Post-Game Talk: Could've been worse. Leafs go down 3-1 in the game and the series.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
if you're old enough then at least as a sports fan in Toronto you've seen 2 World Series and 1 NBA championship... that's about all we're going to get though, this hockey situation is clearly never going to get any better so long as we're alive
I've seen 2 World Series and 1 NBA championship, along with several Grey Cups and lacross championships, a couple of soccer (anyone remember the Metros?), and four Stanley Cups. I'm old.

png57

Oct 5, 2022
Any lip readers? Looks like thats what Willy said... Marner getting called out by team mates for whining now :laugh:

I'm sure Willy's second sentence was "just f**king shoot that puck" instead of "this isn't junior hockey". I hear him tbh. Plenty of times tonight where Mitch could have fired the puck rather than keep skating with it in the o-zone.

Reactions: PromisedLand

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
They do have a first round pick. That's nice.
Unless they're desperate and trade it before the draft.

Master tactician Sheldon Keefe.

Those teams had the excuse of being less talented than this one.
They lost to a Canadiens team that didn't even make the playoffs. They're just cosmically inept.
Look on the bright side: the Thrashers left Atlanta just so you could experience all this!
I just threw up in my mouth.
I just threw up in your mouth.
Cant fault him for that we've all been duped.
762mgnloopic1.gif

I didn't even have the heart to start a fight with the few goofs wearing Boston jerseys at the bar. Team is what it is.
You have permission to dump beer on their heads.
Please explain to me the Penix pick
Penix moved to Utah.
Knicks last finals appearance was in 1999 which was a lockout shortened year (they lost) and they have done shit all since then. 5 first round exits, 16 seasons without even making the playoffs, 2 first round wins, 1 conference final appearance.
Because their owner is a meddling idiot (though he leaves the Rangers alone), but at least the Knicks have appeared in the finals a few times.
if you're old enough then at least as a sports fan in Toronto you've seen 2 World Series and 1 NBA championship... that's about all we're going to get though, this hockey situation is clearly never going to get any better so long as we're alive
Doesn't help me. Don't care about those teams.
Canadian fans are not violent, just rude.
Guess what I would be posting right now if I knew it wouldn't be deleted?

Last edited:

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
There seems to be "how to exert effort" for too long. Boston has been oppportunistic and plays a smarter game

Boston's avg shift length is also 10 to 15 seconds shorter than leafs.

Keefe is a JOKE of a coach
It's literally the rope-a-dope and the same thing MTL did to us in 2021. There's a book on us, and it's to let our forwards dance around on the perimeter, mostly ignore the point, then counter punch when we inevitably turn it over trying to seam a pass through 4 bodies in the slot. Or an easy rebound recovery on the wrister from the top of the circle with no one around the net.

Keefe apparently doesn't think having any threat at the point is a priority as he sat his best defensive shot in favour of Brodie (who is equally ineffective in his own end at this point). Tre was onto something in identifying that our team needed help generating offence from the back end... The Klingberg signing was a miss but it came from the right place. I just don't think the coach is on the same page.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I disagree. I thought both the first and second goals were bad goals.

The first goal you could probably put Edmundson through Samsonov's fivehole. The second goal Samsonov jumped out of the net to stop the shot that never came leaving a wide open net for Marchand - which Samsonov does often. He has to stop coming out so far on a shot while being shorthanded. Boston gets so many open nets because he overplays the shot.
But our forwards can’t even score.

Reactions: MillanDynasty

United35

Jan 16, 2021
Would be something…….

One game at a time…….

Talk about exorcising your demons!

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
It's literally the rope-a-dope and the same thing MTL did to us in 2021. There's a book on us, and it's to let our forwards dance around on the perimeter, mostly ignore the point, then counter punch when we inevitably turn it over trying to seam a pass through 4 bodies in the slot. Or an easy rebound recovery on the wrister from the top of the circle with no one around the net.

Keefe apparently doesn't think having any threat at the point is a priority as he sat his best defensive shot in favour of Brodie (who is equally ineffective in his own end at this point). Tre was onto something in identifying that our team needed help generating offence from the back end... The Klingberg signing was a miss but it came from the right place. I just don't think the coach is on the same page.

Agreed 100%!

Thats been my opinon for a long time; including the Klingberg signing this season

1specter

Sep 27, 2016

Yup, I felt like I was watching game 7 against the Habs again. Leafs played lifeless hockey and had nothing for Boston.

Reactions: TIGERCOOL

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Solution for the Leafs :
1. Trade Marner for a top D. Excellent in his own zone + good on zone exit/transition game.
2. Trade Tavares for excellent defensive center + excellent defensive winger, both players can eat many minutes, not scoring that much but have constant + stats. Try to have better 3rd and 4th line.
3. Hire new management newer guys, modern ideas.
4. Try to improve goalie. Always have good back up goalie.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006

I agree - the Klingberg signing really did come from the right place... someone, anyone... that could make a play or get a shot from the point. You can basically ignore us.. Who can shoot the puck?

Brodie was a fine player.. really.. good guy too. He's done.. Same with Gio.. great person and was a great player.

So many holes to fill.

Bluebear

Nov 30, 2018
Nah you can’t blame Sammy

3 goals to 1. Was he supposed to give a shutout? I’m not a Sammy fan at all, but the only game he’s even had an impact negatively is game 3 where he gave up 2 bad goals. But again we cannot score.
You can't blame Sammy but he is letting in weaker goals than Boston's goalies...It doesn't matter when the boys don't score, but if even if they were scoring its kind of like spotting the opposition to a 1 or 2 zip lead every game. hopefully can be addressed for next year.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
I've seen 2 World Series and 1 NBA championship, along with several Grey Cups and lacross championships, a couple of soccer (anyone remember the Metros?), and four Stanley Cups. I'm old.
you're in your 80s man.... congratulations for still being able to use the internet like this?

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Eh, reasonable.

But when you have to refer to yourselves as grown men, unconvincing.
Except... he acts like he's 13. Throwing his gloves on the bench? Losing his composure.. yet another example of Marner being a distraction to this team. The minute he did that, it was gonna be all over the internet.

Reactions: Martin Skoula

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Solution for the Leafs :
1. Trade Marner for a top D. Excellent in his own zone + good on zone exit/transition game.
2. Trade Tavares for excellent defensive center + excellent defensive winger, both players can eat many minutes, not scoring that much but have constant + stats. Try to have better 3rd and 4th line.

Unfortunately NHL GMs aren’t stupid enough to do either 1. or 2. Maybe Dubas but that’s it.

Only 3. and 4. are feasible

Bluebear

Nov 30, 2018
Solution for the Leafs :
solution for my life. 1. Win the lottery 2. marry a supermodel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad