Confirmed with Link: [TOR/COL] Nazem Kadri, Calle Rosen for Tyson Barrie (50% retain), Alex Kerfoot trade (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
In reference to Ceci and my comments from a few threads ago.

Or has he been playing on a disastrous team that unofficially tanked 2 years ago and officially tank 1 year ago?

He is the player I'm most interested in seeing this year, more so than Barrie.

I don't have high expectations for Barrie, and no expectations for Ceci.

Ceci might surprise in a pleasant way, Barrie is probably just going to be Barrie.

Rielly got sliced and diced last night, so it was a team wide failure, highlighted by poor plays in the defensive zone.

Andersen's record doesn't look good against Tampa, best to avoid them in the playoffs.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
People DO realize Kadri has 3 games and no points? Meanwhile Barrie has several good games and 4 points in 5 games.

Do we remember last year? Kadri was useless for us most of the year. He sucked on the PP and sucked most of the year. He was useless in the playoffs. He scored 44 points for us.

Meanwhile for 1M cheaper, we have Kerfoot who has fit into the third line amazingly and is pacing for 50 points. He has replaced Kadri completely AND we got a top of the line D in return.

In no way can someone spin this trade as a failure. If Kadri had another year for us as he did last year, his trade value tanks. Dubas sold on him high while he had back to back 30 goal seasons and the excuse of being bumped down the lineup.

Now we see with the Avs, Kadri in a top 6 role has been just as useless as he was last year. I love the guy, but it was time to move on, and the trade was amazing.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
People DO realize Kadri has 3 games and no points? Meanwhile Barrie has several good games and 4 points in 5 games.

Do we remember last year? Kadri was useless for us most of the year. He sucked on the PP and sucked most of the year. He was useless in the playoffs. He scored 44 points for us.

Meanwhile for 1M cheaper, we have Kerfoot who has fit into the third line amazingly and is pacing for 50 points. He has replaced Kadri completely AND we got a top of the line D in return.

In no way can someone spin this trade as a failure. If Kadri had another year for us as he did last year, his trade value tanks. Dubas sold on him high while he had back to back 30 goal seasons and the excuse of being bumped down the lineup.

Now we see with the Avs, Kadri in a top 6 role has been just as useless as he was last year. I love the guy, but it was time to move on, and the trade was amazing.

Barrie is Barrie, I don't think anything changes there.

Kadri for Kerfoot is fine with me, maybe Avs win in the short term, but at end of contract what are Kadri's wheels going to be? Kerfoot could be a long term pick-up, and re-sign a reasonable deal if things go well. I think getting a player entering his prime is better than one exiting.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

Watch a game bud. I’ve watched every leafs game and Kerfoot and Barrie look great. Barrie looks like himself and Kerfoot looks better than I’ve ever seen. Be proud that your team has improved all you want but to say Kadri has been useless is just plain ignorant. He’s flipping the play around every single shift. A monster in the D zone. Even last night against Boston Bednar tried the Mackinnon line against the Bergeron line and Mackinnon’s line got exposed early. He adjusted and put Kadri out there and there was no more damage against while allowing Mackinnon and company to dominate against secondary competition.

Toronto got the best player in the trade hands down. It’s never been debated by even the most homeristic Avs fans. We’ve told you what you have and a lot of us have even become Leafs fans because of TB. However it’s awfully ignorant to come on here calling Kadri useless based on the impact he’s had. The Avs are 3-0 and Kadri’s impact on the game has been a very important part of that.

Be proud of the trade, but don’t be petty about it. If you want to comment on Kadri at least speak the truth.

Koolboss

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto

Kerfoot will never replace Kadri lol, Kerfoot's ice time will be around 12 mins max by the end of the season. Too early to judge Kadri's performance, lets talk in January.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004

The leafs are on pace to miss the playoffs and the Avs are on pace for 82 wins...

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Kerfoot will never replace Kadri lol, Kerfoot's ice time will be around 12 mins max by the end of the season. Too early to judge Kadri's performance, lets talk in January.

You do realize kadri was about as useful as a typewriter last year right?

We force fed him minutes on pp to watch him miss the net. He had no role once babs decided to match Tavares against top lines

Reactions: Suntouchable13

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Watch a game bud. I’ve watched every leafs game and Kerfoot and Barrie look great. Barrie looks like himself and Kerfoot looks better than I’ve ever seen. Be proud that your team has improved all you want but to say Kadri has been useless is just plain ignorant. He’s flipping the play around every single shift. A monster in the D zone. Even last night against Boston Bednar tried the Mackinnon line against the Bergeron line and Mackinnon’s line got exposed early. He adjusted and put Kadri out there and there was no more damage against while allowing Mackinnon and company to dominate against secondary competition.

Toronto got the best player in the trade hands down. It’s never been debated by even the most homeristic Avs fans. We’ve told you what you have and a lot of us have even become Leafs fans because of TB. However it’s awfully ignorant to come on here calling Kadri useless based on the impact he’s had. The Avs are 3-0 and Kadri’s impact on the game has been a very important part of that.

Be proud of the trade, but don’t be petty about it. If you want to comment on Kadri at least speak the truth.

This right here.

While this trade was fantastic for the Leafs, it also gave Colorado exactly what they needed.

Kadri has been fantastic defensively and great possession-wise for Colorado so far, which is exactly what they needed. His points will come soon. It's good to see Kadri rebound back like this in terms of possession play and defensive play (Last year was an outlier IMO, bad possession play ... maybe something to do with Marleau dragging play).

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
Kadri has looked fair in Colorado.
He has no luck as usual. No easy secondary assists, no finish from line mates, an empty net post, etc.
He hasn’t looked great but he’s still an effective player. No need to run down naz to try and pump up this seemingly even trade.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Year 1
Kadri @ 4.5 vs. Kerfoot @ 3.5 and Barrie @ 2.75

Year 2
Kadri @4.5 vs. Kerfoot @ 3.5

Year 3
Kadri @ 4.5 vs. Kerfoot @ 3.5

Year 4
Nada vs. Kerfoot @ 3.5

We clearly win big in year 1, and in year 4. The assumption is that the Avs win in years 2 and 3, but that doesn't account for potential age related decline in Kadri and natural development in Kerfoot.

Edit- the asset they traded and we acquired for referenced 721 was Barrie

Barrie & Kadri were the main/important players involved in the trade and that was the focus of my post versus the lesser bits. One player has multiple (3) years left on his contract the other has just one season and could be a rental.

Reactions: Koolboss

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Got it, sorry i did jump without all the info.

If they wanted to know prior they could speak prior to the trade with the Avs permission.

I would hope that our GM did that. I would also assume that the AVs would have a good idea on where Barrie was headed (term & $s) on his next contract.

Reactions: ACC1224

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Barrie & Kadri were the main/important players involved in the trade and that was the focus of my post versus the lesser bits. One player has multiple (3) years left on his contract the other has just one season and could be a rental.

Do you think that the trade goes through without Kerfoot?

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
I would hope that a team like us would have a prospect as good or better than Kerfoot ready to make the leap and fill a 3C void. Hoping and thinking that will be necessary for us to have long(er) term success. Topic has run its course now.

Last edited:

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
In reference to Ceci and my comments from a few threads ago.

Rielly got sliced and diced last night, so it was a team wide failure, highlighted by poor plays in the defensive zone.

Andersen's record doesn't look good against Tampa, best to avoid them in the playoffs.

And Boston! An easy opponent for the 1st round would be nice, but the benefit could be for just one round though.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility

Right pretty sure this is the Leafs board and I can talk about the team however I want here.

Reactions: Ciao

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Just a thing of note, the Avs weren't signing Kerfoot to that contract anyhow so he was being moved regardless.

But to your point perhaps it doesn't go through.

Likely not, because to the Leafs a 40 point 24 year old 3C replacement with cost control was a big part of the deal, one that @KeonHorton wants to handwave away

Reactions: kb

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Nah. This trade had two components:

1. Kadri (3 years) for Barrie (1 year, possible rental)
  2. Kerfoot & 6th for Rosen & 3rd.

We probably won the trade on the 2nd component IF Rosen doesn't amount to much, or the same with the 3rd.

1st component = hard to tell because we don't know if Barrie will resign. If he doesn't, we lost on this component imho. The trade looks like a this-year motivated trade versus long term imho. Perhaps it underscores that management feels pressured to produce results this year.

Just a shame we didn't have a prospect to fill the 3C role given the importance of having a deep farm with prospects ready to step up to fill a hole. We talked about this subject ad-nauseam in here a year or two ago. I was always a little leery of that and stated that it was easier said than done. But, its still an important aspect or factor if we are to have long term success. I guess the subject isn't important any longer given that's its not talked about much anymore. Yet, its still the more ideal situation and one that we discussed frequently.

Reactions: MarkT and Koolboss
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->