Proposal: Time To Trade David Krejci

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Billy Jaffe asked would you trade Krejci? "Hell no"

Says you win down the middle, Krejci extremely respected around league, and cap projected next year at $75,

Also said similar about Boychuk

Jeff from Maine

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Paille goes into the top nine in any scenario for me. A reinvention that leaves him on the fourth line at this point, might as well trade him now with a year left on a deal when he most certainly would leave the org. IMO his timely playoff contributions and good citizenship on the fourth line made him deserving of an extension and position at 3LW.

That, and do the Bruins really want to keep shedding their faster forwards?

Bingo!

The more I think about it doc, the more I want to see something like this to start the season:

Lucic- Krejci- Eriksson
Marchand- Bergeron- Smith
Paille- Soderberg- Spooner/Kohklachev
Kelly- Campbell- Fraser

I really think that's the way to go.

Later

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Bingo!

The more I think about it doc, the more I want to see something like this to start the season:

Lucic- Krejci- Eriksson
Kelly- Campbell- Fraser

Later

As far as I know, the Dallas trio are the only lefties that can and have played the right side. The discussion on here for years has been that Spooner needs to play center rather than wing. How is he going to play his off-wing when he can't apparently even play LW?

ksp1957

Apr 11, 2006
South Shore
Bingo!

Lucic- Krejci- Eriksson
Kelly- Campbell- Fraser

Later

I could live with this up front. Defense will be interesting based on how well Seids comes back from his injury.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
As far as I know, the Dallas trio are the only lefties that can and have played the right side. The discussion on here for years has been that Spooner needs to play center rather than wing. How is he going to play his off-wing when he can't apparently even play LW?

I mean anyone CAN play wing, but his size certainly doesn't fit in well with the Bruins board game, his playmaking is neutered if he isn't in the middle of the ice, and he isn't a guy that has the shot that will make the extra opportunities wing affords you worthwhile. Putting him on the off-wing in the one-timer position passing off his backhand plays to his strengths even worse.

I really think he is centering a more offensively focused 4th line.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
Krejci is not a 7.5per player. Bruins don't have that luxuary.

In a World where Dave Bolland makes 5.5 million a year? Yes, Krejci is indeed a $7.5 million a year player. With the cap guaranteed to rise next year and the new cap space they will have they do have the luxury and he's not a luxury they can afford to lose.

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
In a World where Dave Bolland makes 5.5 million a year? Yes, Krejci is indeed a $7.5 million a year player. With the cap guaranteed to rise next year and the new cap space they will have they do have the luxury and he's not a luxury they can afford to lose.

David Krejci is no Crosby so... yes, the Bruins can survive without him. Bergeron is more valuable then any other forward on this team and like it or not, the team need to do their homework regarding Spooner. The guy deserve a chance to show what he can do in the NHL and it's pretty much out of the question that they redo another "let put this guy at the wings because we have no place for him at his natural position" thing. The way Soderberg blossomed when he play at C should convince the Bruins that they need to play Spooner at C.

Teams draft and develop young players to replace older ones. That's the way it work. Now, you have Krejci, Boychuk, Lucic, Soderberg and co to re-sign. You just can't put the pink glasses on and think that the team will re-sign all of these guys. If you have to deal someone, you trade the guy who played the postion you have depth on. If you add that Chara and Seidenberg will slowly but surely decline, the Bruins need a solution to help Hamilton to take the slack. A player like Krejci will give you the opportunity to acquire someone to help the team long term.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
David Krejci is no Crosby so... yes, the Bruins can survive without him. Bergeron is more valuable then any other forward on this team and like it or not, the team need to do their homework regarding Spooner. The guy deserve a chance to show what he can do in the NHL and it's pretty much out of the question that they redo another "let put this guy at the wings because we have no place for him at his natural position" thing. The way Soderberg blossomed when he play at C should convince the Bruins that they need to play Spooner at C.

Teams draft and develop young players to replace older ones. That's the way it work. Now, you have Krejci, Boychuk, Lucic, Soderberg and co to re-sign. You just can't put the pink glasses on and think that the team will re-sign all of these guys. If you have to deal someone, you trade the guy who played the postion you have depth on. If you add that Chara and Seidenberg will slowly but surely decline, the Bruins need a solution to help Hamilton to take the slack. A player like Krejci will give you the opportunity to acquire someone to help the team long term.

With Krejci as the helm this team is a Stanley Cup contender and powerhouse in the east. We trade him and our power ranking goes way down. I guess some Boston fans just like to pedal up hill.

member 96824

With Krejci as the helm this team is a Stanley Cup contender and powerhouse in the east. We trade him and our power ranking goes way down. I guess some Boston fans just like to pedal up hill.

Before knowing the return its truly impossible to judge any trade at all.

All you do with posts like this is expose an inherent bias with the topic.

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006

The word is trade implying a return.

The title of the thread is not "Time to Outright Release David Krejci"

This falls right in line with things like "Bruins record without Chris Kelly or Andrew Ference" without context it's meaningless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad