Player Discussion Tomas Tatar

Status
Not open for further replies.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
I would have been open to trading Tatar earlier this season because I thought this team was in for a long rebuild. Now, nearly a quarter of the way through the season, I'm not sure it's a good idea. This team has rebounded much faster than I anticipated l. With some extremely good prospects coming in, I think this team could contend in a couple years and Tatar could still be extremely effective in that time frame.

Reactions: HankyZetts

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I would have been open to trading Tatar earlier this season because I thought this team was in for a long rebuild. Now, nearly a quarter of the way through the season, I'm not sure it's a good idea. This team has rebounded much faster than I anticipated l. With some extremely good prospects coming in, I think this team could contend in a couple years and Tatar could still be extremely effective in that time frame.
There's a caveat to this. MB doesn't make any brain-dead moves and he makes a couple more shrewd suave trades.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
There's a caveat to this. MB doesn't make any brain-dead moves and he makes a couple more shrewd suave trades.
He's been on a bit of a tear since Dudley left. As long as he doesn't do something dumb like get a rental he won't resign or something like that, the Habs will be in good shape. I'd like to see him agressive in the free agent market and get a guy like Panarin.

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
The Tatar love reminds me of the Benn love when he arrived in the team. What a mistake it was.

I fell alone on my island, cant fight you all guys. Lets keep Tuna then

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
He's been on a bit of a tear since Dudley left. As long as he doesn't do something dumb like get a rental he won't resign or something like that, the Habs will be in good shape. I'd like to see him agressive in the free agent market and get a guy like Panarin.

Now if you want to sign Panarin which is a left winger you have to trade Tatar. You are being a little bit contradictory here

But that would be a move I would definitely try. Trade Tatar for prospects and draft pick and sign Panarin on the market

Last edited:

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
The talk or trading Taaaaaaatarrrr is nuts....no way . He got another good 5 years of 20+ goals seasons..

On the trade market what is TT worth? Vegas gave up a 1st a 2nd and a 3rd to get him out of Detroit when he was coming off 45 pt and a 46 pt seasons...So don't worry about his value ....

If he loves Montreal and is producing the no brainier is to keep him locked up....

Julien loves him...calls him a hockey warrior....

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
It's crazy to think the bargain we had in Pacman67 at 4.5 million all those years ...then when he wanted to cash in we set him free... Tatar at 5.3 million looks to me to be an upgrade...lol... for way less money....

If Tatar wants the moon in 20-21 as a Ufa...ok trade him away like Pac ....but that's the only way i trade Taaatarrr...

Reactions: Cobra Commander

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
that would be incredible

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
It's crazy to think the bargain we had in Pacman67 at 4.5 million all those years ...then when he wanted to cash in we set him free... Tatar at 5.3 million looks to me to be an upgrade...lol... for way less money....

If Tatar wants the moon in 20-21 as a Ufa...ok trade him away like Pac ....but that's the only way i trade Taaatarrr...
He's actually owned 4,8mil... Vegas pays 500k per year to the habs... insane.

Ebony Mackenzie

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Did you guys notice last night, the Tatahhh...........................guy at the Bell Centre, was shown a couple of times, on HNIC!! Love it!!

The HNIC guys were saying it themselves when showing highlights later too.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center

Vegas even retained salary on him lmao.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Tatahhhhhhrrrrrrrrrrrr...... ahhhhhrrrrrrrr.... Tatahhhhhhhrrrrrrrr

It's funny eh...he's been in the leauge for a lot of years...In hockeytown Detroit...and it took a Habs fan to come up with that....Detroit been really good for many years ..
Montreal even as we been sucking ,is still the mecca of hockey ..

Taaaaatarrrrr can feel that i bet ya...millions of Canadians now know who Tatar is..

Last edited:
Reactions: Cobra Commander

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Habs are retaining for Max only for this season. Vegas will retain for the next three seasons.

It's amazing how gloomy it looked with training camp nearing and the Max drama at a fever pitch and in the 11th hour before it all started, MB was able to get the return he got.

Thank our lucky stars (and thank Pac67)the LA deal fell thru ....

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
It's funny eh...he's been in the leauge for a lot of years...In hockeytown Detroit...and it took a Habs fan to come up with that....Detroit been really good for many years ..
Montreal even as we been sucking ,is still the mecca of hockey ..

Taaaaatarrrrr can feel that i bet ya...millions of Canadians now know who Tatar is..
The whole hockey world knows who Tataaaaaaaaahrrrr is, he’s having a major comeback/career year! He’s loving life right now, his value is rising threw the roof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->