Proposal: Time To Trade David Krejci

Fierce1

Nov 13, 2006
Nova Scotia
I'm not onboard with trading Krejci but at the point when PC starts negotiating an extension and he's not comfortable with the number then by all means do what you got to do.

I think Teows and Kane's asking price is putting the Hawks in a difficult position to win more cups after this year. Two elite players but the remainder of the roster will suffer if they get 10+ million. Good thing Keith is bargain basement for a long long time.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
It all depends on what Krejci and Soderberg's contract demands are, if there's a chance to keep all 3 then the Bruins are looking damn good down the middle as they are all entering their primes at the same. Bergeron, Krejci and Soderberg as your top 3 C's could be something special for a few years, if you're able to keep them all.

If you can go Lucic-Krejci, Marchand-Bergeron and Eriksson-Soderberg and fill in the other wing spots with younger/cheaper guys then you're sitting pretty.

Agree. Let these 3 wings positions go to ELC and cheap UFA and enjoy a perennial Cup contending team.

Kaoz*

Agree. Let these 3 wings positions go to ELC and cheap UFA and enjoy a perennial Cup contending team.

You think the Bruins will be perennial Cup contenders with two ELC/Cheap UFA wings in the top 6?

Looking at who Boston currently has in the system to meet the criteria, or who would currently qualify as a cheap UFA (perhaps we have different views on what constitutes a cheap UFA) I'm not sure how one would get to that conclusion.

Doubt that happens anyway, they'll have Eriksson slide up into the top line RW spot and pray he can be what he was in Dallas. Might even see Smith there (though I think he's perilously close to getting pigeon holed onto Bergeron's right side by CJ (not that that's a bad place for him).

Third line will probably be where your ELC's/Cheap UFA's fit, and considering how important that 3rd line is to the way this team is built that may not necessarily be ideal.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Kesler got a cheap top 6 center who actually produced at the same rate as Kesler, a young big D with upside and a #1.

If I could get a top 6 cheap RW, a young two way D with upside and a first I could flip at the deadline, I would think long and hard IF Krejci's demands were high and Carl's were reasonable.

It is interesting. What is the perceived value of Krajci versus Kessler. I think David is the better player. But it seems that Kessler has almost a superstar reputation in the league, and yet I don't think Krejci does.

I think I say no to the deal Vancouver got, if that same deal were offered for Krejci. Now someone might create a similar type of offer that I might take.

The Dangly One

Dangle dangle goal
Jun 13, 2011
For what it's worth, he has similar stats to what Krejci had in both the AHL and NHL at the same age.

Krejci became the Krejci we know after given the ice time (unfortunately due to injury). It wouldn't be ridiculous to think Spooner could have a similar career path.

And a million other players have had similar stats to that as well. Means nothing

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
It is interesting. What is the perceived value of Krajci versus Kessler. I think David is the better player. But it seems that Kessler has almost a superstar reputation in the league, and yet I don't think Krejci does.

I think I say no to the deal Vancouver got, if that same deal were offered for Krejci. Now someone might create a similar type of offer that I might take.

Krejci is a better player but Kesler had the 40 goal season is American, is a bit edgy and is so hunky when you he has a playoff beard is welling up with tears in the hand shake line. Chiarelli likely has 0 thought on trading him and all on resigning him. I'm amazed at the comments on this thread

supersonic jet

Jun 22, 2014
Winnipeg
Krejci is a better player but Kesler had the 40 goal season is American, is a bit edgy and is so hunky when you he has a playoff beard is welling up with tears in the hand shake line. Chiarelli likely has 0 thought on trading him and all on resigning him. I'm amazed at the comments on this thread
what do you want for krejci for his last yr of contract you can sign him again the following yr when cap go's up

bostonwinscup

Aug 8, 2011
WATERLOO ON CANADA
if we plan to make a trade move
brad marchand would be first on my list
what he pulled off during the playoffs was
an embarrassment stupidity and idiot antics
It looked like he didn't care if we won or lost
many open nets he missed dumb penalitys
id move him in a heart beat
I can also see chris Kelly being moved on dur to age
and salary cap also maquaid .

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
Thank You, You basically proved my point! With the cap going up next yr, The salary's will rise as well obviously. Hence why I said Krejci will be asking upward of 7 mil and he'll easily get it, as it will become a bidding war for his services.

Krecjis value is pretty high around the league right know and with the Bruins depth at Center I wouldn't give him a 7mil+ per deal when I can use the money in a more needed area such as a scoring winger or top d-man.

What depth? Patrice Bergeron (concussion history), Yeti (pending UFA, still unproven), Ryan Spooner (totally unproven), Greg Campbell (4th liner who should have been bought out) and Koko (less proven than Spooner).

Where is the depth that gives us the ability to trade an at WORST #2 centerman?

Trading Krejci (or letting him walk as a UFA) a year after trading Tyler Seguin because you wanted to retain Bergeron and Krejci would be a colossally stupid move.

What scoring winger are we signing? Go have a look at the UFA list for 2015. It's not good.

David Krejci at 7 million is a ****ing STEAL.

member 96824

I don't know if I would say Krejci at 7m is a steal. I would say a fair deal for him.

Im not sure I want Krejci at 7m though. Im a huge fan, but for a guy that has had issues throughout his career of putting forth consistent efforts, thats a large cap %. This season was the first real full package since 08-09, and then he was a no show in the playoffs.

I also am a Soderberg believer. I think a Loui-Carl-lucic line would be legit.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
What depth? Patrice Bergeron (concussion history), Yeti (pending UFA, still unproven), Ryan Spooner (totally unproven), Greg Campbell (4th liner who should have been bought out) and Koko (less proven than Spooner).

Where is the depth that gives us the ability to trade an at WORST #2 centerman?

Trading Krejci (or letting him walk as a UFA) a year after trading Tyler Seguin because you wanted to retain Bergeron and Krejci would be a colossally stupid move.

What scoring winger are we signing? Go have a look at the UFA list for 2015. It's not good.

David Krejci at 7 million is a ****ing STEAL.
Agreed
Chia has compiled a few prospects who one day "might" be able to slide into full time NHL duty (I`d suggest Koko and Spoons could play right now on a few weaker teams) but I`m not willing to move a proven guy right now to push a kid through who, while I saw nice things out of him last season, I`m hardly comfortable saying he`s ready to play, in THIS system

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006

When Krejci was forced to play the PK because of Kelly's injury - when the penalty would expire, Claude didn't hesitate to rollout Looch-Carl-Iggy. If I'm recalling correctly, that line was able to have some good puck possession down low.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
When Krejci was forced to play the PK because of Kelly's injury - when the penalty would expire, Claude didn't hesitate to rollout Looch-Carl-Iggy. If I'm recalling correctly, that line was able to have some good puck possession down low.

Really pumped about watching Carl this coming year, I`m guessing he will feed off the game he and his line mates brought in the playoffs. What they were able to do might not be accurately reflected on the stat sheet but IMO, they were consistently the most solid line out there HOWEVER, have to wonder who those line mates will be this year

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
If Chiarelli wanted to trade Krejci, Seguin would still be a Bruin. Krejci stays, he's a great player, I'm hopeful Chia can lock him up to a fair deal

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
If Chiarelli wanted to trade Krejci, Seguin would still be a Bruin. Krejci stays, he's a great player, I'm hopeful Chia can lock him up to a fair deal

his track record has me secure that he will do just that

I`ve come around on DK a ton, no longer have I seen that completely disinterested regular season player who goes MIA for large chunks over the past two seasons

Was hardly impressed by his post season but I get that players sometimes just don`t have "it", heck, peek at Crosby`s last two post seasons as a good example(and no, not comparing Krejci to Crosby:))

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
if we plan to make a trade move
brad marchand would be first on my list
what he pulled off during the playoffs was
an embarrassment stupidity and idiot antics
It looked like he didn't care if we won or lost
many open nets he missed dumb penalitys
id move him in a heart beat
I can also see chris Kelly being moved on dur to age
and salary cap also maquaid .

Decaf, man. Decaf.

Rebel Bruin

Jan 7, 2014
Dublin
Krejci is absolute quality.

Gifted offensively, and pretty good defensively. Suits the system well.

Despite the last terrible showing he is proven in the post-season.

A long-term deal on the same money as Bergeron would be acceptable to me.

Kaoz*

No that would be the worst move the Bruins could possibly do right now. If he is still playing good why get rid of him?

A: Because players are harder to move and have little value when they're playing like ****.

A: Because center is the position Boston is most deep at.

A: Because the Bruins are cash strapped and moving him is one of the options to provide serious flexibility necessary for in season adjustments and deadline tinkering.

A: Because he's an upcoming UFA and will get paid either here or by someone likely to the tune of 7 million + which is pretty substantial for a 60 - 70 point center.

A: Because there are threads that are seriously debating the merits of adding guys like Peter Mueller and Lee Stempniak to this roster.

etc etc...

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I don't know if I would say Krejci at 7m is a steal. I would say a fair deal for him.

Im not sure I want Krejci at 7m though. Im a huge fan, but for a guy that has had issues throughout his career of putting forth consistent efforts, thats a large cap %. This season was the first real full package since 08-09, and then he was a no show in the playoffs.

Man I am right there with you on this one.

I'm so torn. On the one hand, I think he's the straw that stirs the drink that is the Bruins offense. If he's off, they aren't going anywhere. I think he's too often been underrated in this respect. The flip side is that he too often for my taste doesn't stir the drink. They can't win without him IMO as currently constituted, but they might be able to strengthen up the wings and then slide the centers up a line.

$7-$8m seems about the range you grin and bear it. Anything above that and I balk.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Man I am right there with you on this one.

I'm so torn. On the one hand, I think he's the straw that stirs the drink that is the Bruins offense. If he's off, they aren't going anywhere. I think he's too often been underrated in this respect. The flip side is that he too often for my taste doesn't stir the drink. They can't win without him IMO as currently constituted, but they might be able to strengthen up the wings and then slide the centers up a line.

$7-$8m seems about the range you grin and bear it. Anything above that and I balk.

Have to agree, when Krejci isn't on or isn't playing this team struggles. 2010 playoffs with a healthy bergy Chara Rask and Lucic, the team collapsed without him.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
people need to stop focusing on cap hits and instead start focusing on what percentage of the cap each player takes. The cap changes every year so this is a much more relevant number. Right now at 5.25 million Krejci takes up about 7.6 % of our team's 69 million cap. The real question is how much above that are we willing to go to keep him.

Kaoz*

Have to agree, when Krejci isn't on or isn't playing this team struggles. 2010 playoffs with a healthy bergy Chara Rask and Lucic, the team collapsed without him.

In 2010 they only had Bergeron and he still wasn't back to his usual self. Savard was a shadow that shouldn't have even been playing in the first place. Of course losing Krejci was pivotal, Trent Whitfield was our 2nd best center without him. Those days aren't at all comparable to these ones.

In 2011 they managed to get by Montreal without him. They also managed to get by Detroit without him quite handily this year as well. He's put in the position to be the straw that stirs the drink by the coaching staff, but really doesn't on a consistent enough basis. Luckily Boston has been blessed with incredible depth... Seguin, Marchand and Bergeron were at times one of the best lines out there and usurped the Krejci line as the defacto #1 unit (I remember distinctly folks opining that Bergeron, not Krejci, had the best wingers on the team and this was why Bergeron was outproducing DK). Only when it came to last years playoffs did that change and the what have you done for me lately's forgot which line was better for the better part of the last two years (completely ignoring the fact that both Bergeron and Marchand were concussed just before the playoffs and missed time). Now there's no money for that type of depth. Boston will instead rely on guys like Reilly Smith and Loui Eriksson to fill in the missing holes. Hard to imagine them being better then Seguin (who outproduced everyone the two regular seasons he played in the top 6 here) and Horton (who doesn't get enough credit for being the playoff gem he was).

The team was built in such a way that it could withstand droughts from it's top players, and it was a good thing, because as far as consistent offensive producers go Boston wasn't overflowing with any. Lucic is probably one of their best now (considering how little ice time he gets compared to other top players in the NHL). Marchand is up there as well. Both are often more productive over the course of a season (again, considering ice time).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad