GDT: TML @ CBJ || Oct 25 7:00 PM || FAN 590 || Leafs TV || Bidoof Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrizzyTO

OVO
Mar 21, 2013
Sanctuary ||
BdlX8Io.png

ZV7KL9r.png

MAPLE LEAFS (7-3-0) at BLUE JACKETS (4-5-0)

TV: LEAFS TV, FS-O

Season series: The now-conference rival Toronto Maple Leafs and Columbus Blue Jackets meet for the first of three games this season, and the only time in Columbus. Their last meeting was in November 2011, with the Maple Leafs winning 4-1.

Big story: After serving a 10-game suspension for leaving the bench during an altercation in the preseason, David Clarkson is set to make his Maple Leafs debut.

Team Scope:

Maple Leafs: One of the best offenses in the League is about to get even better on Friday when Clarkson plays his first game for the Maple Leafs. After signing a seven-year, $36.75 million contract in the offseason, Clarkson left the bench to defend his teammates in a preseason game against the Buffalo Sabres on Sept. 22, a move that resulted in an automatic 10-game suspension.

"It's been tough but at the end of the day, lucky enough here in Toronto, we have a great staff and I was able to do a lot off the ice to get ready," Clarkson told the Maple Leafs website on Wednesday after practice. "And the boys have been winning which makes it easier. I've watched enough and I'm ready to get back at it."

The Leafs have won seven of 10 without Clarkson, including a 4-2 win against the Anaheim Ducks on Tuesday in which Phil Kessel had a hat trick. Clarkson isn't sure what line he will be on, but is ready to step in and contribute.

"I don't know. We'll find out here where coach puts things but that's up to the coaching staff," Clarkson said. "I grew up a Leafs fan and am lucky enough to be from the city of Toronto. Any time a kid dreams of wearing that jersey and the kid gets a chance to do it, it's pretty special."

Blue Jackets: Coming off of a 4-1 win against the New Jersey Devils, the Blue Jackets look for their first three-game winning streak of the season as they continue a four-game homestand.

James Wisniewski had a goal and two assists after he almost didn't play due to the flu. It was all Columbus after the Devils scored the game's first goal. The Blue Jackets have won back-to-back games by a combined score of 7-2.

"We showed a lot of character in the way we played. It took us a little while to get going but we found a way to win," Wisniewski said.

Wiseniewski, who had four points coming in, set up the Blue Jackets' first goal, scored their third and assisted on the empty-netter.

"He didn't do a lot of campaigning (to play), I just had a brief talk … he knows how he feels. He came out of warmups and I asked him how he felt," coach Todd Richards said after the game.

Who's hot: James van Riemsdyk has multiple points in three of his past four games for the Maple Leafs. … Blue Jackets forward Marian Gaborik has three points in three games. He has two shots in his past two games; both resulted in goals.

Injury report: Forwards Frazer McLaren (broken pinky) and Nikolai Kulemin (ankle) along with defenseman Mark Fraser (knee) are on injured reserve for the Maple Leafs. … The Blue Jackets

Lineups:

large.png

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul* - Kadri - Clarkson
Raymond - Bolland - Leivo
Bodie - McClement - Orr

Phaneuf - Gunnarsson
Gardiner - Ranger
Rielly - Franson

Bernier
Reimer

VS:
large.png

Foligno-Anisimov-Gaborik
Jenner-Dubinsky-Atkinson
Comeau-Johansen-Umberger
Letestu-MacKenzie-Boll

Tyutin-Prout
Johnson-Savard
Murray-Wisniewski

Bobrovsky
McElhinney

RI06WBM.jpg

H7pJ2rf.jpg

hngwsJv.jpg

VS

Pqtfo1o.jpg

PBN9Egt.jpg

With Bidoof Goaltenders

*special note: this may be the most random gdt you have ever came across

Releasing this today because I might not have enough time tmr.

Last edited:

garyjones93

Jun 2, 2012
Can't believe you spelt battle wrong.... And Ranger's picture instead of Franson's?

Mod edit..."spelt". should be "spelled"

Last edited by a moderator:

Penalty Kill Icing*

Great work on the GDT, OP. :handclap:

Need to pickup points against Eastern Conference teams. Go Leafs Go. :yo:

Tyler Biggs*

Going to be a lot more room on the ice for the guys who play with him. And he'll score a few goals too. He has a knack for scoring game winners. Clarkson is in that Lucic mold, makes him really hard to play against.

Dave Bolland has been such an awesome pick up this year, can't wait for Clarkson to step on the ice and show all the haters why he was highly touted this offseason. Sandpaper baby!!!!! GLG

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
0-3 this year against C Cities, 7-0 against the rest of the league, does not bode well for this game

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
0-3 this year against C Cities, 7-0 against the rest of the league, does not bode well for this game

if we lose - I am not doing the GDT on Wednesday. the end. lmao :laugh:
(I don't believe in things like that heh).

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Going to be a lot more room on the ice for the guys who play with him. And he'll score a few goals too. He has a knack for scoring game winners. Clarkson is in that Lucic mold, makes him really hard to play against.

Dave Bolland has been such an awesome pick up this year, can't wait for Clarkson to step on the ice and show all the haters why he was highly touted this offseason. Sandpaper baby!!!!! GLG

Hey Colton Orr, are you and Hockey Enforcer one and the same?

Asif16*

Also to note

If lupul does indeed play...Leivo will probably not play. Leivo was sent down and only called up if lupul couldnt go. So if lupul does play the lineup will most likely look like

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Clarkson
Raymond-Bolland-Mcclement
Bodie/MClaren-Smith-Orr

Asif16*

Lol , I needed a good laugh. Wtf does this even mean..:laugh:

Do you actually not know what it means or are you being sarcastic?

Well, if you dont he just means that so far our 3 losses has come to cities that start with the letter "C". Colorado, carolina and Chicago.

Since Columbus starts with a C as well, he is saying it doesnt bode well lol

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Do you actually not know what it means or are you being sarcastic?

Well, if you dont he just means that so far our 3 losses has come to cities that start with the letter "C". Colorado, carolina and Chicago.

Since Columbus starts with a C as well, he is saying it doesnt bode well lol

Yea yea I know what he was saying, but I couldn't help but laugh at that logic.

Babscocks

Jan 7, 2011
Edmonton
I'm not even old at all, considered myself a pretty diehard pokemoner growing up, and I can't name one of those pokemon in those pictures haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad