OT: Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Talk

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Disappointing loss. We need some help these next couple games. We have to face Gerrit Cole and we are sending out Berrios. Let's see if trading Austin Martin pays off.
Were still quite a ways off of seeing if trading Martin is paying off or not.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
If Berrios can go out and get the W. It will make that trade look a lot better.
True, but honestly given Stripling's performance down the stretch, and how lights out Berrios has been recently, I think the trade is already looking damn solid since it's giving us a chance to have meaningful games with 5 left.

Reactions: Deen

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
You need at least one win against the Yanks. 2 puts on the pressure.

It’s nice we’re still in it, I just wish we had a better lead :laugh:.

Sucks we don’t have more wins with the run differential we have.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Berrios was on fire tonight until he hit a wall. Nice to see the bats wake up and crush Cole. Hopefully Ray nails down the Cy tomorrow.

Reactions: Deen

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Berrios was on fire tonight until he hit a wall. Nice to see the bats wake up and crush Cole. Hopefully Ray nails down the Cy tomorrow.
This is as must win as it gets. Hope they rise to the occasion.

Also, if Vlad the Lad doesn't return soon, we don't have much of a chance anyway. We need him to be back on track for the play in games.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Darth Vladar

Sep 10, 2021
I crave the 4-way tie version of this. I embrace the chaos.

Jays sweep the O's.
Sox lose one of these last two.
Rays sweep the Yanks.
Mariners win these last two.

I tried to understand how it would work if multiple teams were tied, and it just gave me a headache lmao at least if the Sox lose one, preferably tonight, then it takes a bit of the pressure off. Then again, maybe it's better for the Jays to play under a bit more pressure. I haven't watched a ballgame in years, but the Red Sox game starts in 15 minutes, might have to peep that.

Darth Vladar

Sep 10, 2021
The Nats have runners on 1st and 2nd with one out, down 1-0 in the bottom of the 8th vs. the Red Sox, for those not watching. Edit: Bases loaded, still only one out.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
So from what I understand with the tiebreaker rule (just read an article on it), if the Jays win tomorrow and are tied with the Yankees, Sox, or Mariners (in the WC spot) or all of them, they have a 1 game playoff because the WC game to decide the two WC teams?

Is that correct, so if they are tied with at least the Yankees or Sox tomorrow they play game 163 + WC game if they win 163, unless there is a three way tie in which case they play hame 163 and 164 + WC?

Darth Vladar

Sep 10, 2021
So from what I understand with the tiebreaker rule (just read an article on it), if the Jays win tomorrow and are tied with the Yankees, Sox, or Mariners (in the WC spot) or all of them, they have a 1 game playoff because the WC game to decide the two WC teams?

Is that correct, so if they are tied with at least the Yankees or Sox tomorrow they play game 163 + WC game if they win 163, unless there is a three way tie in which case they play hame 163 and 164 + WC?

It's a moot point if either the Yanks or Sox don't lose AND if the Jays don't win. Let's cross that bridge when we get there lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad