Toronto Sports Media Discussion Thread - v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Is there anything about Dreger that comes off as genuine? Dude is such a fraud pulling out the Gord Miller special “well an NHL GM told me this.” No one has been trying harder from TSN to trade Nylander over the years than Dreger. Then he sits there agreeing with MJ, spineless.

Andi was noticeably triggered, that was beautiful to see. I’m a bit surprised TSN uploaded this clip.
Don't forget that during the whole Marner contract situation last summer he was the only one from TSN that always updated it with the most recent news.

Also and please correct me if I'm wrong wasn't it Elliotte Friedman who broke the news about Marner re-signing and it made Dreger angry that he wasn't first since he was the one who covered it the most.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
If you listen off the browser overdrive page it’s uploaded almost instantly, like 5 minutes after the hour ends at most . It can take a bit longer on Spotify though.
Apples podcast app is usually about 5-10 mins behind. Being on the left coast I generally just download and treat it as my drive home listening

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
One more thing I remember about Dreger. I happen to be looking at Twitter when news of the Tyson Barrie for Nazem Kadri had just broke and Dreger was the first insider to tweet about it. However for some reason he first mention about the Leafs trading for Alex Kerfoot and with more news about to break. I thought to myself why not lead with Barrie or Kadri who were the two main players involved.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
One more thing I remember about Dreger. I happen to be looking at Twitter when news of the Tyson Barrie for Nazem Kadri had just broke and Dreger was the first insider to tweet about it. However for some reason he first mention about the Leafs trading for Alex Kerfoot and with more news about to break. I thought to myself why not lead with Barrie or Kadri who were the two main players involved.

Yeah, I remember seeing that and thinking, why would the Leafs trade for Kerfoot?

It was a coincidental timing for the trade though for me.

I was with my family at the time and mentioned to my brother in law that I thought Kadri might get traded over that off-season, and lo and behold, an hour later he was traded.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Yeah, I remember seeing that and thinking, why would the Leafs trade for Kerfoot?

It was a coincidental timing for the trade though for me.

I was with my family at the time and mentioned to my brother in law that I thought Kadri might get traded over that off-season, and lo and behold, an hour later he was traded.
After seeing that right away I went to look up what position Kerfoot played and when I saw he was a Centre, I said to myself they must have traded and seconds later is when Dreger tweeted about Barrie being traded for him.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Don't forget that during the whole Marner contract situation last summer he was the only one from TSN that always updated it with the most recent news.

Also and please correct me if I'm wrong wasn't it Elliotte Friedman who broke the news about Marner re-signing and it made Dreger angry that he wasn't first since he was the one who covered it the most.
Your right Elliotte broke the news first. I didn't know Dreger got upset over it.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Dreger is so arrogant and also really touchy. Remember Dregerface? That was one of the funniest things to hit social media and he was trying to laugh along but you could tell he wasn't pleased to be a meme.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Dreger is so arrogant and also really touchy. Remember Dregerface? That was one of the funniest things to hit social media and he was trying to laugh along but you could tell he wasn't pleased to be a meme.
I guess it goes back to losing his connection to inside information from the Leafs after Dave Nonis got fired, since they are both second cousins.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
So yesterday in the intermission O Dog was saying that with Nylander leaning on the net tilting it forward he, he helped Sandin's shot go in.

I don't think lowering the crossbar helps, am I wrong?

But that insinuation bothered me. Nylander was pushed into the net. If anything a goal could have been called back because the net was off.
what's with O-Dog underhanded anti-leaf remarks. :thumbd:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
So yesterday in the intermission O Dog was saying that with Nylander leaning on the net tilting it forward he, he helped Sandin's shot go in.

But that insinuation bothered me. Nylander was pushed into the net. If anything a goal could have been called back because the net was off.
Was a strange comment for sure but it didn't come off as anti-Leaf to me.
***Kerfoot was great on that play.

Reactions: Seath The Scaleless

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario

Maybe he remembered that Auston Matthews goal against the Flyers from last season that got waived off because Brian Elliot pushed the net up and the post came out of the mooring.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Hayes narrative on Liljegren got ruined in a span of a couple weeks. Bob was on Overdrive today, and Hayes brought up the 3 prospects Bob said was untouchable.
You could tell by Hayes's tone he was surprised Lilly was in that list.
Bob said if one of the players is Kapanen or Johnsson, thats a significant package. Those are good players. There will be other pieces but they won't be Sandin, Liljegren or Robertson.
Hayes asked is it because those players will be cheap, and Bob said yes, but also when the Leafs look into the defense next season, they have Sandin and Lilly being full time NHLers.

Hayes surprised said, really? Then added Sandin for sure, but Lilj, and before Hayes could finish saying Lilly's name. Bob said " the funny thing was over the course of this season, organizationally it would be fair to say Leafs thought Liljegren was better then Sandin in the AHL. Now of course Sandin did well in the World Juniors, and got the quick call up, and has played really well here. I think the upside is higher for Sandin. By all accounts though, Liljegren has played really well with the Marlies. In terms of the pecking order, he was kind of perceived to be maybe ahead of Sandin, but they brought Sandin up because they needed a left shot D.

Reactions: Walshy7
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad