Player Discussion Torey Krug IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred McCarthy

Dec 26, 2018
It me ..Gritty!
Lot of food for thought here..I actually think both sides of the coin are right in their own way . It's a good problem ... a win win sort of thing and if it's one thing I trust , after these past few seasons, are decisions being made by this organization.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Lot of food for thought here..I actually think both sides of the coin are right in their own way . It's a good problem ... a win win sort of thing and if it's one thing I trust , after these past few seasons, are decisions being made by this organization.

I'm not necessarily advocating for re-signing Krug, it depends on price. If you can get him for under 6 per, then you do it. Otherwise let him walk.

I'm just saying it makes no sense for the team to deal Krug just because he's an upcoming FA. That's bass ackwards and isnt something a team that considers itself a contender does

Reactions: Fred McCarthy

Fred McCarthy

Dec 26, 2018
It me ..Gritty!
I'm not necessarily advocating for re-signing Krug, it depends on price. If you can get him for under 6 per, then you do it. Otherwise let him walk.

I'm just saying it makes no sense for the team to deal Krug just because he's an upcoming FA. That's bass ackwards and isnt something a team that considers itself a contender does
I'm not saying it either , for you're exact reasoning ...all I'm saying is whatever happens with Krug , I'm not worried at all . The club won't do anything unless they know the problem is covered . I'm pretty upbeat overall , how we've come through some of these injury problems since Cassidy has taken over is inspiring to me .

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
Matt Grzelcyk and Torey Krug have a lot in common, handedness, same team, both have numbers in the 40s. But on ice play is not even f***ing close, Grzelyck is not bringing what Krug brings to the table.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Matt Grzelcyk and Torey Krug have a lot in common, handedness, same team, both have numbers in the 40s. But on ice play is not even ****ing close, Grzelyck is not bringing what Krug brings to the table.

Gryz is infinitely better than krug defensively, it’s just krug is infinitely better offensively. They play two very contrasting style of games.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Gryz is infinitely better than krug defensively, it’s just krug is infinitely better offensively. They play two very contrasting style of games.

and Gryz has the same fatal flaw that Krug does, its just that people dont complain as loudly about it.

Gryz, like Krug, is too small. He gets pushed around and shoved off the play just as much in the defensive zone and is too small to clear people out of the danger areas

Reactions: Oates2Neely and BMC

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
and Gryz has the same fatal flaw that Krug does, its just that people dont complain as loudly about it.

Gryz, like Krug, is too small. He gets pushed around and shoved off the play just as much in the defensive zone and is too small to clear people out of the danger areas

This is my biggest problem with Krug. Guy has guts but he's just not big/strong enough & frankly IMO not interested enough to play defense. Why he and/or his coaches thought he'd be better on d than on the wing when he was coming up in the game is a head scratcher for me. Gryz is much better defensively but suffers from the same lack of size/strength.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

The biggest difference is gryz has outstanding defensive position and is a better skater than krug. Not saying krug is a bad skater, but gryz is noticeably better in that area. Krug is also rather poor with his defensive positioning.

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
Can someone please explain to me how exactly the Bruins would replace Krug's +50pts per season?

I'll be waiting
Depends on what you get for him in return. If you get no player in return, then maybe you get only 10 points or so more from other Dmen who step into his role. Maybe.

If you get a scoring winger in return, well then, the hope is you'd get a ton of points there. And, you'd have a better chance of getting somewhere in the playoffs in that you'd be a harder team to defend. We're still pretty much a one line team at the moment.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I can count on one hand how many dmen in the nhl today make the pass Krug did to pastrnak.

That was a really, really cool play. And I really don’t want to take away from it.

But given your post, I do just have to point out that Krug ices the puck a ton attempting all different variations of the long pass, many of which have no chance of connecting in the first place.

Not saying what he did today was not extremely well executed, and very creative, but that part of his game causes plenty of problems. He favors the stretch pass way, way too much at times.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
People list the name of LHD and how they may replace Krug.

Gryz, Moore, Vaak, Moore, Zboril. Imo they're competing for the other 2 LHD slots post Chara. None bring what Krug does. He has his negatives, but his positives far outweigh them in my mind. Krug is an elite offensive D.

Fred McCarthy

Dec 26, 2018
It me ..Gritty!
Krug came in pretty handy yesterday , made a few nice defensive plays also . I'd be disappointed if he was to leave , but if that's what the brass decides then that's the way it goes ..

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
These no trade contracts are ridiculous
If the Bruins feel they will not be able to afford a new deal for Krug or any of these no trade contracts and then the player will not wave the no trade what do you do with these guys?
You end up with a Tavares situation where they screw their team.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If the Bruins feel they will not be able to afford a new deal for Krug or any of these no trade contracts and then the player will not wave the no trade what do you do with these guys?

Well the NTC or limited NTC are things the team trade off in order to keep the salary down to some degree. While Krug has some limits now on where he can be traded, his clause is not "screw"ing the team. Rather it is protecting the player from being forced to live someplace he doesn't want to be.

Good grief if the Bruins wanted to trade Krug they could, they are just limited in the places they could trade him, which might mean they couldn't get a specific player they might otherwise be able to, but they would absolutely be able to find a dance partner and make a trade. The Bruins are not going to trade Krug, not because he has an NTC, but rather because they feel he is a core player who they have chosen to build around.

And the Islanders didn't get "screw"ed by Tavares. Maybe they would have been better off trading him. I guess in retrospect there is no doubt they should have, but there was no situation where they could have traded him, and were blocked by NTC. Rather their Ownership made it clear they wanted to keep Tavares, because they believed they could resign him, and they also believed they could compete in the playoffs with him on the roster.

Reactions: 17of26

17of26

Sep 9, 2008

You do realize that the team has to agree to put the NTC in the contract, right?

How exactly did Tavares "screw" the Islanders? The Islanders could have traded him but chose not to.

False Start

May 8, 2018
Not very often a player like this comes from Undrafted Free Agency. The team got him for free basically.

Guy has been a great Bruin that's for sure.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Food for thought: Krug is on pace for 71 points right now. If we had a similarly aged forward who was to hit 71 points what would you be willing to pay him? Is Krug worth that? More? Or less?

bolt thrower

No war!
Aug 26, 2006
Krug is a keeper. He may sucks defensively from time to time but his hockey iq is great and he makes this team better.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
You do realize that the team has to agree to put the NTC in the contract, right?

How exactly did Tavares "screw" the Islanders? The Islanders could have traded him but chose not to.
Tavares let the islanders believe they could resign him when he knew he was heading to the Leafs. He took less money but knew the endorsements were worth more.
If he said I am not resigning here they most likely would have moved him.
Hope I answered your question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad