Player Discussion Torey Krug IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Got to love Beast Mode Krug. Just an amazing postseason for him, and he was all over the place tonight. Kid is playing like a legit top pairing defenseman this postseason. And just so much character and leadership

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
His defensive play this playoffs completely erases his subpar defense last playoffs. Krug constantly works on his game and conditioning, so I'm sure he did all he could to be a lot better this season. He's a total gamer.

Not sure what the Bs plans are in relation to re-signing Krug, but I definitely hope something can be worked out to keep him here. I'm hoping he will give a discount similar to the top 3 forwards. He is a part of the core now, so maybe he will put a premium on sticking with his boys over going for top dollar somewhere else.

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal
Yeah there's no way he's leaving this team.

You build around McAvoy, Krug, Carlo, Gryz, and Clifton once Chara retires.
I was on the trading krug wagon but not after this playoffs. As long as he doesn’t cost two arms and two legs to re sign, you just plug Vaak in chara’s spot and keep rolling.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Not sure what the Bs plans are in relation to re-signing Krug, but I definitely hope something can be worked out to keep him here. I'm hoping he will give a discount similar to the top 3 forwards. He is a part of the core now, so maybe he will put a premium on sticking with his boys over going for top dollar somewhere else.

not sure you're getting a discount on krug. would be nice, but i don't think it'll be so easy to sign him.
JMO.

Reactions: BruinDust

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
not sure you're getting a discount on krug. would be nice, but i don't think it'll be so easy to sign him.
JMO.

based on what exactly?

his expressed desire to cash in? oops, that doesnt exist
his claims of being a #1 and needing to be paid? also never happened
his selfish attitude and me first presence in the locker room? oh wait, he's a leader and A wearer

he's probably near the top of the list of guys that'll take a pay cut to stay here where he loves it and to help out the team.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
based on what exactly?

his expressed desire to cash in? oops, that doesnt exist
his claims of being a #1 and needing to be paid? also never happened
his selfish attitude and me first presence in the locker room? oh wait, he's a leader and A wearer

he's probably near the top of the list of guys that'll take a pay cut to stay here where he loves it and to help out the team.

i said JMO. we'll see how it goes.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I 100% was wrong in thinking that they can’t win a cup with Krug and Grizz playing top 4/5 roles.

They’ve clearly proven that it’s possible.

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
If Torey Krug was 6'3" he'd be the best defenseman in the NHL and it's not even close. The fact he is 5'Hobbit and was still one of the best defenseman on the ice is unreal. I was always leery of him in the defensive end, but this playoffs he's turned his defense up 10 notches. Good for him,

Reactions: missingchicklet

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
JMO.

He's getting paid. We are talking about a D-man whose statistically in the Top 5 offensively in the league this past season. In today's marketplace I can see a team giving him more than any Bruin is currently being paid. I can see a team offering him 7.5-8 million per with the term being around 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->