OT: Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Talk

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
So from what I understand with the tiebreaker rule (just read an article on it), if the Jays win tomorrow and are tied with the Yankees, Sox, or Mariners (in the WC spot) or all of them, they have a 1 game playoff because the WC game to decide the two WC teams?

Is that correct, so if they are tied with at least the Yankees or Sox tomorrow they play game 163 + WC game if they win 163, unless there is a three way tie in which case they play hame 163 and 164 + WC?
There are many scenarios on the table if the Mariners hold on to win tonight.

Two teams tied for the first WC spot will be boring. They will assign home field advantage to one of the teams and proceed as usual.

Two teams tied for the second WC spot means, as you say, a play-in game to the WC game. (For what it is worth, this is the most statistically likely outcome out of all that would require a tie-break)

Three teams tied for the second WC spot is even more fun, as there would be two play-in games to the WC game. Two of the teams would play each other, then the winner would face the third team.

Four teams tied for the first WC spot is actually slightly less fun than the above, as each of the two WC teams would be determined by a single play-in game.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
It's at this time when we take a moment to cringe at some of the stupid, senseless losses this team piled up earlier in the season. What a difference one game would've made.

Reactions: Darth Vladar

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Jays bats seems like they're ready to get the job done. Exactly what's needed to give Ryu a bit of room on the mound, so if he does blow up the bullpen can get in.

Just reallllly need the Rays or Nats to do something here...

Reactions: Darth Vladar

Darth Vladar

Sep 10, 2021
simpsons-excellent.gif

Reactions: Zirakzigil

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Unbelievable that Ryu went ahead and got a K and a grounder after taking a liner to the knee. Thought for sure he'd be out of the game.

Reactions: Zirakzigil

Darth Vladar

Sep 10, 2021
I'm keeping tabs on the other scores with the gameday graphic on mlb.com, where it shows the guy at the plate, where each pitch goes, etc. I didn't realize it actually takes into account the player's height and skin tone, I dunno why but it made me laugh way harder than it should've lmao

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
I think they're putting in Pearson to go multiple innings to get guys some rest for tomorrow, but I feel like they could've just done that with Merryweather

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
The Nats have successfully choked away their big lead. Tough spot to be relying on the bullpen of a losing team at this point, so it is what it is.

Darth Vladar

Sep 10, 2021
The Nats have successfully choked away their big lead. Tough spot to be relying on the bullpen of a losing team at this point, so it is what it is.

The Nats made it through the inning tied, Rays and Yanks still 0-0. Jays need a miracle here.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: