Player Discussion Tomas Tatar

Discussion in 'Montreal Canadiens' started by alko, Nov 4, 2019.

1. FrankMTL Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    The only way that would happen, is if a team REALLY wants to sign him as a UFA to the point where they're willing to trade a late round pick to acquire his rights before he becomes UFA to have exclusive negotiating rights in the hopes of signing him (Like Montreal did with Joel Edmundson). In Tatar's case, this would shock me.

And no, I wouldn't resign him unless he's willing to sign dirt (and I mean really dirt) cheap on a one year deal.

2. TheDogCerby Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Is he hurt, or just a healthy scratch ?

3. River Meadow Patio Ready!

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Healthy scratch

Gravity and TheDogCerby like this.
  4. Bouboumaster Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    What happened with him, that Lek passed him in the depth chart?

5. River Meadow Patio Ready!

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    We don't require an offensive twink at the very moment.

Monsieur Miz and overlords like this.
  6. MD thaivuN Anime Music Hipster

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Nerd
    Home Page:
    - too soff
    - can't score in the playoffs
    - showed visible frustration after a talk with DD on the ice while the cameras were on during practice.

7. Harry Kakalovich Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Home Page:
    He'll be ready when his number is called...

Natey likes this.
  8. le_sean Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Yeah ready to skate towards the boards and dumping the puck in before he can get hit.

Runner77 and BarracudaMtl like this.
  9. Natey GOATS

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Meh we wouldn't be in the playoffs without him. Yeah, he's not good in the playoffs, but I'm not going to take too many shots at the guy cause I'm enjoying this run.

And honestly - I'm not sure he'd be worse than the more expensive floater by the name of Josh Anderson.

goforit likes this.
  10. le_sean Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    The Sharks have a decade of futility because they built around two players who were far better in the regular season and did the same disappearing act in the playoffs. There’s no room for bums like Tatar on a team that’s average.

11. 26Mats #FireBergevin

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    I think Josh Anderson tries. I just don't think he has the hockey sense of where to go.

Hector Salamanca likes this.
  12. Natey GOATS

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    If the team is average even with a player like Tatar.. how are we getting to the playoffs?

Cause regardless what you think of him, he was our 3rd leading forward scorer this year. And he plays with Danault 90% of the time who is where the offensive goes to die.

So if you're enjoying this at all right now, even if it's not the best for the franchise, then you owe Tatar a "thanks for your help."

And that's not why the Sharks didn't win. It's so f***ing hard to win in the NHL these days. Do you know how many amazing players haven't won a cup? A LOT.

13. Natey GOATS

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Maybe. I have no idea.

Game 1 against the Leafs and I think Game 1 or Game 2 of the NHL season... he just looks like the best player in the league. He's dangerous every shift. He's hitting everything that movies. He's literally dominating the game.

And then I don't see him on the ice for 4, 5, maybe 6 games. Then he shows up, blows a bunch of chances for another game or two, and then out of nowhere he looks like the best player I've ever seen again. It's the strangest thing.

Anyway, not the right thread for this I guess! lol

Catanddogguitarrr likes this.
  14. le_sean Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    You could have plugged in literally any other $5m player and get the same half assed regular season result. Tatar didn’t do anything. When we needed him the most at the end of the season - 3 assists in 12 games. Playoffs? 1 assist in 5 games. Stop pretending he’s some type of saviour.

This isn’t even mentioning the eye test where he’s just slow and disengaged 80% of the time. And the only time he gets results is when playing with Phil and Gally since they do all of the hard work. You put him on another line and he does absolutely f*** all because it requires him to play harder.

DAChampion likes this.
  15. Natey GOATS

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Well, he doesn't make $5M.

I don't think he's some type of saviour. I just know without him, we're not in the playoffs this year and not currently enjoying this run. So if you're enjoying it, it's in part due to him.

I don't really care about the player. He's fine. I don't hate him, don't love him. But we're here and he's a huge part of it. Luckily, DD isn't as stupid as I thought and removed him because he's awful in the playoffs.

PS. Josh Anderson sucks just as much.

16. le_sean Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    He does make $5m or are you really going to nitpick that it’s $4.8m? And he’s not a huge part of anything since they aren’t even playing him in the most important time of the season.

And they were making the playoffs with or without him. This division sucked.

17. calder candidate Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Analyste
    Home Page:
    I can’t remember seeing Tatar unwilling to go get a puck in the corner (like some leafs players), being overly lazy on the ice or bad defensively... Not sure way he isn’t playing so he isn’t scoring but there a few player that aren’t consistent... if we think he isn’t helping it can’t be something we just found out now why didn’t we trade him at the deadline...

18. Natey GOATS

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    It was a joke. I forgot I can't use my phone emojis on this forum and I have to actually use the forum emojis. I had a winking face.

Doubtful. We were 4 points up on Calgary and again, he had 30 points. The next highest group of players didn't even have 25.

19. Hector Salamanca Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    That's just not how you manage asset in the real nhl before a playoffs push. If you have an injury or 2 on the wing, than you do what? That 2022 2rnd look nice on paper but it absolute thin air.

You can't have pick for every the players that go Ufa. It just not how it work.

20. dackelljuneaubulis02 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    He's a great option to have waiting on your bench but man why are people still wanting him in the line up at this point?

DAChampion and Estimated_Prophet like this.
  21. le_sean Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Because they stat watch and just assume he’s going to contribute positively. It wasn’t enough to see him as a healthy scratch for Vegas, do absolutely nothing in the bubble and do absolutely again at the end of the season and these playoffs.

22. A Loyal Dog Woof!

SB Cash:
    $ 181,942
    Housedog
    Tatar must be FUMING.

30 years old, UFA in a month. Healthy scratched, while his team is going through some major success without his help.

How much does he get in FA? My guess is he'll get a 1-year, <3m flyer from some team, considering his age and being a healthy scratch at the most important time of the year.

23. 26Mats #FireBergevin

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    if only Drouin were a pending UFA this summer and would be off our books too.\

Having said that, I think Tatar-Danault-Gallagher could be effective against a slower defense like Winnipeg, and perhaps Vegas. The Leafs were quick defensively and didn't allow them to get to pucks first, their bread and butter.

A Loyal Dog likes this.
  24. HostileCapSpace Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    At the same time Vegas are relentless on the forecheck and finish their hits - not sure it's a good environment for Tatar to thrive in. Vegas scares me more than Colorado. They've dominated games 2-3-4. Avs lucky to be tied.

25. Natey GOATS

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    He's still probably a 20 goal scorer. 3-4 million probably..

On that note, along what what you said above... If he's ever going to play well in the playoffs it would be against Vegas, if we end up winning and they do. Might be something to consider.

Honestly I wouldn't mind putting him in for a game over Anderson. It might also make Anderson step things up too.