Toronto Sports Media Discussion Thread - v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
I just listened to overdrive where MJ gave his Super Bowl Pick.... 31-21 KC..... Real score 31-20 KC

off by 1 point. He deserves some props for that

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
How many people are fans of the TSN morning show with Landsberg and Colaiacovo? I didn't seem to mind it at first when Colaiacovo was starting out. He seemed humble at first. There are so many things about the show now that bug me. First off, I find Landsberg insufferable. His constant praising of Carlo needs to stop. Colaiacovo was not Bobby Orr although Landsberg wants us to believe he was. In fact, Carlo loves to toot his own horn every chance he gets. There are way too many commercials on this show. I have had it with Landsberg talking about 5 hour energy all the time and expecting us to believe he does not get paid for it. I prefer Overdrive for sure. At least they talk about hockey most of the time and not where Landsberg is going for his next speech or where Colaiacovo went to school. I have now decided to switch to Sirius NHL in the morning. Any thoughts?
Terrible show for the most part. Landsberg and Andy (Leafs lunch) for the same for me they were okay at first but now I find them so annoying to listen to.

Carlo is just a huge homer

Welsh Maple Leaf

Jan 9, 2017
What podcast shall I be listening too?

I listen to Overdrive which I love and leafs lunch which is pretty crap. Anything better out there (leafs related).

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
What podcast shall I be listening too?

I listen to Overdrive which I love and leafs lunch which is pretty crap. Anything better out there (leafs related).
And the doldrums are starting . . . . Now!
We got 2 sports radio stations and 2 competing sports TV networks.
It's February.
The players give Bull Durham answers.
There's a game today.
So the networks want you to watch or listen to them, whatever the case may be, and the day turns into a massive pre-game show, with massive problems:1, everything that can be said has been said, 2, you are your record, we have a sample size. 3, Players say nothing. 4 It's February . We are at the danger part of the season as the Leafs traditionally lose interest,. That is the big challenge

Will Leafs Lunch tackle the Doldrums issue? It's the biggest news story is there is no news.
|
So of course sports radio sucks now,.

AreBe

Apr 1, 2013
What are those horrific Ron MacLean voice- over oppenings and the start of HNIC called? They are so terrible they could be amazing, like Amanda McKittrick Ros "She wrote poetry and a number of novels. Her works were not read widely, and her eccentric, over-written, "purple" circumlocutory writing is alleged by some critics to be some of the worst prose and poetry ever written....
Her novel Delina Delaney begins:
Have you ever visited that portion of Erin's plot that offers its sympathetic soil for the minute survey and scrutinous examination of those in political power, whose decision has wisely been the means before now of converting the stern and prejudiced, and reaching the hand of slight aid to share its strength in augmenting its agricultural richness?​
The Oxford literary group the Inklings, which included C. S. Lewis and J. R. R. Tolkien, held competitions to see who could read Ros' work aloud for the longest length of time without laughing.[7]
Northrop Frye said of Ros' novels that they use "rhetorical material without being able to absorb or assimilate it: the result is pathological, a kind of literary diabetes".[11]
" Amanda McKittrick Ros - Wikipedia

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Today on Tim and Sid, Sid was acting like an irrational Leaf's fan. I used to like that show, not so much now.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Today on Tim and Sid, Sid was acting like an irrational Leaf's fan. I used to like that show, not so much now.
Even non leafs were like wtf.

He is the fatter balder uglier shittier version of a Steven A. wannabe.

AreBe

Apr 1, 2013
Newsflash: Tim and Sid are just a pregame pregame show. Be sure to watch.

Zizzzzy

Dec 6, 2017

I really started noticing last year how he had moved into the role of the guy that gives sounds bites for the non leaf fans that harp at Leafsnet.

Zizzzzy

Dec 6, 2017
Every time I hear her do the Frank Leo ads I feel like ripping my ears off.

Did you know that when she needed to sell her house she called Frank Leo? Frank and his award winning team will sell your house by an agreed upon date, or he will buy it to flip for prof......to help you out.

Reactions: Ratboy

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
On Overdrive they were taking about if Eichel could ask for a trade. Jamie says if it's the same situation a year from now. Hayes says whats the difference a year from today. Jamie says they have some pieces there. He really does believe that. Jeff says back "you have been saying that for 3 years".

That put a smile to my face.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
On Overdrive they were taking about if Eichel could ask for a trade. Jamie says if it's the same situation a year from now. Hayes says whats the difference a year make. Jamie says they have some pieces there. He really does believe that. Jeff says back "you have been saying that for 3 years".

That put a smile to my face.
It's too bad they don't take the HFBoards approach and say how long until he signs with Boston, the way non Leafs fans talk about Matthews signing with Arizona.

rielledup

Sep 17, 2015
Really annoying how much people who are paid to talk about hockey don't pay attention to stats. It's like people arent even aware that Ovie used to put up 30 more points than he does now and think he's just as good as he's ever been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad