Proposal: Time To Trade David Krejci

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
The only guy that really fits the bill at winger is Gustav Nyquist from Detroit. Cheap winger that can score and has potential to be on the team a long time to come. Not Chia's or Neely's type of player though as I think they look for size.

Plus doubt Detroit would move him even for Krejci...

We need a cost controlled wing who can haul ass and doesn't need a written invitation to rip it. I'd say Nyquist fits the bill nicely. If a big plodding skater would cut it they could just throw Caron up there. Can you imagine? This place would implode and suck the whole internet into it's vortex.

They have to know they need speed and finish. Bergy and Soda aren't blessed in the speed dept, either. Although they do deal w/ it better. But I think the wings know they have something special in Nyquist. Further, w/ Datsyuk and Zetterberg they aren't really on the market for a center. I like the idea, though.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
We need a cost controlled wing who can haul ass and doesn't need a written invitation to rip it. I'd say Nyquist fits the bill nicely. If a big plodding skater would cut it they could just throw Caron up there. Can you imagine? This place would implode and suck the whole internet into it's vortex.

They have to know they need speed and finish. Bergy and Soda aren't blessed in the speed dept, either. Although they do deal w/ it better. But I think the wings know they have something special in Nyquist. Further, w/ Datsyuk and Zetterberg they aren't really on the market for a center.

Neely08, how would you feel if DK was moved for a top 6 winger, and we went into the season with Bergy/Yeti/Spooner/Campbell down the middle?

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Neely08, how would you feel if DK was moved for a top 6 winger, and we went into the season with Bergy/Yeti/Spooner/Campbell down the middle?

I think it's a big leap of faith that Bergy/Soda can deliver on the order of Krejci/Bergeron, and that Spooner can give you legit secondary scoring. Soda makes a very convincing case, no doubt. However, the way this team is built, from the goalie out, and the system and structure they play. I'm even more nervous a/b losing a durable veteran playoff warrior like Boychuk, and being serious a/b a Cup run w/ both Chara and Seids aging.

If the D isn't there on a defense first team, any kind of setback (i.e. injury) like last year, and you're cooked. Add for any kind of buck fever (i.e.games 6,7). Also, you're recovering 3.3 mil trading Boychuk? If you're serious a/b getting back cap space and trading from strength, it's not the only option.

Either way it's a gamble, a big one, and going to be painful. Comes down to whether or not they believe they're contenders right now, or not. I think they are. The only other option is getting rid of Kelly, and unloading your best prospects and picks to bring back a wing that works within that cap space. 3mil doesn't guarantee you top 6 material.

Tough call, glad it's not my job.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
I don't want Krejci traded, but here's what I think should happen. When Krejci goes into one of his season funks (it will happen unless he has a career year), I'd like to see Soderberg moved up and play with Lucic and Eriksson or whomever is on the top line. Let's see what he can do against top pairing guys before anyone thinks Soderberg is legit top six player who can replace Krejci.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
I don't want Krejci traded, but here's what I think should happen. When Krejci goes into one of his season funks (it will happen unless he has a career year), I'd like to see Soderberg moved up and play with Lucic and Eriksson or whomever is on the top line. Let's see what he can do against top pairing guys before anyone thinks Soderberg is legit top six player who can replace Krejci.

CJ doesn't do that though, does he? He had that option all season last year, and through two playoff series where DK was struggling against speed and structure. Although, anytime DK had PK duty, and CJ answered w/ Soda and Lucic, they pretty much dominated and there was no answer. About all we have to go on. Why it's a huge leap of faith.

And I don't think anyone wants to deal DK. I'm not his biggest fan, and I surely don't do it unless it's a homerun. Can't forget he's led us in scoring twice on two deep runs. Could Bergy step up w/ better wings? I don't know a D pairing in this league that could contain Bergy and Lucic physically on the same line.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Could Bergy step up w/ better wings?

Would that be an effective strategy for the Bruins? Bergeron in five seasons has scored 9 fewer points than Krejci. When you consider his role is more defensive, he's giving the Bruins the same offence while shutting down the best players. Giving Bergeron 'better wingers' is changing his role to a primarily offensive role, while I think he would score more points I am not sure if the Bruins would be a better team with his role changed.

Bergeron doesn't need to step up, I think the difference between him and Krejci offensively is exaggerated. I would like to see what Soderberg can do offensively against top pairings for an extended period of time.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
CJ doesn't do that though, does he? He had that option all season last year, and through two playoff series where DK was struggling against speed and structure. Although, anytime DK had PK duty, and CJ answered w/ Soda and Lucic, they pretty much dominated and there was no answer. About all we have to go on. Why it's a huge leap of faith.

And I don't think anyone wants to deal DK. I'm not his biggest fan, and I surely don't do it unless it's a homerun. Can't forget he's led us in scoring twice on two deep runs. Could Bergy step up w/ better wings? I don't know a D pairing in this league that could contain Bergy and Lucic physically on the same line.

The guy who doesn't want to trade Krejci is sitting in his office at TD Garden, and he's the only person who counts.

I mean, I understand that this is a discussion board, and people like to speculate, but nothing anyone says here is going to have any influence on what Chiarelli thinks. And to Chiarelli, Krejci is part of the core, so much so that he sought his input about Eriksson moving to his wing when it became clear Iginla was going elsewhere.

This discussion is akin to Medieval clergymen arguing how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. Entertaining, perhaps, but ultimately pointless.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Would that be an effective strategy for the Bruins? Bergeron in five seasons has scored 9 fewer points than Krejci. When you consider his role is more defensive, he's giving the Bruins the same offence while shutting down the best players. Giving Bergeron 'better wingers' is changing his role to a primarily offensive role, while I think he would score more points I am not sure if the Bruins would be a better team with his role changed.

Bergeron doesn't need to step up, I think the difference between him and Krejci offensively is exaggerated. I would like to see what Soderberg can do offensively against top pairings for an extended period of time.

I don't think there is a chance than Bergeron + Soderberg could equal Krejci + Bergeron...

The question is
Soderberg + Bergeron + Spooner + winger you get for Krejci

or

Krejci + Bergeron + Soderberg + I don't know...Matt Fraser?

If you think those two are close, the keep in mind than Krejci might be taking 8 million in cap space after next year and reconsider.

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
I don't think there is a chance than Bergeron + Soderberg could equal Krejci + Bergeron...

The question is
Soderberg + Bergeron + Spooner + winger you get for Krejci

or

Krejci + Bergeron + Soderberg + I don't know...Matt Fraser?

If you think those two are close, the keep in mind than Krejci might be taking 8 million in cap space after next year and reconsider.

Hahahaha Krejci is not getting 8 mil in Boston.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston

No, I was just dreaming and making an example of how it could open things up and change the dynamics. Put those two guys on the same line, and the opposing D-pairing's manhood would run for cover somewhere in their lower abdomen after one shift. Just two guys that will suck the life out of your legs and will, b/c they're physical and impossible to get off the puck most of the time. Wouldn't be fair.

Two Selke trophies, Bergy is never going to escape the tougher defensive assignment at this point. I should have phrased that differently. I never worry a/b Patrice Bergeron. Human swiss army knife. Or as Kirk says -- Mr. Everything.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
The guy who doesn't want to trade Krejci is sitting in his office at TD Garden, and he's the only person who counts.

I mean, I understand that this is a discussion board, and people like to speculate, but nothing anyone says here is going to have any influence on what Chiarelli thinks. And to Chiarelli, Krejci is part of the core, so much so that he sought his input about Eriksson moving to his wing when it became clear Iginla was going elsewhere.

This discussion is akin to Medieval clergymen arguing how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. Entertaining, perhaps, but ultimately pointless.

Someone asked me my opinion, and I gave it. Next time I'll be more relevant and discuss the wind speed on planet Jupiter in autumn. Gotcha.

77bestever*

Trade David Krejci......LOL,LOL, Now I have heard it all. Because we have Ryan Spooner. Let the Ryan Spooner era begin. I am cracking up right now.

Krejci outside of this year has probably been our MVP from our 2010 playoffs till now. When he got hurt we lost four straight to Philly....Guy has led the NHL playoffs in scoring.....And this guy wants to replace him with Ryan "Shrimpy" Spooner. A guy that I believe may never be anu better then a Cliff Ronning type guy and probably not even close to as good....

If we trade guys it needs to be Marchand, Krug and Seidenberg if anyone would take him.

This way we can get the number one DMAN we need to go along with number 1A Dougie.

Marchand, KRUG and a prospect could maybe land us that player.

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River
We're more likely to see an 8-year extension for Krejci than a trade, no matter how much sense it may make. The front office loves him as much as Pitt loves Crosby.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
I love him...he is my favorite player, but... I think it is time to move David Krejci.

This solves all our cap woes and some other problems.

I'll play.

1) Spooner becomes one of our top 3 centres. Let the Spooner era begin.

He's proven nothing. Who does he play with? Makes our 3rd line a disaster area. We need salary cap space, agreed. You don't trade your #1B center to clear cap space.

2) This move along with somehow clearing Kelly's contract, gives the Bs $6M to use at the trading deadline for any needs (in case Spooner doesn't work out, or to get a winger, etc...).

You are creating needs to fill needs at the trading deadline when prices are through the roof. You don't trade a top 6 center and HOPE you can replace him at the trade deadline if the player you are using to replace him doesn't work out. You don't create cap room, moving a top 6 forward in anticipation of being able to make a move at the trade deadline.

3) It allows us to keep our D together. We won't have to move anyone here.

It may do that but, Johnny Boychuk is leaving at the end of the year unless he signs a very team friendly extension. The defense is currently together but a move MUST be made, regardless of the cap situation. I don't want to see Johnny Boychuk moved but he has good value and he won't be back in 2015. It's simply unaffordable.

He will be looking at 5.5 million a year as a starting point. For fun let's say he receives 5, which is far too low.

Doug Hamilton will be getting around 5.

Chara makes 6.9

Seidenberg makes 4.

That's north of 20 million on just your top 4 defense. It can't be done long term.

Trading Krejci so you can keep a defense together for one more year is not a good route to go, IMO.

4) It will likely get back a great pick or prospects or a great cheap young winger.
In a capped league, no one is trading a good young winger who is cheap as well for a pending UFA. We are in win now mode and the window is wide open.

5) It frees up cap space next year.

He's a pending UFA, trading him does not free up cap space next year. It creates a gaping hole THIS season, that's all.

6) It allows Krug and Smith to get paid.

Why do they need to "get paid"? They are both under club control and have ZERO leverage. Smith has had one decent year, Krug as well. They will take bridge contracts or sit and rot.

Marchand - Bergeron - Smith
Lucic - Soderberg - Eriksson
X - Spooner - X
Paille - Campbell - X

Defence is status quo as is goaltending.

Xs could be filled in by guys like Fraser, Florek, Ferlin, Khoko, Lindblad, and maybe Caron.

Thoughts?

You have created a lineup that is one injury at center away from Ryan Spooner being in the top 6 and Greg Campbell in your top 9.

What Chiarelli SHOULD have done, but didn't do was buy out Greg Campbell and trade or buy out Adam McQuaid.

I'm confident Chiarelli will find a taker for some of the money he has to move. Needless to say, I don't think moving David Krejci's money is the move he should even consider.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Someone asked me my opinion, and I gave it. Next time I'll be more relevant and discuss the wind speed on planet Jupiter in autumn. Gotcha.

Sorry that you took that personally; it wasn't my intent. Rather, I was attempting to piggyback on your response, but I can understand how you mistook it.

As I said, discussion is fine - after all, it's what this board is all about. It's the fervor of some posters that raises my eyebrow. They get so caught up that they seem to disregard that trading Krejci (or Chara, or Rask) is, to put it very mildly, highly improbable.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Sorry that you took that personally; it wasn't my intent. Rather, I was attempting to piggyback on your response, but I can understand how you mistook it.

As I said, discussion is fine - after all, it's what this board is all about. It's the fervor of some posters that raises my eyebrow. They get so caught up that they seem to disregard that trading Krejci (or Chara, or Rask) is, to put it very mildly, highly improbable.

I apologize, was just kiddin' around. I don't take anything personal around here, nor should anyone else, including you. Seriously, a Rags fan pm'd me, wanted to come and beat me up b/c I said Nash's tic tacs were sitting Looch's locker. Offered to pay for his fung wah bus ticket and promised I wouldn't hurt him. Much. Never pm'd back, I just never make any internet friends. Go to the beginning of the thread. My initial response was "No".

But when you start looking at the cap, upcoming UFA's, organizational strengths, consider the position the franchise is in; it's not an entirely impractical suggestion. As is trading Chara b/c he let Pacioretty get by him, or dealing a goalie that just received the Vezina.

We're strong in two places -- D-men, and centermen. Are weak on wing, and have no money. Between DK and JB, DK brings back the bigger hitter. Trade Boychuk and you risk amateur night in the playoffs again, when you need to take minutes from Chara, and have no margin for error. Trade Krejci, and you have to pray Soda and Spoons are the real deal, and what you get back makes you BETTER. Or, you don't do it. Both could walk at the end of the year.

People are just discussing the options. If I had to bet, they roll w/ what they have, try and shed Kelly, McQuaid/Miller, Bart, and target someone low cost before the deadline w/ picks and prospects.

There's just no answer that won't be painful. The only good news is...we are talking a/b another Cup here.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
so who is this awesome winger that we should trade Krejci for? I don't think there's really one available that would be good enough to offset the loss of Krejci

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

It`s a double edge sword, he often allows his players to try and play through "it" whatever it is, has us fans thinking he`s allergic to change, he likes his continuity, I`ve just learned to accept it, for better or worse.

Players seem to have less issues with CJ sticking to his guns, in this day and age of social media, surely we would have heard rumblings out of someone that they think Julien needs to be more flexible

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
If Bergy is so much better than Krejci, imagine what we could get for him! :sarcasm:

The KIL line was insane last year with their +- rating. +39 for Krejci leading the NHL for the 2nd time in this stat. (still peanuts compared to Bobby Orr) Breaking that up would be a huge mistake.

In case you didn't notice, it's already broken up. 1/3 of that line is gone.

Anyways, Bergeron is indeed more valuable than Krejci. Even with your sarcasm. But he's also more important to the Bruins, so I'd say there would be far less of a chance Bergeron would be moved than Krejci. And yes, I WOULD trade Bergeron if it meant the team improved. Absolutely no one should be untouchable for the right deal. That includes Bergeron, Krejci, Lucic, etc. Don't get this confused with actively shopping any of these players. But obviously, a guy with the username KrejciMVP can look at this topic objectively, right?

Unless there is some circumstances with a given player, most of the other time, a team isn't going to get an impact player back without giving up something that stings. I'm not advocating trading him, but I am saying keep an open mind to improving the team.

I doubt any big moves are made this off-season anyways, but there will likely be some big changes before the following season, especially if we don't play up to our potential.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Gotta love the spooner totes. Dude has proven jack

For what it's worth, he has similar stats to what Krejci had in both the AHL and NHL at the same age.

Krejci became the Krejci we know after given the ice time (unfortunately due to injury). It wouldn't be ridiculous to think Spooner could have a similar career path.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Didnt read any of this thread but i thought i ought to tell to take your head out of your *ss, one bad playoff does not justify trading half of our offence

Just go away. That type of post is pathetic and disrespectful to all who have put thought into their opinions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad