Confirmed with Link: [TOR/COL] Nazem Kadri, Calle Rosen for Tyson Barrie (50% retain), Alex Kerfoot trade (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Talk about the Leafs however you want but don’t say one of the Avs best players through their 3-0 start is useless if you have no idea what you’re talking about. Even you’re colleagues on here know how effective Naz has been.
Oh, please go home to Colorado and don't clutter our boards.

We have enough different ideas crom Leafies without your intrusions.

hobarth

Jul 10, 2011
Muzzin is a fine player, but he's not significantly better than Gardiner.

If the logic is we were all in last season and wanted Gardiner plus Muzzin, well the results show that the GM didn't read the tea leaves very well because they couldn't even get out of the first round.

As I mentioned before, Burkie gets tons of heat in this market because he incorrectly read the tea leaves and acquired an actual all star level player. Imagine how much worse it is when you swing and miss on your guess and you're just getting a middling D man.

Couldn't get out off the 1st round in part because of injuries to Gardier and Dermott, Boston facing a healthier TO might have not fared so well. As it was Boston needed 7 games to get past TO then lasted to the Stanley Cup finals.

I don't know if Dubie traded for Muzzin expecting a player that was better than Gardiner, Gardiner is a quality d-man and so is Muzzin. TO would have been better with both healthy but it wasn't the case.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
In a vacuum, we win this trade. A 2nd line center for a 3rd line center and a 2nd pair RHD

I just believe we targeted the wrong DMan.

Also Kadri brought the only semblance of grit, character and personality to this team. The one guy who pushed back. This team is now character free zone. And the on ice performance is just as characterless as the roster on paper would suggest.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
People DO realize Kadri has 3 games and no points? Meanwhile Barrie has several good games and 4 points in 5 games.

Do we remember last year? Kadri was useless for us most of the year. He sucked on the PP and sucked most of the year. He was useless in the playoffs. He scored 44 points for us.

Meanwhile for 1M cheaper, we have Kerfoot who has fit into the third line amazingly and is pacing for 50 points. He has replaced Kadri completely AND we got a top of the line D in return.

In no way can someone spin this trade as a failure. If Kadri had another year for us as he did last year, his trade value tanks. Dubas sold on him high while he had back to back 30 goal seasons and the excuse of being bumped down the lineup.

Now we see with the Avs, Kadri in a top 6 role has been just as useless as he was last year. I love the guy, but it was time to move on, and the trade was amazing.

Was a good trade. Dubas seems to be good at the trade game and I was a huge Kadri fan but kinda knew he had to go after what he did. Had he just dropped the gloves and fought. He did have a poor year though as well and that was concerning.

DavePoulin4PM

2x NHL all star, Selke winner, NHL exec
Nov 6, 2017
Kerfoot is the Jake Gardiner of forwards except not as skilled. You want an egregious giveaway, at an in opportune time? Kerfoot is your guy. An ill timed penalty 200 feet away from your net? Kerfoot will provide that. I’m sure his underlying numbers are great, though. Probably why so many defend him on here.

He is such a bad player. Brian Boyle would be much better for what the Leafs need.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
It's funny. The Avs board was completely underwhelmed with Kadri's effort vs Boston. And yet on the Leafs board he's been an instrumental force for them.

Some real Twin Peaks stuff right here.

Reactions: Boutette

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Kerfoot is the Jake Gardiner of forwards except not as skilled. You want an egregious giveaway, at an in opportune time? Kerfoot is your guy. An ill timed penalty 200 feet away from your net? Kerfoot will provide that. I’m sure his underlying numbers are great, though. Probably why so many defend him on here.

He is such a bad player. Brian Boyle would be much better for what the Leafs need.
I'd personally take Kadri if I wanted an ill timed penalty

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
This trade is a win for the Leafs. Even if Barrie walks and the shine wears off on it as a result.

Where I draw the line is when it is suggested Kerfoot is an adequate replacement for and comparable to Kadri. Making the trade even better for the Leafs. Kadri hammers Kerfoot.

mulefarm

Oct 9, 2011

You have totally lost me in comparing Jake to Kerfoot.

Reactions: unitedstars87

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
if we were going to trade Kadri now was a good time to do it since he still has 3 yrs left on a team friendly deal and that's why we got the return we did , however i would have much preferred to get a D with term on a decent contract in return

Cappuccino

Aug 18, 2017
the Netherlands
It is possible to like the trade, without having to constantly bash Kadri, but that involves a level of sophistication I suppose.

For sure. I love Kadri and I very much like the trade. Not that Barrie would be the first D I would have targeted (I really wanted Manson), but without him we would ice:

Rielly Ceci
Muzzin Marincin
Sandin Holl

And that is reason enough to at least don't hate the trade.

Reactions: DarkKnight

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
For sure. I love Kadri and I very much like the trade. Not that Barrie would be the first D I would have targeted (I really wanted Manson), but without him we would ice:

Rielly Ceci
Muzzin Marincin
Sandin Holl

And that is reason enough to at least don't hate the trade.

Not really, it would have been Gardiner. He waited for us too. Better than Barrie overall but many will disagree on that. Barrie is a good player, the trade was fine. If by some crazy chance this team has a big slump, I hope we sell like crazy. That may mean Marner too.

Reactions: mulefarm

Cappuccino

Aug 18, 2017
the Netherlands
Not really, it would have been Gardiner. He waited for us too. Better than Barrie overall but many will disagree on that. Barrie is a good player, the trade was fine. If by some crazy chance this team has a big slump, I hope we sell like crazy. That may mean Marner too.

If that big slump happens we always could collect draft picks like crazy at the deadline.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
If that big slump happens we always could collect draft picks like crazy at the deadline.

It may come to that. Nothing wrong with a course correction and picks are solid currency. The cores is here. The coach etc can all be changed a bit.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
It may come to that. Nothing wrong with a course correction and picks are solid currency. The cores is here. The coach etc can all be changed a bit.
Unacceptable. We could then be giving up a pick in the 11-15 OVA range in a very deep draft. If this team is flirting with missing the playoffs in the new year, Babs has to go.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Unacceptable. We could then be giving up a pick in the 11-15 OVA range in a very deep draft. If this team is flirting with missing the playoffs in the new year, Babs has to go.

I think he will be gone within 25 games tbh. This team has to be amazing, just look at the roster. If it's not, there is a problem.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
watching the avs game; Makar is a freakin' beaut. no wonder sakic said good-bye to barrie retaining salary and threw in kerfoot for kadri and rosen

from what i've seen makar>>barrie

from organizational pov sakic's move is a win for the avs; dubas' moves are a fail IMO

Reactions: Leafling and Kaizer

Ifittex il Verita

Sep 11, 2019
watching the avs game; Makar is a freakin' beaut. no wonder sakic said good-bye to barrie retaining salary and threw in kerfoot for kadri and rosen

from what i've seen makar>>barrie

from organizational pov sakic's move is a win for the avs; dubas' moves are a fail IMO

How the hell is this supposed to make sense?
Colorado dealt from a position of strength to address a position of weakness and Leafs did the exact vice versa. Makar > Barrie has nothing to do with the trade that was made. I'm no Dubas fan, you just really failed with this post.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
How the hell is this supposed to make sense?
Colorado dealt from a position of strength to address a position of weakness and Leafs did the exact vice versa. Makar > Barrie has nothing to do with the trade that was made. I'm no Dubas fan, you just really failed with this post.

It really doesn't make any sense...

Dubas addressed a major glaring weakness via a position of strength and also acquired a capable cheaper replacement at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad