Proposal: Time To Trade David Krejci

Fierce1

Nov 13, 2006
Nova Scotia
Nobody is untradeable as we all know but it has to make sense. We're deep down the middle which to me is as important to Julien's system as our back line and our goalie. We can't take a good third line center or a young unproven center, move him into the 1-2 spot and assume he'll be successful. The only time you do things like that is if you're in a rebuilding or re-tooling situation. We're contenders we can't have Soda or Spooner in the 1 or 2 hole because it's a huge question mark. Krejci got his shot in the top six not because he was a great number 3 center (which he was) but because Bergeron and Savard had some serious injuries and we had no choice. Right now we have a choice, Krejci is very good at what he does and he buys in to the Bruin system.

Let's say we trade Krejci for a thirty goal winger, ask him to play a responsible two way game and watch his numbers go down 10-20%. If he decides not to buy into the system, he'll want out or Julien will want him out.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
so who is this awesome winger that we should trade Krejci for? I don't think there's really one available that would be good enough to offset the loss of Krejci

I haven`t heard any good arguments from the trade Krejci crew on who we should actually trade him for. I heard a top D man but who? The only player I would consider is Ryan Johansen, but how would Boston fans react if he made comments about the Bruins front office similar to the Blue Jackets front office.

Ned Bouhalassa

Mar 2, 2008
Montreal
Every time I see the title of this thread, I just feel like leaving the forum. I know I shouldn't let it get to me, but it does. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
I haven`t heard any good arguments from the trade Krejci crew on who we should actually trade him for. I heard a top D man but who? The only player I would consider is Ryan Johansen, but how would Boston fans react if he made comments about the Bruins front office similar to the Blue Jackets front office.

It's because you keep reading the thread with your fanboy glasses. It's not a reason in particular but a couple of reasons like the Cap, the value you can get from trading Krejci and the possibility to land an excellent winger or a young stud D-man. These two areas are weaknesses that we have to adress. If you want quality, you give quality. Now, we absolutely don't know which direction the team will go. They might elect to trade Lucic instead but since the wings are a weakness i don't see this happening.

PS: Nobody in this forum want to "dump" Krejci or think that he's a 4th line plug. Sometimes, you need to make a decision. It's simple as that.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
It's because you keep reading the thread with your fanboy glasses. It's not a reason in particular but a couple of reasons like the Cap, the value you can get from trading Krejci and the possibility to land an excellent winger or a young stud D-man. These two areas are weaknesses that we have to adress. If you want quality, you give quality. Now, we absolutely don't know which direction the team will go. They might elect to trade Lucic instead but since the wings are a weakness i don't see this happening.

PS: Nobody in this forum want to "dump" Krejci or think that he's a 4th line plug. Sometimes, you need to make a decision. It's simple as that.

The way I feel about this team is this. Krejci and Bergeron are our two best players, just like Manny and Ortiz were in baseball. You don`t trade them, you lock them up for a long time and build around them. They have PROVEN success in this league and you don`t mess with that. The Bruins and Sox FO both did this and it led to championships. Pretty simple.

Getzlaf Perry - Cup
Malkin Crosby - Cup
Zetterberg Datzyuk - Cup
Bergeron Krejci - Cup
Toews Kane - Cup
Kopitar, Brown - Cup

Last edited:

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006
The way I feel about this team is this. Krejci and Bergeron are our two best players, just like Manny and Ortiz were in baseball. You don`t trade them, you lock them up for a long time and build around them. They have PROVEN success in this league and you don`t mess with that. The Bruins and Sox FO both did this and it led to championships. Pretty simple.

Getzlaf Perry - Cup
Malkin Crosby - Cup
Zetterberg Datzyuk - Cup
Bergeron Krejci - Cup
Toews Kane - Cup
Kopitar, Brown - Cup

You left out Pronger, Lidstrom, Chara, Keith, and Doughty.

I love Krejci, but he's not better than Chara.

Kaoz*

Getzlaf Perry - Cup
Malkin Crosby - Cup
Zetterberg Datzyuk - Cup
Bergeron Krejci - Cup
Toews Kane - Cup
Kopitar, Brown - Cup

Tim Thomas was our two best players. Then Bergeron, Krejci, Chara, Horton, Marchand, and Seids.

I've never seen more of a team effort to get to the cup, attributing it to any two players is disingenuous. Guys like Ryder, Seguin, Peverley, etc.. also all had game changing impacts, literally changed certain games which directly lead to a Boston win. In 7 game series where 1 goal was often the difference, they were difference makers.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Tim Thomas was our two best players. Then Bergeron, Krejci, Chara, Horton, Marchand, and Seids.

I've never seen more of a team effort to get to the cup, attributing it to any two players is disingenuous. Guys like Ryder, Seguin, Peverley, etc.. also all had game changing impacts, literally changed certain games which directly lead to a Boston win. In 7 game series where 1 goal was often the difference, they were difference makers.

to expand Kaoz I think much of our success starts at the center position and of course that is paired with a dominant Dman, it is a team game. It`s not just about the cup run its about the whole season.

Last edited:

member 96824

Getzlaf Perry - Cup
Malkin Crosby - Cup
Zetterberg Datzyuk - Cup
Bergeron Krejci - Cup
Toews Kane - Cup
Kopitar, Brown - Cup

uhhh...

member 96824

to expand Kaoz I think much of our success starts at the center position and of course that is paired with a dominant Dman, it is a team game. It`s not just about the cup run its about the whole season.

Our two runs were on the backs of historically good goaltending no?

Its all about the cup run. Always. Forever. Regular season doesnt matter. The goal is to win cups.

Youre arguing for a guy who's regular season efforts have been historically spotty at best. Youd probably be best to keep it to playoffs.

NiKrejci

May 11, 2009

Getzlaf Perry - Cup
Malkin Crosby - Cup
Zetterberg Datzyuk - Cup
Bergeron Krejci - Cup
Toews Kane - Cup
Kopitar, Brown - Cup

Getz and Perry were like 3rd liners the year they won the cup. Brown isn't even a top 5 player on the kings.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Getz and Perry were like 3rd liners the year they won the cup. Brown isn't even a top 5 player on the kings.

Getz was an unstoppable force on that cup run from what I remember, and Dustin Brown is the heart and soul of that team. He had good numbers their two cup runs.

Kaoz*

I have to be honest KrejciMVP, I almost blocked you after reading you say Krejci would beat Chara one on one, and I don't block anyone unless the mods do it for me. I'm holding out hope you didn't mean in hockey though, maybe a Napoleon Dynamite lookalike contest or something.

This team is built around Chara and Rask. Before that it was built around Chara and Thomas. We lost one of the best centers in the game in Savard who put up a PPG and didn't miss a beat dropping down to a 60 point per season Krejci. They lost Kessel and their offense suffered, but were lucky enough to obtain both Horton and Seguin who matured into two of the best wings the Bruins have had since Glenn Murray didn't suck.

All positions are important on this team. They don't succeed without solid goaltending, defense, depth at center and depth at wing. The depth at wing took a massive massive hit this year when Iginla left, exacerbated by the loss of both Seguin and Horton last year. Now the wing depth relies on Eriksson, a guy who has looked like a shell of his former self two years running now, and Reilly Smith (assuming Chia can fit him in under the cap). The center depth however is fantastic with Soderberg proving his mettle last year in the 3rd line center role and Spoooner, a kid who is putting up a PPG in the AHL (same way Krejci started). No, they aren't proven, but that will remain true until it no longer is. Bergeron is already every bit as good offensively as Krejci and far superior defensively. It's nice running with a 1a and 1b center, but it's also a luxury and one the Bruins may soon have to determine if they can afford. They'll essentially need to rob the wings to pay the centers, and that's an awful idea especially considering how reliant a guy like Krejci is on his wings. As they go, so does he.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere

Very well said and besides this center is the Bruins strength with Bergy, Soderberg, Spooner, Kelly, and Campbell all there as well.

The way Gms were giving money away this fA, Krejci and his agent are salivating at their mouth right now waiting for next yrs FA and more than likely pricing themselves way to high for the Bruins to anti-up. If and I say if the right deal is out there you make it.

I for one feel that are depth at center with Bergy and Soderberg as are top 2 and the promise that Spooner shows, the Bruins will be able to handle the loss of Krejci and thats not even figuring out who could come back the other way. But obviously there will be assets coming back and as much as we like to play GM only PC and company knows what's available and I have faith in them to pull the trigger if the right deal is there but you have to make trading Krejci and option in this salary cap era.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Very well said and besides this center is the Bruins strength with Bergy, Soderberg, Spooner, Kelly, and Campbell all there as well.

The way Gms were giving money away this fA, Krejci and his agent are salivating at their mouth right now waiting for next yrs FA and more than likely pricing themselves way to high for the Bruins to anti-up. If and I say if the right deal is out there you make it.

I for one feel that are depth at center with Bergy and Soderberg as are top 2 and the promise that Spooner shows, the Bruins will be able to handle the loss of Krejci and thats not even figuring out who could come back the other way. But obviously there will be assets coming back and as much as we like to play GM only PC and company knows what's available and I have faith in them to pull the trigger if the right deal is there but you have to make trading Krejci and option in this salary cap era.

Since the last time Krejci was approaching free agency, he (like Bergeron) re-signed before Christmas to a cap-friendly deal to stay in Boston, why would he and his agent be "salivating"?

The only targeted players Chiarelli has had difficulty re-signing the past few years have been Horton and Marchand; Horton didn't come up through the system, and Marchand's agent is notorious for driving hard bargains. Bergeron, Lucic, Seidenberg, Chara, Boychuk, Krejci himself, all have avoided the FA route and signed for what was undoubtedly lesser money.

It's certainly possible that Krejci is looking forward to free agency, but from his and the Bruins' history, to assume it's a given and to trade him now would make no sense. Actually, I would bet they're already in early negotiations to re-sign him.

77bestever*

Getzlaf Perry - Cup
Malkin Crosby - Cup
Zetterberg Datzyuk - Cup
Bergeron Krejci - Cup
Toews Kane - Cup
Kopitar, Brown - Cup

This is the best post of the thread....You could look back to the last 30 years as well

Yzerman-Federov
Sakic-Forsberg
Trottier-Sutter
Lemuex-Frances

That's like another 11 Cups.......This is undisputable evidence that two all star caliber centers are needed to win cups. Pretty much for sure....Now if you told me SODERBERG was a lock to become as good as Krejci, Then I might consider trading him.....But other then that he stays....

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
Since the last time Krejci was approaching free agency, he (like Bergeron) re-signed before Christmas to a cap-friendly deal to stay in Boston, why would he and his agent be "salivating"?

The only targeted players Chiarelli has had difficulty re-signing the past few years have been Horton and Marchand; Horton didn't come up through the system, and Marchand's agent is notorious for driving hard bargains. Bergeron, Lucic, Seidenberg, Chara, Boychuk, Krejci himself, all have avoided the FA route and signed for what was undoubtedly lesser money.

It's certainly possible that Krejci is looking forward to free agency, but from his and the Bruins' history, to assume it's a given and to trade him now would make no sense. Actually, I would bet they're already in early negotiations to re-sign him.

why would he and his agent be "salivating
$$$$$

Pc is no fool of course he's negotiating with Krejci and his agent right now to try and sign him to a reasonable deal, but he's also isn't going to take it for granted the way money was being thrown away this FA that Krejci is going to take a hometown discount when some other GM will throw millons more his way.

from his and the Bruins' history, to assume it's a given and to trade him now would make no sense.

Money Talks so if you can't reach an agreement you see whats out there and you jump on a good return. If I'd be a betting man Krejci is going to ask upward of 7mil for 5 plus yrs and that's way to much in my book so I'd send him packing especially with the Bruins depth at center. You deal from strength and center is the bruins biggest asset and considering Krejci value and circumstance he'd be the logical one to pedal.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
No doubt PC wants to keep 46 and I think in an ideal world we all do. This conversation is unravelling in typical hf fashion where people pick a side and start trying to tear down a player.

What we all have to just realize is that if we sign DK then it means CS and likely JB are gone.

I only said I would explore trading DK because he would bring back a healthy reutrn, give us cap flexibility and allow us to keep the majority in tact...and because we have amazing depth at center. It is NOT because I don't think he is good or that he is a problem.

Question- if you look at what Anaheim got for Kesler as a return would you make that deal?

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

why would he and his agent be "salivating
$$$$$

Pc is no fool of course he's negotiating with Krejci and his agent right now to try and sign him to a reasonable deal, but he's also isn't going to take it for granted the way money was being thrown away this FA that Krejci is going to take a hometown discount when some other GM will throw millons more his way.

from his and the Bruins' history, to assume it's a given and to trade him now would make no sense.

Money Talks so if you can't reach an agreement you see whats out there and you jump on a good return. If I'd be a betting man Krejci is going to ask upward of 7mil for 5 plus yrs and that's way to much in my book so I'd send him packing especially with the Bruins depth at center. You deal from strength and center is the bruins biggest asset and considering Krejci value and circumstance he'd be the logical one to pedal.

Him going for Stastny's deal (5 @ 7) is already a discount. When you take into account the cap should be getting a good sized bump next year, it's even more of a discount. 5 @ 7 is probably a better deal than you can hope for.

nlgb1

Dec 31, 2010

Getzlaf Perry - Cup
Malkin Crosby - Cup
Zetterberg Datzyuk - Cup
Bergeron Krejci - Cup
Toews Kane - Cup
Kopitar, Brown - Cup

I don't WANT to trade krejci, I love having three great centers. But it's not affordable. I think soderberg is just as good as krejci right now, I may be in the minority there, but he was our best player at many points in the playoffs.

If you move krejci, you avoid giving him a huge payday in free agency next year, and get back a top winger. There would most definitely be suitors for krejci if he was available.

Not to mention we are overflowing with centers. As of right now our two best prospects are centers and have nowhere to play on this roster the way it's currently made up. You move krejci, fill in a top winger, plug in spooner or koko and now the roster is a balanced and dangerous as its been in years. I could get used to that.

We all love krejci, but we would get over it once we see the lineups available to us after we trade him.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
It all depends on what Krejci and Soderberg's contract demands are, if there's a chance to keep all 3 then the Bruins are looking damn good down the middle as they are all entering their primes at the same. Bergeron, Krejci and Soderberg as your top 3 C's could be something special for a few years, if you're able to keep them all.

If you can go Lucic-Krejci, Marchand-Bergeron and Eriksson-Soderberg and fill in the other wing spots with younger/cheaper guys then you're sitting pretty.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
No doubt PC wants to keep 46 and I think in an ideal world we all do. This conversation is unravelling in typical hf fashion where people pick a side and start trying to tear down a player.

What we all have to just realize is that if we sign DK then it means CS and likely JB are gone.

I only said I would explore trading DK because he would bring back a healthy reutrn, give us cap flexibility and allow us to keep the majority in tact...and because we have amazing depth at center. It is NOT because I don't think he is good or that he is a problem.

Question- if you look at what Anaheim got for Kesler as a return would you make that deal?

Kesler got a cheap top 6 center who actually produced at the same rate as Kesler, a young big D with upside and a #1.

If I could get a top 6 cheap RW, a young two way D with upside and a first I could flip at the deadline, I would think long and hard IF Krejci's demands were high and Carl's were reasonable.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
Him going for Stastny's deal (5 @ 7) is already a discount. When you take into account the cap should be getting a good sized bump next year, it's even more of a discount. 5 @ 7 is probably a better deal than you can hope for.

Thank You, You basically proved my point! With the cap going up next yr, The salary's will rise as well obviously. Hence why I said Krejci will be asking upward of 7 mil and he'll easily get it, as it will become a bidding war for his services.

Krecjis value is pretty high around the league right know and with the Bruins depth at Center I wouldn't give him a 7mil+ per deal when I can use the money in a more needed area such as a scoring winger or top d-man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad