Toronto Sports Media Discussion Thread - v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Dubas and Babcock are fundamentally at odds with each other. You either replace Dubas with a GM that is in line with Babcock's coaching style or replace Babcock with a coach more in line with Dubas and his organizational philosophies.
Exactly.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
EJ2rnPLXYAAKQ2Z

:laugh:

That take by Poulin wasnt even 24 hours old

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I think Andi is one of the most underrated hockey analysts in the game.

It would be difficult to be as bad as i think she is so chances are i underrate her

Still its hard to take her serious when she believes callups from the ahl make all the guys 'sniffing around' worried whats he doing here?

Also not sure how much time true hockey people spend daydreaming about the order of the cuphandoff from bettman to reilly to marleau so mauleau is able to get it from a teammate instead of from bettman

I mean even if you do spend time worrying about marleau getting the cup... dont have a segment about it on your hockey show in october

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Not much mention for thats hockey as a show here... i was working evenings the past 10 years and really only watched it a handful of times each year

Im getting to watch it nightly this season

For anyone wanting a 1/2 hour brushup of whats going on in hockey around canada i cant think of a better place to get it

Alot of other toronto area shows might be struggling this year but thats hockey is top form

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
EJ2rnPLXYAAKQ2Z

:laugh:

That take by Poulin wasnt even 24 hours old
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills listening to some of the media after the Babcock firing. Kristen Shilton saying that Dubas has not made the roster better since taking over for Lou. Like what are you on. All the talk before the season started was how great this roster looked on paper. Since being the GM Dubas has added Muzzin, Barrie, JOHN TAVARES and has gotten rid of several dead weight contracts. What did Lou do for the roster when he was in charge? Over pay bottom of the line up players and give out some of the worst contracts in the NHL to Marleau and Zaitsev.

Then she brings up the point that should Dubas be building his team for Babcock? Hell no. It is way easier for the coach to adapt to the players that he has been given, rather than trying to over turn a roster to exactly suit what the coach wants. Not to mention the fact that Dubas never hired Babcock. Babcock was never his guy, and was never going to be his guy so why would be change his entire philosophy for him whether it would be right or wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I may regret saying this, but I'm starting to like Burke in the media, at least lately... His stories are interesting.
He's always been entertaining, some people just couldn't get by his bluster.
I think he's hilarious, love to have a couple pints with him.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
Why don't they give mics to the people asking questions at some press conferences, talking about Keefe's presser today.

It would help to hear the question being asked to give context to the answer.

Reactions: Welsh Maple Leaf

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Can tsn ship Dreger to BC tv. That jackass is so annoying everytime he opens his hole.

Reactions: WWB

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills listening to some of the media after the Babcock firing. Kristen Shilton saying that Dubas has not made the roster better since taking over for Lou. Like what are you on. All the talk before the season started was how great this roster looked on paper. Since being the GM Dubas has added Muzzin, Barrie, JOHN TAVARES and has gotten rid of several dead weight contracts. What did Lou do for the roster when he was in charge? Over pay bottom of the line up players and give out some of the worst contracts in the NHL to Marleau and Zaitsev.

Then she brings up the point that should Dubas be building his team for Babcock? Hell no. It is way easier for the coach to adapt to the players that he has been given, rather than trying to over turn a roster to exactly suit what the coach wants. Not to mention the fact that Dubas never hired Babcock. Babcock was never his guy, and was never going to be his guy so why would be change his entire philosophy for him whether it would be right or wrong.
She's not that intelligent, it's quite obvious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad