Confirmed with Link: [TOR/COL] Nazem Kadri, Calle Rosen for Tyson Barrie (50% retain), Alex Kerfoot trade (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Yup. Fully agree with this.

It’s like we can’t just accept we got a big D add and a manageable downgrade at C for Kadri. Now Kadri wasn’t being fully utilized here as 3rd C which helps make sense of the trade, Kerfoot fine in the 3 hole. To say Kerfoot is as good as Kadri is absurd.

I’ve liked Kerfoot so far, but I also think his wingers are absolutely driving that line.

The deal was fine, especially if Barrie signs here fore a reasonable hit. Good player.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
It’s like we can’t just accept we got a big D add and a manageable downgrade at C for Kadri. Now Kadri wasn’t being fully utilized here as 3rd C which helps make sense of the trade, Kerfoot fine in the 3 hole. To say Kerfoot is as good as Kadri is absurd.

I’ve liked Kerfoot so far, but I also think his wingers are absolutely driving that line.

Moore and Mikheyev are playing on a different level than Kerfoot on that line for sure

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Kerfoot has 57% CF% with 56% dzone starts.

I've always been a fan of Kadri but some folks here are really sleeping on Kerfoot's effectiveness. The suggestion hes being carried by his wingers doesnt stand up to much scrutiny (people are confusing exciting playing style with impact). He doesnt make highlightreel plays, but he could end up being one of the top defensive forwards on the team by years end.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
He'll probably win the cup this year. Everyone who is anyone here leaves and wins a cup it seems.
Kind of like whoever have Taylor Hall, the team chances of getting the 1st overall pick just jumps from okay to really really good.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Kerfoot has 57% CF% with 56% dzone starts.

I've always been a fan of Kadri but some folks here are really sleeping on Kerfoot's effectiveness. The suggestion hes being carried by his wingers doesnt stand up to much scrutiny. He doesnt make highlightreel plays, but he could end up being one ofnthe top defensive forwards on the team by years end.
Saying Kerfoot is somehow a level below his wingers is doing him a massive disservice for sure. Kerfoot's already been one of the best defensive players on the team I'd say, and he really frees up Moore and Mikheyev to take chances

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Kadri is gone, even if he turns into someone who wins the MVP for the next 5 yrs, he is not coming back. having Barrie for 1 yr and Kerfoot under contract for 3 yrs cheaper than Kadri is a great deal for the Leafs.
It was a good deal for both teams.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Saying Kerfoot is somehow a level below his wingers is doing him a massive disservice for sure. Kerfoot's already been one of the best defensive players on the team I'd say, and he really frees up Moore and Mikheyev to take chances

The wingers play with a more frantic playing style - and I think it makes them seem like they're doing more than they are. Kerfoots playing style is calmer but hes always making smart plays.

Imo any concerns that he couldn't play centre should be washed away now

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
$5M-$6M for Barrie? Good luck with that.

I did say a deal. Everything really depends on how he is this year. I mean, if on this team he isn't very good defensively and pulls up 45pts only, people will question the 8m ask price.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
I did say a deal. Everything really depends on how he is this year. I mean, if on this team he isn't very good defensively and pulls up 45pts only, people will question the 8m ask price.
I think he’s getting at least $8M.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I think he’s getting at least $8M.

Wasn’t his rumoured ask 8?

Toronto would be the only team that could give 8 years.....

Josi (taxes) and Petro are supposedly being offered 8.25ish.

From a person who watches Barrie more than us.....
Where do you rank him as a ufa D?

I was hoping for 7.5ish x 8. Which would be about 60 million. A team would have. To offer 8.5 to beat that....

How much of a step down is Barrie compared to Josi and Petro?

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
Wasn’t his rumoured ask 8?

Toronto would be the only team that could give 8 years.....

Josi (taxes) and Petro are supposedly being offered 8.25ish.

From a person who watches Barrie more than us.....
Where do you rank him as a ufa D?

I was hoping for 7.5ish x 8. Which would be about 60 million. A team would have. To offer 8.5 to beat that....

How much of a step down is Barrie compared to Josi and Petro?
Those guys are definitely better than Barrie. If you guys can get him at under $8M, that’s a good deal, in my opinion.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Those guys are definitely better than Barrie. If you guys can get him at under $8M, that’s a good deal, in my opinion.
It’s going to be an interesting story, because at the moment his defensive acumen suggests he’s no where near that cap hit. As a matter of fact, one could make a very compelling argument that Muzzin is more valuable to this team, should be the sign priority....with of course the big AGE caveat that everyone will point out with Muzz.

54thecup

keep on rockin the free world!
Aug 3, 2017
Muskoka

This will be an interesting year for UFA D like Petro, Barrie, Krug, Schultz, Brodie, etc.

For me, I want to see way more of Barrie before giving a commitment.

Boston has shown no love for Krug despite his pleas for a new deal. Looks like a good example of how to hard bargain imo.

Speaking of stabbing your Stanley Cup winning captain in the back, look at how Petro is being squeezed by St. Louis!

With this and the uncertainty due the upcoming expansion draft, I wouldn't be committing anyone yet, there are value D to be acquired for next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille