Player Discussion Torey Krug IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Who is a valid comparison to Krug right now?

27 years old, puck moving dman, 55 points average, great on PP.

Is Oliver Ekman-Larsson a good comparison? OEL is 6’2” but is he a defensive dynamo? He’s 27 also, and just got paid 8m long term.

What would Krug realistically make right now on open market if he were a UFA?

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I'd say hes like T.Barrie.

Hed easily get 7million on open market, IMO.
Absolutely no question he would easily get $7 mil. Carlson just signed a deal until he's 35 yrs old for $8 mil cap hit per. And that was supposedly a "team friendly" deal. That is for a guy who has broken 40 points only twice in his career (2/8 full seasons). Krug has done that all but one full year of his career (4/5 seasons-- 39 pts in his "bad" season). Also, Krug doesn't have Ovi, one of the most lethal PP scorers in history, on his PP. Both players bring it offensively in the post season. Carlson had a superb playoffs on both ends this year, but he's nothing special defensively most of the time. He also is not as good as Krug at moving the puck, and is not as good a puck handler as Krug. Some, not all, people here severely underrate Krug. I don't think folks quite understand the consequences of taking him off this team without adequately replacing him.

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
He's going to get traded. Maybe not today or tomorrow, but when he leaves this team, everyone will miss what he brought. He's a unique player and not easily replaced. Trading him hurts us more than helps us.

Everyone has a job on this roster, he's made it very clear what his job is. The effort he puts into every shift should be enough to show why he should be a part of this team for a long time.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
He's going to get traded. Maybe not today or tomorrow, but when he leaves this team, everyone will miss what he brought. He's a unique player and not easily replaced. Trading him hurts us more than helps us.

Everyone has a job on this roster, he's made it very clear what his job is. The effort he puts into every shift should be enough to show why he should be a part of this team for a long time.

I`m on the record as a fan who would/is exceptionally skeptical and somewhat frightened about losing TK. The only thing that would ease my mind would be a return who is a bonafide, still in his prime D-man and/or top 6 forward but I`m not sure that deal is out there

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
If Krug were 3 inches taller, we arent having these conversations.

the same people that talk down how good he is and want him gone would be saying he's as good as Karlsson instead.

I’d be saying it if he could shut down the red line like Grzyleck does. Seems to be lost that Neely noted Krug’s speed as well as looking for size at LD.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
I hope Sweeney doesn't follow the horrible advice on these forums and keeps Krug.

My only question is what are you willing to pay him in his next contract and what is another team willing to pay him as a UFA ? I am not saying he needs to be moved today, but from a cap management perspective . I feel he needs to be moved before his contract ends

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
My only question is what are you willing to pay him in his next contract and what is another team willing to pay him as a UFA ? I am not saying he needs to be moved today, but from a cap management perspective . I feel he needs to be moved before his contract ends

Well if he's contract expires, it's not a cap issue then is it? Why do they have to move him before that?

Just more cap mis-management from the capologists of HF Boards.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

I say why the rush? I get what your saying in that if you don`t have plans on re-signing him, moving him for assets is the way to go however, that time isn`t now. So much can happen between now and then. If you have time, use it

Reactions: bme44

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Well if he's contract expires, it's not a cap issue then is it? Why do they have to move him before that?

Just more cap mis-management from the capologists of HF Boards.

Letting his contract expire and letting him sign elsewhere would be team mis-management IMO. Krug is an asset that you should not loose for nothing

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Letting his contract expire and letting him sign elsewhere would be team mis-management IMO. Krug is an asset that you should not loose for nothing

OK so call it asset management then.

For me it depends on where the Bruins are at next year. Teams allow very good, but non-core players, walk as UFAs all the time. It happens. I'm fine keeping around any UFA and letting him walk if that potential UFA helps the Bruins win playoff games.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

and last time I checked Krug has TWO years left on his deal, not just one.

This is a decision you dont make until next offseason when he's in the final year of his deal.

Reactions: BadBruins

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012

Totally wrong. We have to use our assets to raise our probability of winning a Cup next 2-3 years before our stars are too old. This window is Krug's 2 year contract. Why subtract? He can only go in a trade for a superior player.

We traded a first for 3 months of Thomas Kaberle playing on our 3rd PP and QBing the power play. He underwhelmed but he was filling a gaping black hole on the team and it was a needed good trade we won it all.

Get someone better defensively for the second pairing and then put Krug in the Kaberle 3rd pairing role/PP QB and our D looks very good. Hopefully Moore can be that guy with Carlo. Both are big and are great skaters.

Last edited:

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
OK so call it asset management then.

For me it depends on where the Bruins are at next year. Teams allow very good, but non-core players, walk as UFAs all the time. It happens. I'm fine keeping around any UFA and letting him walk if that potential UFA helps the Bruins win playoff games.

I do not think we disagree. I am simply saying I suspect he will not be resigning In Boston when his contract expires . I think other teams will offer him more as a UFA. From a team management stand point if the right deal presents it's self you trade Krug. To me that is team management

Reactions: BruinDust

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Totally wrong. We have to use our assets to raise our probability of winning a Cup next 2-3 years before our stars are too old. This window is Krug's 2 year contract. Why subtract? He can only go in a trade for a superior player.

We traded a first for 3 months of Thomas Kaberle playing on our 3rd PP and QBing the power play. He underwhelmed but he was filling a gaping black hole on the team and it was a needed good trade we won it all.

Get someone better defensively for the second pairing and then put Krug in the Kaberle 3rd pairing role/PP QB and our D looks very good. Hopefully Moore can be that guy with Carlo. Both are big and are great skaters.

Our opinions may differ, but that does not make one of us Totally right, and one of us Totally wrong

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Who is a valid comparison to Krug right now?

27 years old, puck moving dman, 55 points average, great on PP.

Is Oliver Ekman-Larsson a good comparison? OEL is 6’2” but is he a defensive dynamo? He’s 27 also, and just got paid 8m long term.

What would Krug realistically make right now on open market if he were a UFA?
Different scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad