Confirmed with Link: [TOR/CBJ] TOR acquire Riley Nash for Conditional. 7th Pick in 2022

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
My bet is we will see him get some ice time to warm up before the playoffs. So he can work into his role, and build chemistry when the leafs rest some of their top players. I dont think throwing him into the playoffs as his first game would be wise but then again i am not Dubas

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
My bet is we will see him get some ice time to warm up before the playoffs. So he can work into his role, and build chemistry when the leafs rest some of their top players. I dont think throwing him into the playoffs as his first game would be wise but then again i am not Dubas

They can't fit 2.75m or whatever his cap hit is under the cap. He might play for the marlies on a conditioning stint though.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
Foligno-Matthews-Marner
Hyman-JT-Nylander
Mikheyev-Nash-Kerfoot
Thornton-Spezza-Simmonds

Galchenyuk's out.

Galchenyuk > Mikheyev or Kerfoot

I say keep Galchenyuk with Tavares and Nylander, they have great chemistry. Hyman can be installed anywhere and make his line a threat.

Hyman-Brooks-Spezza would be a constant high pressure, offensive threat
Hyman-Thornton-Simmonds would be a very physical playoff primed 4th line

Reactions: hockeynorth

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
He's 100% playing in the playoffs.

Nash is one of the finer defensive centers in the NHL and that's all the Leafs need from him. If they build a good shutdown line around him, it's going to help big time once the pressure ramps up.

Reactions: 123offtheglass

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
When Hyman is back he plays on the first line. Foligno is a solid player but lacks the goal scoring Hyman brings. Foligno lands on the third line with Kerfoot and Soup. The odd man out will be a rotation of Engvall, Simmonds, Jumbo.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
If Brooks maintains his play with Thornton and Spezza, Nash won't get in right away.

Otherwise he'll probably be the next option for 4th line centre. Engvall may get a chance but Nash is a savvy vet that can plug in and play and be low risk.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
They can't fit 2.75m or whatever his cap hit is under the cap. He might play for the marlies on a conditioning stint though.

Yeah. He’s supposed to start skating soon per Keefe.

I imagine he’ll play a couple games with the Marlies to get ready for Game 1

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
Galchenyuk > Mikheyev or Kerfoot

I say keep Galchenyuk with Tavares and Nylander, they have great chemistry. Hyman can be installed anywhere and make his line a threat.

Hyman-Brooks-Spezza would be a constant high pressure, offensive threat
Hyman-Thornton-Simmonds would be a very physical playoff primed 4th line

You're completely ignoring the fact that Galchenyuk is not good defensively, both Mikheyev and Kerfoot have real defensive value, and they score about the same pace anyways.

Kerfoot and Mikheyev have become so underrated on here.

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
You're completely ignoring the fact that Galchenyuk is not good defensively, both Mikheyev and Kerfoot have real defensive value, and they score about the same pace anyways.

Kerfoot and Mikheyev have become so underrated on here.
The thing with Kerfoot is that he looks like two completely different players depending on if he’s on the wing with Tavares and Nylander vs playing C on the third line.

I don’t think he’s good enough to carry his own line, or even be the second best player on a line. But he’s like the ultimate complimentary player lol. I’ve started wondering more recently if we can “optimize” the team by having him play 2LW and having Nash play 3C. My reasoning being:

Kerfoot at 2LW = Galch at 2LW
Nash at 3C > Kerfoot at 3C

29Potvin

Jan 27, 2012
London Ontario
I love what Galchenyuk has brought with his effort but when Hyman and Nash are available (if lineup is healthy), I think too start it has to be Brooks and Galchenyuk that come out.

Crazy that we will have an issue removing player(s) from this lineup to fit guys coming off injury's that are potentially better. Great issue to have come playoffs!

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
With Nash skating today, he will probably get a conditioning stint with the Marlies for a few games. He definitely will be in the lineup and will become our checking line center (3rd line). It would be utterly stupid to not have him in the lineup to strengthen our forward defensive play and PK. The way I see it is, Brooks will be dropped and is capable of going on the taxi squad. Player like Simmonds, Thornton and Spezza will rotate as 4th line wingers. Kerfoot will play 4th line center.

Foligno-Matthews-Marner
Gally-Tavares-Nylander
Hyman-Nash-Micheyev
Thornton-Kerfoot-Simmonds/Spezza
Taxi: Brooks, Engvall

Reilly-Brodie
Muzzin-Holl
Sandin-Bogo/Dermott
Taxi: Hutton, Lilly

Campbell
Anderson
Taxi: Rittich, Hutch

david999

Jan 21, 2011
Unfortunately, I thing Gally will be out when Hyman and Nash return. Due to lack of experience Brooks will probably sit as well, although he has played great. I would sit Kerfoot.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
As good as Brooks has been for us lately, Nash needs to get into the lineup once the playoffs begin. He can provide more of the defensive presence and grit that we will need in our bottom six.
Yes, playoffs can be a shock to players in their very first season. Let Brooks get a full season under his belt before he is thrown into the playoff fire.

Is Brooks a comparable player to Connor Brown? High scoring junior player being asked to find his way into the NHL by playing a defensive game?

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
If Brooks maintains his play with Thornton and Spezza, Nash won't get in right away.

Otherwise he'll probably be the next option for 4th line centre. Engvall may get a chance but Nash is a savvy vet that can plug in and play and be low risk.

I would be shocked to see Brooks start the 1st playoff game. Coaches fav but no go for round 1.

m1ker

Apr 11, 2014
Nash is 100% in no question. Glach comes out and mikheyev has a tight leash because he was a complete liability last year in playoffs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad