Player Discussion Tomas Tatar

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Tatar-Danault-Gallagher have been a very good first line since the start of 18-19. In all metrics at 5v5 they dominate.

it's a fun line to watch more often than not. They all bring something different on that line that makes it effective all around, a nice cohesion.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I asked because it's an ineteresting point that I've thought about before: how much do open and honest conversations in internet chat boards about a player actually affect a players value?

Related, if you go on to another teams's board inquiring about a player, often they won't give you a straight answer. They'll sell you on the player's positives if they want that you player moved, as if people in the NHL are listening. It's possible they are. I remember Laracque saying Carboneau was always reading the comment sections of rds.ca when he went to his office. When the sportsnet chat forums closed down, i remember the mods saying just how many hockey people, and some big names, had accounts...

Our conversation don’t have any affect on player value the player play and other factor will dictate is value but when we start on a player that we think is redundant or expandable better bet that we aren't the only one that it.
If your asking for opinions you might get only what they want to tell you, but when I’m look for a opinion the first thing I’ll do is go read the comments that there to get a feel for where the player stand with it own fan base and what is perceived value is...

All the pro said they don’t read or listen to the media and that is the big lie ever these guys have been all in on hockeys since they were 16yo they eat, sleep and breathe hockey (kind of have to if you want to make it to the pros). These guy don’t have a 8 hours work day or any of the day to day issues we might have. They make over 450K$ a year, young and famous... they workout, have practice and might have game 2-4 games a weeks they have to take care of them self but that leave a lot of spear time what do you think they do with this down time, most aren't studying quantum physic... there entertaining them self, seeing friend and family, tv/movie, music, video games, social media, partying, gambling, dodging some of the girls that keep throwing them self at them and still with all these distractions I bet you that 1/4 if not 1/2 of that down time is hockey media and news related.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Tatar-Danault-Gallagher have been a very good first line since the start of 18-19. In all metrics at 5v5 they dominate.

Show me the metrics you want, this line, as good as it is, doesn't have the ability to completely take over games and get you wins by themselves. Which is what you expect from a quality first line.

Bottom-line, they're an excellent 5 vs 5 line, but they don't have the skills to be considered a good first line.

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
He has been ok IMO good shot, good hands and speed. On place for 55 points over 82, don't know why he's getting trashed on so much around here, I would not like to lose him for nothing this summer.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
What happened to my boy?? When he first came on the Habs he was always involved on the ice, he was a beauty to watch.

Now he looks lifeless, I don't get it.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Should have traded him at the deadline last year...would have gotten some nice futures, maybe even a 1st...now he's gonna be gone next year and we got nothing...just another failure of management...
He helped us get to the playoffs which is valuable, but at that point, we were going to make it regardless and his playoff performance is always dog shit.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
He's extremely disappointing. He's not a 1/10 of the player he was when he came here.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
He's extremely disappointing. He's not a 1/10 of the player he was when he came here.
This is his 6th post-season and his 6th post-season disappearance. It's not a fluke at this point. He's not built for tough hockey.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Anyone blaming him is ridiculous. He's not a playoff player. Anyone expecting differently so of sudden is living in a fantasy world.

Tatar is the perfect example of a guy who can get you to the playoffs. But not one that can help you win once you get there.

If his contract reflects that, he's a perfectly solid player who should be benched come playoff time lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->