Thomas Chabot - The league's newest super star D-man?

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
15% shooting, 30% of points primary.

Small sample size, unsustainable output

Vs proven #1D in the top 10-15 range.

I don't need to prove anything. By your logic Morgan Rielly is >>>>> Doughty and Hedman

By my logic, chabot has more skill and more offensive potential to come out ahead going forward in an overall debate.

I have no idea what logic you're talking about because I didn't mention sample size as part of my logic- you did.

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Chabot looks like a complete stud, but saying he's anywhere close to Karlsson is ridiculous. Will Butcher was PPG/PPG+ the first 20-30 games IIRC. Chabot is better than Butcher, the point is it's a small sample size.

He absolutely has the tools to be a #1 defenseman and put up tons of points, but he isn't there yet and isn't in the realm of discussion for Karlsson. Bring up this discussion in another two years if he's putting up 60-70+ points and playing 25+ minutes a game.

Reactions: BradyTkachucky

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Provorov and Werenski very easily

Very easily eh.. not saying that they arent better, but that's a super laughable statement considering where Chabot is trending right now (at the very top of the league, never mind his own damn draft...).

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Hahahaha. Chabot is nowhere near Provorov defensively or overall

Wow what a take. Lock 'er up boys. All you have to do is simply look at the stat sheet. And you will see. Then we get this gem. Can you read?

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
15% shooting, 30% of points primary.

Small sample size, unsustainable output

Vs proven #1D in the top 10-15 range.

I don't need to prove anything. By your logic Morgan Rielly is >>>>> Doughty and Hedman

Ah, ok.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Meh, it's early.

Either Chabot will prove it or he won't over the course of the season and subsequent seasons.

No point getting jimmies rustled now.

Reactions: PoutineSp00nZ

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
he's so much better than werenski, provorov and hanifin have ever been. he's gonna pass hanifin's career high in points in like the next 20 games lmao

lol what? Provorov led the league in goals last year. but because Chabot has a good 15 games now he's better? never change HFBoards. :facepalm:

how about some of you calm down and wait until an entire season has passed before you go making dumb comments. any player can get hot for a stretch and what Chabot is doing now is clearly unsustainable.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
Chabot is good, but he wasn't any better than Dermott at the U20s, and will likely have a similar career arc. He is the beneficiary of a lot of luck and a lot of TOI on a bad team right now.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Chabot is good, but he wasn't any better than Dermott at the U20s, and will likely have a similar career arc.

giphy.gif

I forgot all about Dermott.

Of course, he didn't go back to the U20s and win the MVP as the only defenceman in history to do so.

Semantics said:
He is the beneficiary of a lot of luck and a lot of TOI on a bad team right now.

How's Dermott doing anyway?

12 0-1-1 -5

Well, I'm sure he'd have 20 points if he were on the Senators.

Last edited:

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
Chabot is good, but he wasn't any better than Dermott at the U20s, and will likely have a similar career arc. He is the beneficiary of a lot of luck and a lot of TOI on a bad team right now.

Is this sarcasm or ignorance? Sometimes its hard to tell around here.

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018

Translation: I am jealous because Chabot is the top pairing D-man the Leafs are sorely lacking.

DermottLOL. Honey...plz. I actually had to google him.

Reactions: Rolo and gab6511

sens13

Mar 16, 2017

lol. stop overrating your garbage players. gtfo right now.

Reactions: 1dreamof1cup

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
At this point of season Chabot is tied in points with 3 other star defencemen from this draft (Werenski, Provorov, Hanifin). Combined.

Reminds me of a meme I saw where the top pic is mcdonagh, del zatto, and staal with the quote "we got 78 points!" And the bottom pic was karlsson smiling with the quote "lol me too"

PhoenyX

Dec 13, 2009
Toronto
Add "character issues" to his list of skills. Some of the things he said in the leaked Uber video were really awful. I know he is young, but that's not an excuse!

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Add "character issues" to his list of skills. Some of the things he said in the leaked Uber video were really awful. I know he is young, but that's not an excuse!

haha.

That was any group of kids bitching about their job while they thought they were in private.

Character issues from that video . . . thats reaching.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Meh, it's early.

Either Chabot will prove it or he won't over the course of the season and subsequent seasons.

No point getting jimmies rustled now.

Thats just it. Plenty of guys can get hot for a 15 game stretch.

The test is consistency over a season. More than one season as well to be honest.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
His English is not excellent. Plus he was once caught taking a selfie with Trudeau which might not fly well in hockey circles. :nod:
Wonder how is his museum game. :huh:

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
It's only been 15 games, we know, but he looks incredible. Kind of like when we watched Karlsson break out, you knew this guy was legit, you didnt have to wait 3 seasons for you to know he was a special player.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
Of course his numbers are unstainable.

Kid is still a stud and on his way to becoming a Norris contender.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad