Proposal: Time To Trade David Krejci

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
what do you want for krejci for his last yr of contract you can sign him again the following yr when cap go's up

It will snow this week in Boston before Krejci is traded before the March trading deadline and for that to happen the Bruins would have to do a Red Sox free fall and Krejci both plays well and spurns an offer. If this was a deal I had to make I'd try and go get either the kid the Canes drafted 5th overall Elias Lindholm who Boston coveted last year if they could have moved Seguin.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
In 2010 they only had Bergeron and he still wasn't back to his usual self. Savard was a shadow that shouldn't have even been playing in the first place. Of course losing Krejci was pivotal, Trent Whitfield was our 2nd best center without him. Those days aren't at all comparable to these ones.

In 2011 they managed to get by Montreal without him. They also managed to get by Detroit without him quite handily this year as well. He's put in the position to be the straw that stirs the drink by the coaching staff, but really doesn't on a consistent enough basis. Luckily Boston has been blessed with incredible depth... Seguin, Marchand and Bergeron were at times one of the best lines out there and usurped the Krejci line as the defacto #1 unit (I remember distinctly folks opining that Bergeron, not Krejci, had the best wingers on the team and this was why Bergeron was outproducing DK). Only when it came to last years playoffs did that change and the what have you done for me lately's forgot which line was better for the better part of the last two years (completely ignoring the fact that both Bergeron and Marchand were concussed just before the playoffs and missed time). Now there's no money for that type of depth. Boston will instead rely on guys like Reilly Smith and Loui Eriksson to fill in the missing holes. Hard to imagine them being better then Seguin (who outproduced everyone the two regular seasons he played in the top 6 here) and Horton (who doesn't get enough credit for being the playoff gem he was).

The team was built in such a way that it could withstand droughts from it's top players, and it was a good thing, because as far as consistent offensive producers go Boston wasn't overflowing with any. Lucic is probably one of their best now (considering how little ice time he gets compared to other top players in the NHL). Marchand is up there as well. Both are often more productive over the course of a season (again, considering ice time).

Loved Horton when he was here. Scored goals, fought, came up huge in so many situations. Would love to get him back if possible

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
In 2010 they only had Bergeron and he still wasn't back to his usual self. Savard was a shadow that shouldn't have even been playing in the first place. Of course losing Krejci was pivotal, Trent Whitfield was our 2nd best center without him. Those days aren't at all comparable to these ones.

In 2011 they managed to get by Montreal without him. They also managed to get by Detroit without him quite handily this year as well. He's put in the position to be the straw that stirs the drink by the coaching staff, but really doesn't on a consistent enough basis. Luckily Boston has been blessed with incredible depth... Seguin, Marchand and Bergeron were at times one of the best lines out there and usurped the Krejci line as the defacto #1 unit (I remember distinctly folks opining that Bergeron, not Krejci, had the best wingers on the team and this was why Bergeron was outproducing DK). Only when it came to last years playoffs did that change and the what have you done for me lately's forgot which line was better for the better part of the last two years (completely ignoring the fact that both Bergeron and Marchand were concussed just before the playoffs and missed time). Now there's no money for that type of depth. Boston will instead rely on guys like Reilly Smith and Loui Eriksson to fill in the missing holes. Hard to imagine them being better then Seguin (who outproduced everyone the two regular seasons he played in the top 6 here) and Horton (who doesn't get enough credit for being the playoff gem he was).

The team was built in such a way that it could withstand droughts from it's top players, and it was a good thing, because as far as consistent offensive producers go Boston wasn't overflowing with any. Lucic is probably one of their best now (considering how little ice time he gets compared to other top players in the NHL). Marchand is up there as well. Both are often more productive over the course of a season (again, considering ice time).

A player not scoring is not the same thing as a player not playing. Not saying Krejci was great in either of the series you mentioned but it is way off base to say they won those series "without him" when he was playing 20 minutes per game and matching up against the opponents' top players. Statements like this are why i have a hard time having civil conversations with you.

Kaoz*

A player not scoring is not the same thing as a player not playing. Not saying Krejci was great in either of the series you mentioned but it is way off base to say they won those series "without him" when he was playing 20 minutes per game and matching up against the opponents' top players. Statements like this are why i have a hard time having civil conversations with you.

The actual reason we can't have a civil conversation Russ is because you can't get over the fact that I don't consider David Krejci one of the league's best top line centers.

Had you been paying attention, people were calling him the guy that stirred the Bruins offensive drink and how when he isn't on the Bruins struggle. Saying "we won without Krejci" in those cases was pointing out that that statement was not always necessarily true, as he was completely ineffective offensively in each case I mentioned and the Bruins still won. Not bad, considering a team often does and should rely on their top line center to produce. When you can cover them off not doing so for series at a time, that speaks highly of the rest of your team, something that I think is lacking when you say "as David Krejci goes so do the Bruins" and pointing to a time when again, Trent Whitfield was a viable top 6 option as proof of that.

Yes, we all know Krejci actually played in those games. Yes, we all know he was present. That wasn't the point.

Last edited by a moderator:

member 96824

Have to agree, when Krejci isn't on or isn't playing this team struggles. 2010 playoffs with a healthy bergy Chara Rask and Lucic, the team collapsed without him.

You've got an awfully odd definition of "healthy"

Lucic had an ankle nagging him. Chara had a finger that nagged him all season and I believe required surgery at the end. Tuukka was running on fumes.

This is of course, ignoring that that can't be looked at in a vacuum at all. There was a serious butterfly effect with Krejci going down, mixed with a complete choke job.

If I said, "Look at the Bruins after Kaberle left, the team hasn't won a cup without him," it would be a similar argument....yes it's true, but is that really the main reason?

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
I would trade Krejci of the right deal was offered... Seems like most people are keeping him barring a stud coming back

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
You're essentially saying replacing krejci with spooner. Spooner isn't proven and no where near krejci's caliber yet.

Nope, I'd say he's proposing --
Bump Bergeron up to Line 1, bump Soderberg up to line 2, and put Spooner in line 3. Then add talent gained from the Krejci trade. That's not an awful lineup. Spooner would likely be an upgrade over Campbell offensively, and Bergeron/Soderberg are legit top 6 centers.

The real question is what kind of return can we get for Krejci. Now if we can land a Stamkos level winger - then yeah you have to make that trade. But I'm not sure we can get fair value when a lot of teams know that we are cap strapped. There are not a lot of great young wingers out there with a lowish cap hit that would help with our cap woes.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Loved Horton when he was here. Scored goals, fought, came up huge in so many situations. Would love to get him back if possible

:shakehead

this is all I got

He`s officially a M.A.S.H. patient these days and I want no part of someone who wanted no part of the Bruins the first moment they had to leave town

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Nope, I'd say he's proposing --
Bump Bergeron up to Line 1, bump Soderberg up to line 2, and put Spooner in line 3. Then add talent gained from the Krejci trade. That's not an awful lineup. Spooner would likely be an upgrade over Campbell offensively, and Bergeron/Soderberg are legit top 6 centers.

The real question is what kind of return can we get for Krejci. Now if we can land a Stamkos level winger - then yeah you have to make that trade. But I'm not sure we can get fair value when a lot of teams know that we are cap strapped. There are not a lot of great young wingers out there with a lowish cap hit that would help with our cap woes.

Are there any wingers Stamkos level besides... Stamkos?

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Krejci is a guy who you trade when he is 33-34. In 4-5 years he'll still bring back a good winger in a trade. Just stupid to not take 3-4 more years of his prime.

Unless Malkin is on the table.

We just will have to be more open to giving guys different roles. Not much depth at forward so have to move the good and proven 6-7 pieces we have around.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Just curious, with Toews and Kane getting 10.5 million each... what is the tipping point of either 1) let Krejci walk or 2) trade him? I'm assuming the option they want is to re-sign him, but with our cap situation, how much do you invest in Krejci? I think those contracts could haunt the Blackhawks.

Yes, there is quite a bit of debate of what tier Krejci falls in overall in the NHL. But at what pay do we say no? Honestly, I personally, wouldn't keep him if he is insisting on over 7.25, but I'm sure some people would allow more leeway. Krejci could accept hometown discount, but if he's not, how high do we go? Thoughts?

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
Dom, not sure if you are just trying to start a riot, but that list just refers to each team's number 1 centers next year, not the top 30 centers overall. Hence why its one guy from each team. Or did I just completely misinterpret the point of your post?

ksp1957

Apr 11, 2006
South Shore
I think Dom just listed the number one centers for each team. Patrice Bergeron is the Bruins #1 center. David Krejci isn't.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
“He’s not on billboards. He’s not a superstar. He’s not the poster boy for anybody,” forward Shawn Thornton said Monday, “but I think he likes that. He’s an unbelievable team guy that just wants to be there with his teammates. And I think that’s more important than anything.”

“In the big games, he definitely shines,” Boston defenceman Andrew Ference said. “He’s a pretty cool customer as far as not getting too rattled about things. I think that definitely helps him in the big games and in the big moments where he doesn’t let anything anxious get into his hands or his mind when he’s making the decisions.”

He’s a good player,” Boston coach Claude Julien said. “Why should he be different than Crosby or Malkin, who are good players?”

7 more years coming!

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River
“He’s not on billboards. He’s not a superstar. He’s not the poster boy for anybody,†forward Shawn Thornton said Monday, “but I think he likes that. He’s an unbelievable team guy that just wants to be there with his teammates. And I think that’s more important than anything.â€

“In the big games, he definitely shines,†Boston defenceman Andrew Ference said. “He’s a pretty cool customer as far as not getting too rattled about things. I think that definitely helps him in the big games and in the big moments where he doesn’t let anything anxious get into his hands or his mind when he’s making the decisions.â€

He’s a good player,†Boston coach Claude Julien said. “Why should he be different than Crosby or Malkin, who are good players?â€

7 more years coming!

You aren't biased about this player at all. Which is good, it makes for more rational discussions.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
I don't think Chiarelli will trade Krejci but if he thinks about he should call the Oilers. Get a RH winger that the Bruins desperately need.

Krejci + mid level prospect (Griffiths)

for

Eberle

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
To answer the main question, no. No it's not time to trade David Krejci. I plan on him being a Bruin for his whole career.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I think Dom just listed the number one centers for each team. Patrice Bergeron is the Bruins #1 center. David Krejci isn't.

Krejci had over a minute more TOI per game than Bergeron last season fwiw. has also averaged more TOI than Bergeron in the last 4 playoff seasons. Just sayin'

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I don't think Chiarelli will trade Krejci but if he thinks about he should call the Oilers. Get a RH winger that the Bruins desperately need.

Krejci + mid level prospect (Griffiths)

for

Eberle

I think you'd need to throw in more on the Bruins side, and even then not sure why the Oilers would do it, but this would definitely help the Bruins because Eberle's 6 million would be awesome for the next 5 years.

ksp1957

Apr 11, 2006
South Shore
Krejci had over a minute more TOI per game than Bergeron last season fwiw. has also averaged more TOI than Bergeron in the last 4 playoff seasons. Just sayin'

Bruins 2013-14 playoff stats:

Patrice Bergeron 3 goals 6 assists for 9 points and a +1
David Krejci 0 goals 4 assists for 4 points and a -3

Just sayin :D

Fierce1

Nov 13, 2006
Nova Scotia
Bruins 2013-14 playoff stats:

Patrice Bergeron 3 goals 6 assists for 9 points and a +1
David Krejci 0 goals 4 assists for 4 points and a -3

Just sayin :D

As we know line matching in the playoffs is on a whole other level than the regular season. Let's face it, based on Krejci's past playoff performances, he goes against the opposition's top D pairing and best checking line. With that said I think the Krejci line with Lucic and Iggy were too slow, too predictable and it was easily defended in the playoffs. I loved Iggy on our team but I think that line needed an injection of either speed or creativity or both.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad