Confirmed with Link: [TOR/CBJ] TOR acquire Riley Nash for Conditional. 7th Pick in 2022

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Is there any time table on Nash availability? Its been quiet and havent seen anyone report that hes skating or what?

The guy was supposed to be out 4 more weeks after the deal its been 2 already. Any progress.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Is there any time table on Nash availability? Its been quiet and havent seen anyone report that hes skating or what?

The guy was supposed to be out 4 more weeks after the deal its been 2 already. Any progress.
I don't think Nash is playing a game for the leafs. He was an LTIR acquisition so we could go over the cap for a bigger trade before the deadline, which ended up being Foligno. Don't think they throw a 4th line guy into the lineup over Spezza/Thornton/Galchenyuk/Simmonds who has never played a game with the team or isn't used to our style of play.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I don't think Nash is playing a game for the leafs. He was an LTIR acquisition so we could go over the cap for a bigger trade before the deadline, which ended up being Foligno. Don't think they throw a 4th line guy into the lineup over Spezza/Thornton/Galchenyuk/Simmonds who has never played a game with the team or isn't used to our style of play.
Everything suggests Nash will be playing for us and a likely fixture for us as 4C. His ability to play shutdown defence is handy.

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
His face off percentage in the playoffs is amazing. He’s a good defensive center that can help us, I can see the leafs possibly bring him back for next year if he plays well and the price is right

Reactions: The Cobra

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Everything suggests Nash will be playing for us and a likely fixture for us as 4C. His ability to play shutdown defence is handy.

I hope he gets into the lineup for the playoffs. He could help nullify any line mismatch, especially as the visiting team.

I've watched the Habs games, we better be prepared for tight, clog the middle hockey if we face them in the playoffs.

As such, Leafs need a lineup that ensures a series that is a war of scoring talent best able to finish their few opportunities.

If we get loosely goosey, we will be playing into a weak offensive teams strengths as they predictably try and trap and counter our errors. Think of the Pens last year.

Shut down, win battles, capitalize on the offensive zone imbalance so that they are relegated to praying for PPs to have a chance.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
His face off percentage in the playoffs is amazing. He’s a good defensive center that can help us, I can see the leafs possibly bring him back for next year if he plays well and the price is right
One thing for certain nash would have been in our top 4 lines last yeaes playoffs

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Leafs are 0-2 facing nash in the last 2 playoff series. Our top 6 is strong.
Any help to the the bottom 6+ extra depth is well received.

I think Nash will participate for us in the playoffs. My thought is he plays centre over Kerfoot.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Leafs are 0-2 facing nash in the last 2 playoff series. Our top 6 is strong.
Any help to the the bottom 6+ extra depth is well received.

I think Nash will participate for us in the playoffs. My thought is he plays centre over Kerfoot.

let's hope so

looking forward to seeing what nash brings

tired of seeing him on the other side lol

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Nash will and should play for sure. He is a playoff cheat code on a shutdown line. Not a care in the world of he provides offense, just shut down players.

He is exactly what you need when facing a Vegas.

You win cups with guys like him.

Facing Vegas...are you saying in the Stanley Cup finals??
just asking for a friend.

Reactions: TopChedder

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Yeah only way I see him getting into the playoff lineup would be due to injury. I think he's good enough to play but who's coming out of the lineup ahead of him?

Maaaybe Gally if Hyman is in the top 6 and Keefe thinks Nash is a better choice as a bottom 6 guy because he's a RH faceoff man for the PK, but Spezza does that pretty well so who knows?

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Once healthy I think Nash & Mikheyev will be fixures on a defensive shutdown line.

Hyman/Foligno/Kerfoot/Simmonds - Nash - Mikheyev

I don't see him playing on any other line than that.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Nash was injured April 4th and was estimated out for 4-6 weeks. That has him returning between 1-3wks from now. I think he’ll be healthy in time for the playoffs.

If Hyman is still injured I could even see him getting a game for conditioning ahead of time.

I think he will play for us in the playoffs, grand daddy Thornton almost certainly will get some rest here and there.

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
I hope he gets into the lineup for the playoffs. He could help nullify any line mismatch, especially as the visiting team.

I've watched the Habs games, we better be prepared for tight, clog the middle hockey if we face them in the playoffs.

As such, Leafs need a lineup that ensures a series that is a war of scoring talent best able to finish their few opportunities.

If we get loosely goosey, we will be playing into a weak offensive teams strengths as they predictably try and trap and counter our errors. Think of the Pens last year.

Shut down, win battles, capitalize on the offensive zone imbalance so that they are relegated to praying for PPs to have a chance.
I hope he is recovered for playoffs as well.
Might even help our atrocious penalty kill. We need to get Marner out of there before he takes a Shea Weber slap shot to the ankle and ends any playoff hopes we have.

Reactions: Leafsfan74

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
Nash will and should play for sure. He is a playoff cheat code on a shutdown line. Not a care in the world of he provides offense, just shut down players.

He is exactly what you need when facing a Vegas.

You win cups with guys like him.

Great post. I am looking forward to the debut of Riley Nash almost as much as I did for Foligno's.

I am predicting Carolina in the final. Their goalies are on fire and their offense is relentless as hell. They are a resilient team.

Also my prediction is Foligno, Hyman, Sandin, Nash will be instrumental in our playoff chances. You already know our offense is loaded so i wont talk about that. Campbell could be a playoff phenom but we will see

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad