sports content on it. They were doing movie reviews and a long RAV4 infomercial.

Did something change?

EDIT: I checked online now and it's sports.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Wow Elliot Friedman looks like Joe Thornton with that beard.
wyUufGZ.jpg

Reactions: hoglund

ihadtochangethename

Sep 1, 2012
USA
i dont have a problem with how he handled it, and to make this a media vs player because player handled response poorly thing imo adds insult to injury and im a Jets fan. Worst thing he could do is apologize tomorrow. You cant violate someone the way simmons did matthews and he had absolutely no reason to except for a scoop, it was entirely morally unethical if not technically so.

Just in case it gets lost that he went on to answer his question.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad