Toronto Sports Media Discussion Thread - v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myopic

Feb 26, 2017
You should be so lucky in Toronto.

In Calgary we are stuck with one sports channel that features hockey talk 24x7x365. They have never talked basketball and rarely talk baseball. They might spend 20 minutes a week on football.

Their morning show features a sarcastic guy named "Boomer" (so original, and he insists on calling himself Boomer) and a boring co-host ---> ex NHL d-man Corey Sarich. Boomer is in love with hockey players and can't get enough of their inside stories. He's a shameless groupie...lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Seath The Scaleless

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
You should be so lucky in Toronto.

In Calgary we are stuck with one sports channel that features hockey talk 24x7x365. They have never talked basketball and rarely talk baseball. They might spend 20 minutes a week on football.

Their morning show features a sarcastic guy named "Boomer" (so original, and he insists on calling himself Boomer) and a boring co-host ---> ex NHL d-man Corey Sarich. Boomer is in love with hockey players and can't get enough of their inside stories. He's a shameless groupie...lol
Vancouver radio isn’t much better. When I’m out and about I just live-streams the Toronto stations or have a podcast lined up

Myopic

Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver radio isn’t much better. When I’m out and about I just live-streams the Toronto stations or have a podcast lined up
I usually catch some of the Overdrive show on my PC and rely on Sirius XM for the other sports. I love the NFL channel,NBA and baseball. I also catch Mike Valente's replay show on a DET station.

Reactions: Seath The Scaleless

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015

It was a very good segment and he literally broke down on pretty much all the stuff people been saying about the players.
One thing he mentioned and hinted but didn’t go into details, as long as this core win a round or even two, they will be like Legends just as Dougie, Wendal and others. Not sure was he dissing us fans base for treating players like legends while didn’t even make it to the SC finals or just our fans low expectations. Or that’s just a general comment, but I find that interesting.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
It was a very good segment and he literally broke down on pretty much all the stuff people been saying about the players.
One thing he mentioned and hinted but didn’t go into details, as long as this core win a round or even two, they will be like Legends just as Dougie, Wendal and others. Not sure was he dissing us fans base for treating players like legends while didn’t even make it to the SC finals or just our fans low expectations. Or that’s just a general comment, but I find that interesting.
Maybe his reasoning is since Toronto hasn't won a playoff series in 2004 it would go along way.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
Mike Johnson hitting the nail on the head once again. Hilarious to see Dreger agreeing to it all while 2 years ago he was saying the leafs would need to move Nylander if they got Vesey.

Omg it is hilarious watching Mike shut down Andi and her negative comments.

Is there anything about Dreger that comes off as genuine? Dude is such a fraud pulling out the Gord Miller special “well an NHL GM told me this.” No one has been trying harder from TSN to trade Nylander over the years than Dreger. Then he sits there agreeing with MJ, spineless.

Andi was noticeably triggered, that was beautiful to see. I’m a bit surprised TSN uploaded this clip.

Reactions: stickty111

18leafsfan18

Jul 28, 2012
Ontario
I usually catch some of the Overdrive show on my PC and rely on Sirius XM for the other sports. I love the NFL channel,NBA and baseball. I also catch Mike Valente's replay show on a DET station.

Nice thing about Overdrive (for me) is they podcast all of their shows. Makes it very easy to listen on phone (in car etc).

Only downside is your listening a day late.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
If you listen off the browser overdrive page it’s uploaded almost instantly, like 5 minutes after the hour ends at most . It can take a bit longer on Spotify though.

I presume he doesnt want to stream and would rather download via wifi. Thats what I do despite being being up five minutes after the segment in the podcatcher I use.

Reactions: 18leafsfan18

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
How many people are fans of the TSN morning show with Landsberg and Colaiacovo? I didn't seem to mind it at first when Colaiacovo was starting out. He seemed humble at first. There are so many things about the show now that bug me. First off, I find Landsberg insufferable. His constant praising of Carlo needs to stop. Colaiacovo was not Bobby Orr although Landsberg wants us to believe he was. In fact, Carlo loves to toot his own horn every chance he gets. There are way too many commercials on this show. I have had it with Landsberg talking about 5 hour energy all the time and expecting us to believe he does not get paid for it. I prefer Overdrive for sure. At least they talk about hockey most of the time and not where Landsberg is going for his next speech or where Colaiacovo went to school. I have now decided to switch to Sirius NHL in the morning. Any thoughts?
Who hosts Sirius NHL in morning? I will try it out on Monday. Carlo is Carlo. He is a good Toronto guy. I can't stand Landsburg either. He knows all the punch lines but he could be talking sports or physics. He would learn to mouth all the physics lines quickly. But smart guy nonetheless.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
This morning was particularly hard listening to both shows talk about the only reason Willie got his award was because of the Toronto media and that he didn't deserve it, yet all you hear from the Toronto media is that Willie didnt deserve it. Something not adding up here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad