Player Discussion Tomas Tatar

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
Maybe quitting being the BFF's and having a constructive fight could be just what they need. The comforting “Even if we lose we still have each other” attitude is not what we need now. You can kiss all you want when the games are over.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
anyone catch his presser today?
10000% knows he's not getting resigned.
he's not coming back.
31 y.o in December, plays like lemon merengue
come playoff time. see ya

Reactions: Runner77

Lolonegoal

Jan 25, 2012
my thoughts exactly.

Either way, let's hope Tatar comes out with a fire lit under his arse. He's capable of providing offense. He was our best offensive player last year and it wasn't close.
Yeah I don't see why people are so quick to want to dump him. If Price has shown us anything it's that one bad or even two bad seasons doesn't mean you've fallen off a cliff. If Tatar will sign a short cheap contract, or starts performing well in the playoffs, I'd welcome him back with open arms. Honestly what do we have to lose? We need all the help we can get.

Timelord

Stanley Cup polisher
Dec 18, 2011
He's thrived in the Montreal atmosphere and the fans. Saturday we'll have fans for the first time in over a year and that might give him a much needed shot in the arm. (no pun intended) He may have a big game.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

All that gushy stuff is nice, but it's time for them to figure it out on the ice. How can he enjoy playing with them when they're not doing their job. Their job is to produce and they haven't done that in 5 games, when it matters most...

Reactions: Surfer72

dkd

May 4, 2012
Canada
I honestly don't remember hearing his name once the entire series...

He aged like tuna.

Reactions: Kojo

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Evans was more effective than Tuna on that line. And provides more flexibility in dressing an extra natural C, good PERRY and can be effective on different lines.
I'd take Leks and Evans over Tatar right now.
Maybe he is still hurting but hasn't done much in his recent PO history.

Goal Caufield50

Jul 13, 2007
Evans was more effective than Tuna on that line. And provides more flexibility in dressing an extra natural C, good PERRY and can be effective on different lines.
I'd take Leks and Evans over Tatar right now.
Maybe he is still hurting but hasn't done much in his recent PO history.
Evans has no offence and is contributing and Tatar while offensively talented was not contributing

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
I know it's the right decision to sit him, but you gotta feel for the guy. He's had those moments in the past when nothing was going for him, then he'd break it with multi points games. The fact that he got injuried and the dry spell just happened at the worst time.

Honestly, his first season here he was my MVP. He was very good at entering the zone, always contributing to the plays. If we had this Tatar now he would contribute for sure. Obviously, he's done here now. But I value his time here nevertheless.

Lolonegoal

Jan 25, 2012
Tatar was good as a place holder. it’s time to move on now
He's only a place holder if we have a replacement. If we lose him and Danualt we've lost ever player that's scored 50pts for us besides Gallagher. And that's a scary thought if the kids can't hold together a sustainable pace and our current scoring issues.

I agree dump him immediately if he wants big money, but if wants a 1 year deal or something reasonable I'd rather have him in the line-up than the Staals and Froliks we keep picking up.

Reactions: Goal Caufield50

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
He's only a place holder if we have a replacement. If we lose him and Danualt we've lost ever player that's scored 50pts for us besides Gallagher. And that's a scary thought if the kids can't hold together a sustainable pace and our current scoring issues.

I agree dump him immediately if he wants big money, but if wants a 1 year deal or something reasonable I'd rather have him in the line-up than the Staals and Froliks we keep picking up.

I'm not sure exactly why he's so ineffective in the playoffs. The last two years with us, Gallagher hasn't been 100%. So their line is off, since Gallagher is the catalyst and Tatar and Danault complement Gallagher well.

If we make it to the 2nd round and Gallagher is really back to 100%, perhaps he'll get a 2nd chance then.

But man have his puck handling skills and turnovers been horrendous lately - and he's been bringing no offense.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
I'd rather see Evans back at C & Tatar in over Staal. It's quite mind boggling that Staal's been this bad and yet to be scratched while we have better roster options sitting there.
He's next level bad most of the year. He's had a few good moments this series though, while Tatar really just flounders.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Any Montreal fan have an honest objective opinion on the player? What's the deal with Tatar.

Seeing the scratches in the playoffs is worrying, may be an offseason target to play with McDavid or Draisaitl.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad