Confirmed with Link: [TOR/COL] Nazem Kadri, Calle Rosen for Tyson Barrie (50% retain), Alex Kerfoot trade (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Watching the Leafs game; Tavares is a freakin' beaut. no wonder Dubas said good-bye to Kadri (without retaining salary) and threw in Rosen for Kerfoot and Barrie.

From what I've seen Tavares>>Kadri

From organizational pov Dubas' move is a win for the Leafs; Sakic's moves are a fail IMO

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Not really, it would have been Gardiner. He waited for us too. Better than Barrie overall but many will disagree on that. Barrie is a good player, the trade was fine. If by some crazy chance this team has a big slump, I hope we sell like crazy. That may mean Marner too.

Wow, really
You really think Gardiner is better then Barrie overall? WOW
Barrie is def better then Gardiner offensively, why he will get a contract leafs cant compete with....and defensively not sure on Barrie yet as people suggest he isnt great but Leafsnation well knows how aweful gards is defensively, specially in game 7's Haha
But I'll respect ur opinion.

And the way marner is playing well have to retain 50% of his contract to trade

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
Not really, it would have been Gardiner. He waited for us too. Better than Barrie overall but many will disagree on that. Barrie is a good player, the trade was fine. If by some crazy chance this team has a big slump, I hope we sell like crazy. That may mean Marner too.
lol

Maybe "replace" many with "all"

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
How the hell is this supposed to make sense?
Colorado dealt from a position of strength to address a position of weakness and Leafs did the exact vice versa. Makar > Barrie has nothing to do with the trade that was made. I'm no Dubas fan, you just really failed with this post.

either you are a dubas fan or you don't get context

Sakic filled a need for his team that is locked in AND had already a better prospect to replace the D-man he gave up that was a pending UFA anyway. Sakic has two players locked in at a solid cap hit Kadri with his ridiculously good cap hit and Makar is on his ELC

I could spell it out how Dubas is a fail but come on now....

2 pending UFA d-men; down 2 first round picks (marleau, muzzin); i could repeat what others have already repeated

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

Sakic filled a need for his team that is locked in AND had already a better prospect to replace the D-man he gave up that was a pending UFA anyway. Sakic has two players locked in at a solid cap hit Kadri with his ridiculously good cap hit and Makar is on his ELC

2 pending UFA d-men; down 2 first round picks (marleau, muzzin); i could repeat what others have already repeated

The Avs had Makar anyway. Has nothing to do with the trade. (Which Avs fans aren’t that impressed by it seems).

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017

How many points do you think Kadri needs to score this year to justify calling his $4.5mil a ridiculously good cap hit? And just for curiosity's sake, how well will Kerfoot have to do in comparison, in your mind, to make his cap hit 'ridiculously good'?

crickets.

Last edited:

unitedstars87

Jun 2, 2006
Kerfoot is the Jake Gardiner of forwards except not as skilled. You want an egregious giveaway, at an in opportune time? Kerfoot is your guy. An ill timed penalty 200 feet away from your net? Kerfoot will provide that. I’m sure his underlying numbers are great, though. Probably why so many defend him on here.

He is such a bad player. Brian Boyle would be much better for what the Leafs need.
I’m 99% sure this isn’t the real Dave Poulin

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

How many more points are you expecting Kadri to have over Kerfoot?

I mean aside.m from the fact the Leafs having Barrie for a caphit under 3 mil, Kerfoot alone looks to be the better end of deal so far lol

Reactions: Boutette

Koolboss

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
How many points do you think Kadri needs to score this year to justify calling his $4.5mil a ridiculously good cap hit? And just for curiosity's sake, how well will Kerfoot have to do in comparison, in your mind, to make his cap hit 'ridiculously good'?
For beginner, Kerfoot can start wining some face offs.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
The Avs had Makar anyway. Has nothing to do with the trade. (Which Avs fans aren’t that impressed by it seems).

I'm good with calling it a great hockey trade. You guys got what you needed and so did we. A lot of Avs fans had a difficult time letting Barrie go because he was a fan favorite. But that doesn't mean it was a bad trade. As an Avs fan I'm thrilled with the trade. I'm still shocked Dubas traded Rosen. He's only in the AHL because he was waiver exempt. Kid should be playing in the NHL. And I'm pleased that TML fans are happy with Kerfoot. However, if you think Avs fans are disappointed in the trade then you're very much in error.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I'm good with calling it a great hockey trade. You guys got what you needed and so did we. A lot of Avs fans had a difficult time letting Barrie go because he was a fan favorite. But that doesn't mean it was a bad trade. As an Avs fan I'm thrilled with the trade. I'm still shocked Dubas traded Rosen. He's only in the AHL because he was waiver exempt. Kid should be playing in the NHL. And I'm pleased that TML fans are happy with Kerfoot. However, if you think Avs fans are disappointed in the trade then you're very much in error.

:thumbu::thumbu:

The best kind of trade is when both teams win!

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
go back a couple page and look at the Dubas cult bashing kadri

That's all they do, appeal to authority. It's like having a conversation with MLSE employee's on the clock around here half the time. I am sure some element of that is true too. My Kadri take is simple, he had to go and it was not for lack of love of the player or lack of skill. He went because of the butchered defense and Dubas trying to stretch a buck, the trade was ultimately fine but that grit is a tough loss. That being said, you punch the guys face, you don't slam it like he did. Dumb move.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
He looks good. It’s so laughable that people here try to believe Kerfoot is somehow better overall.
I do think Kerfoot is better fit for our third line though 100%. He’s quick and efficient and his iq seems decent.
It’s like we can’t just accept we got a big D add and a manageable downgrade at C for Kadri. Now Kadri wasn’t being fully utilized here as 3rd C which helps make sense of the trade, Kerfoot fine in the 3 hole. To say Kerfoot is as good as Kadri is absurd.

I’ve liked Kerfoot so far, but I also think his wingers are absolutely driving that line.

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
It’s like we can’t just accept we got a big D add and a manageable downgrade at C for Kadri. Now Kadri wasn’t being fully utilized here as 3rd C which helps make sense of the trade, Kerfoot fine in the 3 hole. To say Kerfoot is as good as Kadri is absurd.

I’ve liked Kerfoot so far, but I also think his wingers are absolutely driving that line.
Yup. Fully agree with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad