GDT: TML @ CBJ || Oct 25 7:00 PM || FAN 590 || Leafs TV || Bidoof Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Paul Hendrick ‏@HennyTweets 20m

Joffrey lupul isn't skating this morning. Status for tonight will be clarified shortly. Jonathan bernier expected to start.

Thanks. I imagine he'll take the warmup and decide then.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
I guess this means Reimer tomorrow?
Taking a Pens fan, the Team better show up.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I'm a Bernier fan but give Reimer his start already wtf

He had the flu, which is why he hasn't start since he was injured in the Carolina game.

Now that we have a back-to-back, Reimer would have very likely played either tonight or tomorrow regardless of performance.

So Bernier gets to play a gainst a West team because he's a bit more familiar with that team, while Reimer gets the Penguins.

Relax.

The Reaper

Men of Mayhem
Dec 29, 2010
Canada
I don't like this idea. Throwing Reimer in pretty well cold against the top team in the conference, including the best player in the world?

Besides, we need to stop babying Bernier and really only playing him again Western(or in CBJ's case, former) teams. He thinks he should be our #1? Let him Prove it against the best team in the East.

Technically the Pens aren't the top team in the East since we're tied with them :P

Tyler Biggs*

I'm excited to be able to watch this guy play hockey in his own home town, and wanting to be here. I remember some idiots on here that said NO player would sign in Toronto, no one wanted to be in Toronto, all the free agents wanted to be far far away from Toronto. I remember these same clowns saying the rebuild excitement was drinking the kool-aid, all I can say is, 1/8th of the season is over

The Leafs will only be better with Clarkson on the roster. I like this team.

He has grit, heart, toughness, character, can score, hit, and play defensively. He will make the Leafs a much better team. I predict he will make an immediate impact! Everyone else is jealous! GLG

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Good to see Clarkson getting his first real NHL game with the Leafs. To be honest, he was not to impressive in the preseason other than standing up for teammates in scrums. He wasn't mid season Clarkson for sure. Hope he plays his game and not try to be Lanny McDonald.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Sounds like Bodie was sitting out most line rushes yesterday so I think McLaren is in

Hopefully Lupul is in

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
True, but I don't see that tie lasting very long, the Pens are gonna skate circles around us tomorrow if we keep playing as we have been.

We were told the Ducks would do that as well.

LyGuy

Aug 21, 2013
He had the flu, which is why he hasn't start since he was injured in the Carolina game.

Now that we have a back-to-back, Reimer would have very likely played either tonight or tomorrow regardless of performance.

So Bernier gets to play a gainst a West team because he's a bit more familiar with that team, while Reimer gets the Penguins.

Relax.

Haha well I figured that much I suppose I just wanted Reimer to get the supposedly 'easier' start tonight and Bernier against the Pens. As I said, I'm a Bernier fan and believe he'll do better against Pens =p

Kyle Doobas*

Slightly off-topic, but I think my biggest pet peeve with hockey fans is this mentality that the goalie somehow isn't a part of the team. I mean, when your goalie stops 30+ shots or whatever and helps the team to a win, you still outplayed the other team. When Ryan Getzlaf has a three-point night, you never hear anybody going, "Oh, the Ducks only won because of Getzlaf," as if it doesn't count as a 'real' win, or somehow wasn't 'deserved'. Having a good goalie isn't cheating.

And they did for the first half of the game. The Pens will bury us if we play like that for any extended stretch of the game.
Based on what? How good their team looks on paper? Look at our record against them the past few years, even when we were a bottom team in the league. We've had a tougher time with the Panthers and Hurricanes. There's no reason we couldn't come back from a 2-0 deficit against the Pens in exactly the same way we did with the Ducks. It's pretty rare that a team just dominates for an entire game. Look around the other boards and you'll find 29 different fanbases all complaining that their team can't put in a 60 minute effort every night. I mean, I was watching the Kings/Coyotes game last night and following along with the Kings GDT and even with a one-goal lead in the third period, people were lamenting LA's allegedly crappy effort. :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
And they did for the first half of the game. The Pens will bury us if we play like that for any extended stretch of the game.

Not sure many saw the game the way you did. They pretty much shut down the Ducks.

JAMmer124

Independent Living
Aug 13, 2010
Welland, Ontario
Based on what? How good their team looks on paper? Look at our record against them the past few years, even when we were a bottom team in the league. We've had a tougher time with the Panthers and Hurricanes. There's no reason we couldn't come back from a 2-0 deficit against the Pens in exactly the same way we did with the Ducks. It's pretty rare that a team just dominates for an entire game. Look around the other boards and you'll find 29 different fanbases who all think their team can't put in a 60 minute effort.

Uhm yeah actually, all we have to base it on is their team on paper cuz we haven't seen them yet. Look at how many of us are viewing Columbus, entirely based off of their roster.

I'm not saying we can't beat them, I'm just saying we'll have to be a heck of a lot better than we have been, starting tonight.

JAMmer124

Independent Living
Aug 13, 2010
Welland, Ontario
Not sure many saw the game the way you did. They pretty much shut down the Ducks.

Shut down the Ducks by getting 2 ****ing shots in the first period. The leafs were playing like crap until Dion levelled Palmieri and Orr drew that penalty, that's when the tide turned.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Reimer in tonight and Bernier in tommorrow would have solidified to me that Randy saw Bernier as the #1 goalie. But Bernier in tonight and Reimer tommorrow tells me it's still up in the air, and that he's still going with matchups.

Bernier Career v. CLM: 3gms, 2-1-0, 0so, .928
Bernier Career v. PIT: 0gms

Reimer Career v. PIT: 5gms, 3-0-2, 1so, .921
Reimer Career v. CLM: 0gms

good on Randy.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

First third of the game*. Pretty sure it took them 8 minutes to get a shot on net after their goal to begin the second period.

Zatkoff should be starting today, and Fleury isn't exactly good against the Leafs.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Shut down the Ducks by getting 2 ****ing shots in the first period. The leafs were playing like crap until Dion levelled Palmieri and Orr drew that penalty, that's when the tide turned.

Sorry but the final score matters. Leafs are just fine against Pittsburgh. In fact, Reimer is 4-0-3 or something against Pens. Means we have handled Crosby & Co. just fine in past few years.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
yep, Reimer has never lost in regulation to Pittsburgh, in 5gms.

Kyle Doobas*

What's wrong with that? Sometimes teams have a crappy start and it takes a big hit or a big PK or a fight or something to get the team going, then they do and they end up getting back into the game.

The Ducks didn't have this amazing game and somehow snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in the dying seconds. They played well for 20-25 minutes and then the Leafs started to take over and won the game. Happens all the time. All things considered, we outplayed them IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:

JAMmer124

Independent Living
Aug 13, 2010
Welland, Ontario
and they let the Ducks have a whole 6 shots that period. shut down.

I know you love your stats and numbers zeke, and I, as well I assume the rest of the board, appreciates the work you do stats wise, so here's a number that concerns me about that: 3:1, the ratio at which we were being outshot.

Sorry but the final score matters. Leafs are just fine against Pittsburgh. In fact, Reimer is 4-0-3 or something against Pens. Means we have handled Crosby & Co. just fine in past few years.

Agreed that the final score matters a lot, but we can't keep getting outplayed and outshot by a wide margin. If they play like they did in the first period, were in trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad