OT: Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Talk

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Jays.jpg

NEWS UPDATE 5/24:

The Blue Jays will recall Alek Manoah for Wednesday's start against the Yankees, per Ken Rosenthal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
They have no pitching

it’s going to be more frustrating than being an Oilers fan right now

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
They have no pitching

it’s going to be more frustrating than being an Oilers fan right now

Injuries have destroyed the pen, and the starting rotation was always sus after the ace.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Injuries have destroyed the pen, and the starting rotation was always sus after the ace.
Their bullpen reminds me of Treliving signing Simon, Nordstrom and Leivo and expect it to work.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Vladdy hit #16 in the top of the 3rd with Bo on base, to put the Jays up 2-0.

Yanks changed pitchers for the top of the 4th, Kluber only gave up 2 but had issues finding the zone. Not sure of something else is going on.

As I type this, Lourdes goes deep to make it 3-0

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Through 5, Matz has allowed 3 hits, 0 runs and 9 strikeouts. He has thrown 80 pitches, so he might be able to get us into the 7th

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Jays have been playing killer teams thus far and had a tough schedule to open the year. I wouldn't worry about their record just yet. They need better pitching though. Guys like Chatwood aren't getting it done.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Jays have been playing killer teams thus far and had a tough schedule to open the year. I wouldn't worry about their record just yet. They need better pitching though. Guys like Chatwood aren't getting it done.
Chatwood has had like 1 bad outing all year, seems like an odd guy to single out.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Matz allowed a 4th hit in the 6th but escaped unscathed. At 94 pitches, it's a coin toss if he'll come out for the 7th.

edit: no activity in the pen, so he will be coming back out for the 7th

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Chatwood has had like 1 bad outing all year, seems like an odd guy to single out.

They are relying too much on their pen was my point. Committee pitching is fine for a stop gap, but they either need Pearson to blow the doors down and/or get another workhorse to eat innings besides Ryu.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
They are relying too much on their pen was my point. Committee pitching is fine for a stop gap, but they either need Pearson to blow the doors down and/or get another workhorse to eat innings besides Ryu.
You literally said guys like him aren't getting it done. Chatwood has been getting it done. He was the wrong guy to single out.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
You literally said guys like him aren't getting it done. Chatwood has been getting it done. He was the wrong guy to single out.

I don't like his delivery. I don't trust him when he takes the mound. Know a little about what I'm talking about here. Just because he had a couple games where he looked ok, doesn't mean he's good overall btw. Baseball breeds consistency and I don't see him keeping up with it.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I don't like his delivery. I don't trust him when he takes the mound. Know a little about what I'm talking about here. Just because he had a couple games where he looked ok, doesn't mean he's good overall btw. Baseball breeds consistency and I don't see him keeping up with it.
I don't care what you like, what you like is irrelevant. You tried making a point (that I actually agree with), but then you followed it up by singling out 1 of the Jays 2 best relievers so far this year. I'm not saying he'll pitch like he has all year, but singling him out when he's been good does nothing but undermine your point.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I don't care what you like, what you like is irrelevant. You tried making a point (that I actually agree with), but then you followed it up by singling out 1 of the Jays 2 best relievers so far this year. I'm not saying he'll pitch like he has all year, but singling him out when he's been good does nothing but undermine your point.

Alright guy, watch him cough up more games going forward and prove me right. (they just put him in btw). He has good stuff. He just has no control.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Alright guy, watch him cough up more games going forward and prove me right. (they just put him in btw). He has good stuff. He just has no control.

Walks the first guy.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Ok, but in reality Chatwood and Romano are the two guys who can be relied upon. I do like some of the other arms, but all of them pretty much are in over their heads in the roles they need to fill.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I never once said he would keep it up, in fact, I outright stated he might not. But shitting on a guy that has actually played well makes no sense, maybe wait until he actually starts playing poorly or a consistent basis.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I never once said he would keep it up, in fact, I outright stated he might not. But shitting on a guy that has actually played well makes no sense, maybe wait until he actually starts playing poorly or a consistent basis.

It's a long season. You need a reliable pen to win. You must know that if you watch Baseball.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad