OT: Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Talk

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Gausman is a really solid signing. Rotation looks really, really good.

The salaries in baseball are just out of this world. Scherzer getting 40 mil per season. Semien seven years at 25 per; glad the Jays stayed away.

I think Jays grab another relief arm and a solid bat and call it an off-season.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I love the Gausman signing too. I think it’s excellent and they didn’t break the bank. The Jays starting 4 maybe isn’t the best in the majors, but it is probably top 10.

Hopefully they can snag another INF, this is an exciting team.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Gausman is a good signing, similar pitcher to Ray. I really think the guys are going to miss Semien. He was the perfect locker room guy for a young team.

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
Liking the Kikuchi addition. Highest fastball velocity by a lefty last season, + his Ks/9 were pretty good.

Must say that now with the additions they've made with Gausman+ make me happier.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Imagine this opening night lineup even just 3 years ago

Springer
Bichette
Guerrero Jr.
Hernandez
Chapman
Gurriel Jr.
Kirk/Jansen
Grichuk
Biggio/Espinal

Gausman/Berrios

Just insane depth. Of course Ramirez would make it so much better but Manoah and Moreno is an insane package to give up, and getting elite 3B defense with even average 3rd baseman quality batting still makes that lineup daunting. The "easy" outs in Biggio and Espinal are still going to rack up pitches.

Also seems pertinent (as people are posting all over the place) that the Jays starting pitchers (incl. Kikuchi) induced the most groundballs to 3rd base all of last year. Just seems good to consider in terms of the value Chapman can add defensively, even if Espinal wasn't a slouch over there. Very excited for the season

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
Imagine this opening night lineup even just 3 years ago

Springer
Bichette
Guerrero Jr.
Hernandez
Chapman
Gurriel Jr.
Kirk/Jansen
Grichuk
Biggio/Espinal

Gausman/Berrios

Just insane depth. Of course Ramirez would make it so much better but Manoah and Moreno is an insane package to give up, and getting elite 3B defense with even average 3rd baseman quality batting still makes that lineup daunting. The "easy" outs in Biggio and Espinal are still going to rack up pitches.

Also seems pertinent (as people are posting all over the place) that the Jays starting pitchers (incl. Kikuchi) induced the most groundballs to 3rd base all of last year. Just seems good to consider in terms of the value Chapman can add defensively, even if Espinal wasn't a slouch over there. Very excited for the season
Orelvis at third and Moreno behind the dish once Chapman is gone in two years. If they can extend Vlad and Bo we'll be perennial contenders for the next decade.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Greg Bird, if healthy for once, strikes me as a guy who could be a major boon for the Jays.

If memory serves, he was once a big prospect for NYY; insane the amount of time the guy's missed with injuries over his career.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00