Toronto Sports Media Discussion Thread - v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbr2

Lockout Beard
Mar 12, 2008
NJ
I don´t mind Andi. But, I find her voice bothersome.

I´m not sure Odog is gone. But, I did find it odd that when signing off Hayes never mentioned his usual ¨O, will be back tomorrow.¨ So, I suppose time will tell.

Reactions: stickty111

RadekBong

Sep 27, 2009
Toronto, Canada
O'Neill was a bit of a pill this week but he's still funny most of the time. Carlo is easily the worst of the "rising star" former players at TSN.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Scottie Mac, the conversation was about his courting of the Monster, and he mentions his negotiations with Brad Richards and how the IDIOT Steve Simmons ripped him for not signing what ended up becoming one of the worst deals in history.
Thanks.
I remember Burke said in his after firing presser to Simmons "the good thing about this day is I don't have to deal with you anymore."

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
Thanks.
I remember Burke said in his after firing presser to Simmons "the good thing about this day is I don't have to deal with you anymore."
Hmm.
I think Simmons is not confused and the teams he covers are not confused that Simmons is not a fanboy.

Competitive marketplace, 2 sports networks with their own radio networks,

Some reporter's job is to promote the upcoming game and keep a positive vibe for the golden goose that keeps the enterprise afloat: The Toronto Maple Leafs. " Gee, you guys are so great, What is it that keeps you all so watchable, entertaining, and awesome?" "I greatly appreciate your time and for giving me these Bull Durham answers. "

Simmons does not play that game and does not need to provide a reason to tune in tomorrow for 'round the clock Leafs coverage.
So he is going to be an ass. And that is ok.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Would Overdrive be a better show if it were Hayes, Siegel and Johnson?

I propose yes.

The former player who thinks they know better than everybody else cause they #playeddagame is played out and boring.

Noodles is actually better than Odog, simply because he can make a cogent, articulate point even I don't agree with his positions. Odog just shouts and pouts and offers nothing but 'THEY NEED TO HIT MORE!' in his analysis. It's tiresome.

But after so many years... they both just recycle the same framing and positions on every issue. Noodles takes the 'anti hot-take guy' stance so far as to refuse to criticize ANY player without a laundry list a caveats, while Odog just does a bad Don Cherry impression with some funny jargon.

At least Siegel and Johnson would bring more intelligence and a new vibe to a show that was once very entertaining but has now just gotten unbelievably stale.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Looks the Leafs will have Hughson calling our games. Cuthbert is sent out west.

f***in' Rogers...

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Anyone here have Bell for TV and watch the games in 4k?

I signed up for the "good package"... but the "better package" includes TSN4k and TSN24k.

Should I upgrade to the better package at least for the playoffs so I can watch the games that TSN broadcasts in 4k?

Are any of the SportsNet games or CBC games in 4k? And do I get them in 4k with just the good package?

I haven't had cable in years... just been streaming games at 720p60... but I have a 4k TV now, and I would love to watch playoff hockey in 4k. Are all playoff games going to be broadcast in 4k?

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Anyone here have Bell for TV and watch the games in 4k?

I signed up for the "good package"... but the "better package" includes TSN4k and TSN24k.

Should I upgrade to the better package at least for the playoffs so I can watch the games that TSN broadcasts in 4k?

Are any of the SportsNet games or CBC games in 4k? And do I get them in 4k with just the good package?

I haven't had cable in years... just been streaming games at 720p60... but I have a 4k TV now, and I would love to watch playoff hockey in 4k. Are all playoff games going to be broadcast in 4k?
Don't know the answer to your questions but if you do go ahead and get it make sure your tv is compatible with what they provide. Not all 4k tv's will be.

Reactions: PuckMagi

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Bit of a random question, but anyone who has Telus Optik TV, do they carry NBC to watch the NHL restart? I know they have the NBC channel but they aren't showing the games there. Is there another NBC channel that is showing it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->