Player Discussion Tomas Tatar

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
If, at 27, Tatar is old, might as well trade Gallagher too since he's getting long in the tooth by those standards...

Tatar turns 28 shortly. Gallagher just turned 26.

But there is no rush to trade Tatar if you're retooling and probably no need. He's the real deal, and wing is now a weak position for us. We need more offensive players at Tatar or greater offensive level. We're loaded with bottom six level talent (Byron, Lehkonen, Armia, Hudon, Shaw, Scherbak, Deslauriers, Agostino, etc...) We only have 3 top six wingers (Gallagher, Drouin, and Tatar). I would prefer 6 top 6 wingers to fill the top 9. Should have added Skinner, Duclair, and David Perron in the off season - at least.

Reactions: Cobra Commander

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
If you want to patch the line up and keep going for the wild card spot, sure keep him. I still want a full rebuild. All older players with value , we should consider trading. IMO Petry and Tatar need to be trade this year
lol....of course

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
He only played 20 games for us. I feel hes still in the honeymoon phase with his new team. I expect his production to drop and he will be the 50ish points per season type of guy. If we are offered a first round pick for him, I would pull the trigger.

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
Hey we got a player that can score, is signed to a decent contract, leaves it all on the ice, loves it in Montreal and is loved by fans and teammates. I got a great idea! Let's trade him. Why? He's 27. Great reason. This is almost as bad as those posts in the summer where people wanted to trade Gallagher. Almost but not quite as bad. I'll answer this insanity with a few names: Beaulieu, McCarron, Tinordi, de la Rose, Yakupov, Griffen Reinhart, Henrik Samuelsson,Matteau, Siemens, McNeil, Biggs, Percy, Zach Philips, Jensen...............do I need to go on?

You name first round pick players that busted. You want me to start naming first round pick that didnt bust?

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
Hey we got a player that can score, is signed to a decent contract, leaves it all on the ice, loves it in Montreal and is loved by fans and teammates. I got a great idea! Let's trade him. Why? He's 27. Great reason. This is almost as bad as those posts in the summer where people wanted to trade Gallagher. Almost but not quite as bad. I'll answer this insanity with a few names: Beaulieu, McCarron, Tinordi, de la Rose, Yakupov, Griffen Reinhart, Henrik Samuelsson,Matteau, Siemens, McNeil, Biggs, Percy, Zach Philips, Jensen...............do I need to go on?
"

The "traders" are almost as bad or worse than the "tankers". 2 sick little hockey fetishes.The traders get excited at the idea of trading every "old" player over the age of 25 for some phantom draft picks that may never even make the NHL or if they do, even get close to the level of the player being traded away.

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
"

The "traders" are almost as bad or worse than the "tankers". 2 sick little hockey fetishes.The traders get excited at the idea of trading every "old" player over the age of 25 for some phantom draft picks that may never even make the NHL or if they do, even get close to the level of the player being traded away.

The groupie that get attached to a player after 20 games playing for us are worst, IMO. Thats why we go in circle for the past 25 years

Reactions: dralaf

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
You name first round pick players that busted. You want me to start naming first round pick that didnt bust?
And in your mind what do you think you will prove?

At the moment we have a 100% of an excellent hockey player who has helped revitalized this franchise. You want trade him for what a 50%, 60% maybe 20% chance of getting a similar player who will peak in 4-5 years. Thank god you're not running the show.

Reactions: HankyZetts

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017

At the moment we have a 100% of an excellent hockey player who has helped revitalized this franchise. You want trade him for what a 50%, 60% maybe 20% chance of getting a similar player who will peak in 4-5 years. Thank god you're not running the show.

You really believe Tatar help revitalize the franchise? How can you say that after 20 games, thats ridiculous. Tatar is a 50ish points player. Dont get your panties in a bunch

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017

Im not trying to prove anything , was just wondering what you were trying to prove naming first round pick that busted

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
He only played 20 games for us. I feel hes still in the honeymoon phase with his new team. I expect his production to drop and he will be the 50ish points per season type of guy. If we are offered a first round pick for him, I would pull the trigger.

50 point players are needed to win. The guy loves it here, chemistry with gallagher etc the chances you come close to matching what he provides for a late first are almost zero. He's here to stay imo. Trading everyone for magic beans is how you end up perpetually sucking.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
You really believe Tatar help revitalize the franchise? How can you say that after 20 games, thats ridiculous. Tatar is a 50ish points player. Dont get your panties in a bunch

Is that all you do? Look at stat sheets. Have you actually watched this kid play?

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
50 point players are needed to win. The guy loves it here, chemistry with gallagher etc the chances you come close to matching what he provides for a late first are almost zero. He's here to stay imo. Trading everyone for magic beans is how you end perpetually sucking.

Thank you!

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
If Tatar honeymoon with the canadiens keep going. His value should be upthere comes trade deadline. If you can get prospects and first round pick, not trading him would be an mistake.

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
50 point players are needed to win. The guy loves it here, chemistry with gallagher etc the chances you come close to matching what he provides for a late first are almost zero. He's here to stay imo. Trading everyone for magic beans is how you end perpetually sucking.

Cant remember Habs trading player when they were at their top value. And we are perpetually sucking so I disagree with your assessment

The last i can think of are weise and fleischmann and look at the return we had. If we hold on too long on Tatar we will miss out

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Cant remember Habs trading player when they were at their top value. And we are perpetually sucking so I disagree with your assessment

The last i can think of are weise and fleischmann and look at the return we had. If we hold on too long on Tatar we will miss out
P.K. Subban sends you a christmas card with a jolly hello. Weise and Fleischmann are not even playing on the same hockey rink as Tatar. You want to trade Dlo, Peca, Schlemko, Benn, Alzner, Ouellet, Niemi.
And that's what Weise and Fleischamnn represented. I'll be more than happy but you don't trade the Tatars on your team.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018

How about the teams who have been rebuilding for over a decade and never seem to improve? Is that what you want us to become? Sure, fighting for 8-10th place isn't what you want either, but you can rebuild/retool without giving away everything useful for a mere chance to get something back as useful with slight odds of winning the lotto, but much greater odds of striking out completely. There are multiple ways to improve your roster, trading the guys who want to be here and are performing for cheap are not the ways to do it imo. The team is actually setup pretty good now, if we can pickup a dman or two in UFA or make a few shrewd moves we could be on our way to contention sooner than later. I believe one more elite prospect would likely do it, but I don't believe in destroying the team to get him.

If Suzuki/Brook pan out, this team is looking petty good for the future. I would keep Petry too.

Reactions: c_robio

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
P.K. Subban sends you a christmas card with a jolly hello. Weise and Fleischmann are not even playing on the same hockey rink as Tatar.

PK Subban was not traded like he was at his peak value, he was traded like he was persona non grata in montreal. Tell me you are clever enough to see that

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
Im not saying Weise and Fleischmann are on the same level as Tatar just that they were traded after a good run with us when there value was maximize

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
How about the teams who have been rebuilding for over a decade and never seem to improve? Is that what you want us to become? Sure, fighting for 8-10th place isn't what you want either, but you can rebuild/retool without giving away everything useful for a mere chance to get something back as useful with slight odds of winning the lotto, but much greater odds of striking out completely. There are multiple ways to improve your roster, trading the guys who want to be here and are performing for cheap are not the ways to do it imo. The team is actually setup pretty good now, if we can pickup a dman or two in UFA or make a few shrewd moves we could be on our way to contention sooner than later. I believe one more elite prospect would likely do it, but I don't believe in destroying the team to get him.

If Suzuki/Brook pan out, this team is looking petty good for the future. I would keep Petry too.

You think trading Tatar is destroying the team? Damn you are being a little bit dramatic here

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
Was is or wasn't he at his peak value?

Sure he was at his peak value, You are playing with semantics here. He was at his peak value but the trade didnt seize his value. We could have had a way better return for him, dont you agree?

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Sure he was at his peak value, You are playing with semantics here. He was at his peak value but the trade didnt seize his value. We could have had a way better return for him, dont you agree?
And that's exactly my point about trading the Tatars on your team. What makes you think we'll get value for Tatar?

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Im not saying Weise and Fleischmann are on the same level as Tatar just that they were traded after a good run with us when there value was maximize
And I am saying sure trade the Weises and Fleischmanns on this team. I got no problem with that. Just keep your paws off the Tatarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs.

Reactions: BehindTheTimes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino